• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Press Conference Grading Thread

Who had your favorite E3 press conference?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silvard

I can only rate the ones I watched so...

Microsoft = 4/5 while watching it live, 3/5 after realizing how limited the compatibility list for BC looks and how expensive the controller is.
This is a conference that's about as Microsoft template as it could have been, even if I hadn't watched it I (or anyone who has been paying attention since last gen) could have guessed 70% of what would be shown: Halo, Forza, Gears, Fable, incredibly lofty claims about a technology that doesn't demo anywhere as well as they want to make it appear, and a lot of bought exclusive game/content we already knew about or expected. Not that any of that is bad, but you already know going in whether you're going to like that or not.​

BC and the elite controller genuinely surprised me and shocked me, and almost convinced me to buy an Xbox One, but then further research showed that the BC list is rather limited at the moment and it's on a per title basis, which doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence in me having seen how Xbox BC was on the 360 despite having started a lot stronger from the get go. And that wasn't dependent on the publisher either. And the controller is $150, so... Recore was new but with only CGI I have no clue if I'm even interested in the game. The rest of the games line up was relatively weak for my tastes.​

EA = Pelé/5, which sounds better than it is but Pelé isn't even a number.
I don't know who they were thinking watched these things when they brought out Pelé. And they had the gall to not only keep Battlefront hostage until the end of the conference, they actually dangled it every so often. CGI reveal for ME which said nothing. Mirror's Edge was quite interesting. The rest of the games didn't do anything for me.
Ubisoft = 3/5
Literally more of the same. Same MC, same tryhard meme/jokes, same games, same IPs. For the most part anyway. Most of the stuff actually piques my interests. As a fan of Musou types of games and medieval settings and fully realized melee combat I'm salivating for more info about For Honor. I actually like Tom Clancy's properties. But I don't know if it was the way it was presented or the context of the conference, but it wasn't as exciting as I believe it could have been.​

Sony = VII/5
If I hadn't seen this conference live I still would be under the impression that this is a joke/mass delusion that the entire Internet is in on. Yeah, a lot of it isn't releasing any time soon, but that night dreams came true. Horizon actually ended up being the title I'm most looking forward to out of the lot, followed closely by UC4. The non-mindblowing parts of the conference were tastefully kept short. The only problem I see for Sony is that I don't see how they will be able to top this conference in my lifetime. They would have to literally groom fan favorite/cult classic franchises, freeze them for more than a decade and then announce their revivals all at once.​

Nintendo = -1/5 Yes, it's worse than nothing.
I have never regretted buying a games platform, this is coming from some one who had an Ngage and a Virtual Boy, and the Wii U is no exception. But dammit if it isn't due to Nintendo's lack of trying. I'm not insane, I don't expect Nintendo to heavily support an essentially dead platform, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. I bought my Wii U because of Zelda, Xenoblade, FE x SMT. After this Direct (and recent reception of XB) Zelda is all I'm pinning my hopes on. The rest of the event had me alternating between "Who asked for this?" and "Why?". I would have been happier if Nintendo had just skipped this E3.​

Square Enix = 4/5
SE is finally getting back into a groove for me. The Eidos part showed me their respective franchises had embraced what made them unique in people's eyes, ie. Just Cause 3 has fully embraced absurdity, but that's actually a good thing. I'm actually looking forward to Hitman this time, I'm interested in how they're going to keep it fresh as they're claiming. The eastern part of the conference was also very solid, with Nier New Project feeling like an extension of the dream from the night before, with some reassurance about the JRPG future on home consoles. Wish there had been a FFXII HD announcement though, and a DQ appearance. Holding out hope for TGS.​

Aiustis

Microsoft was good.
I was almost convinced that I should get an XB1.

PC Gamer was good.
Didn't surpass my expectations, but was satifying.

Feel meh about everything else.

Ok so I changed my mind. I just orderd a PS4 for Bloodborne, Ratched & Clank (I'm kinda on the fench but my cousin loves this series) and The Last Guardian.

I've bought systems for less in the past.
I am weak

MDSLKTR

Sony basically killed it 5 minutes in. The only way they can ever top this conference is if they buy mgs/silent hill franchises and have them announced by Kojima on stage.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Just the ones I watched -

Ubisoft - 7/10 - Not bought an Ubisoft game in years because none of what they do generally interests me. This they got me interested in 2 games (GR and that medieval one). That's worth a decent grade I think

EA - yawn/10 - no comment needed

Squeenix - 8/10 - Nier 2, SO5 looking not shit, Jrpg focus.

MS - 6/10 - BC is a big deal and Recore might be interesting. Cuphead is gorgeous. Everything else was just dull to me.

Sony - 11/10 - Made my dreams come true with Shenmue and TLG. FFVIIr was a massive win. Firewatch looks absolutely amazing. I would not have known about it had it not been at their conference so that was a big plus.

Sony: A. Can't fault those big 3 announcements (though 2/3 I'll probably play on PC). Final Fantasy VII hits me right in the nostalgia bone and although I'm cautious that Square can do it justice, I can't wait to see more. Last Guardian looks wonderful. Horizon actually looks interesting, having zero interest in Killzone. Dreams looks beautiful though I don't know if I'd actually play it, and Firewatch is one of my most anticipated games. Not perfect, a few pacing issues with some third party stuff I don't care about (AC, CoD).
Microsoft: A- I would have rated this A- straight after the show so I'll rate it on its own merits rather than retroactively docking points in competition with Sony's unprecedented moment of hype delivery. By Microsofts recent/usual E3 conference standards this was great. Solid showing of games and great pacing. Backwards compatibility is fantastic if they have a decent selection of games when it launches. Halo is probably my favourite console exclusive so I was excited to see more of that and I really liked the look of the new Rare game. Negatives: No hugely surprising game announcement, and a mediocre Gears demo.
Bethesda: A. Delivered exactly what it could and should have. Don't know what more needs to be said, Fallout 4 looks fantastic. Predictable, but who cares?
EA: C- Not the disaster of last year. They had games I want to play, but the pacing was awful. It felt like Plants Vs Zombies got the most screen time, swiftly followed by mobile talk and a misplaced Pele interview (should have saved that for Gamescom). The most boring conference. Battlefront, Mirrors Edge and Mass Effect all look great and Unravel was a nice surprised. Looks delightful. Oh, and Need for Speed looked really nice too. Would have liked to see more of the Criterion game.
Ubisoft: C Had a solid line-up of games, though none I'm incredibly excited for, but it was never as boring as the EA conference (even when I'm cringing, I'm entertained). South Park was a nice surprised and Ghost Recon looked nice. Would have liked to see a couple of smaller titles like Grow Home and Valiant Hearts.
Square: C. Probably had the least number of games I care about, but Just Cause 3 looks glorious and I at least appreciate games like Kingdom Hearts 3 even if I won't play it.
Nintendo: D Poor showing of games. I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan, but Mario Maker is probably the only thing I'd play out of everything shown. No Zelda (which we knew, but that doesn't help). No new Mario. No real new major game at all bar Star Fox which I haven't read good things about. Also partly understandable if they're wrapping this hardware up soon.

Overall I thought this was a great E3. I moved primarily to PC this generation and both Microsoft and Sony have given me reasons why I want to eventually pick up their consoles.

Petrae

Bethesda (B): Very good first effort. Generally strong games, plus big impact with Fallout 4 release specifics and surprise drop of its Fallout Shelter app. Points off for ESO and the mobile card game, but still an above-average show overall.

Microsoft (B+): Another very good effort. Considerable focus on games coming out this year (especially in comparison to the "Soony" strategy), plus backwards compatibility is a big deal to me and got me to consider upgrading from my 360... which I had flatly refused up to now. RARE Replay for $30 was a big deal to me, as a fan of the publisher's older games. Tomb Raider demo was intense. Some games misfired with me personally (Halo 5, Gears), but I thought it was a very goid show that succeeded in at least getting me to consider getting an XBO.

EA (C): The new Mass Effect trailer and new Star Wars Battlefront footage bookended a pretty rough show. Unravel looks great, and its presenter was endearing-- very human with his nerves and coming to grips with where he was, and yet proud of his work. Need For Speed looks great, but the FMV stuff was odd (Was that a David Spade wannabe?) and the fact that it's always online irreparably damages the game's appeal for me. Awkward interactions for the sports games (Hoopgawd and Pele segments) were tough to watch, and obvious disinterest in mobile/sports by the crowd was evident. Maybe a C grade is a bit generous.

Ubisoft (C-): After a strong start, this show gradually declined in quality. South Park and For Honor were appealing, but The Division and Rainbow Six were not. Moreover, the fake/highly scripted multiplayer chat really took away from the demos of the latter two. Then the Just Dance performance debacle-- which was a waste of everyone's time and created one of the week's most awkward moments by the singer getting waved away by Aisha Tyler mid-song-- was embarrassing at best. AssCreed and the suddenly drug-driven Ghost Recon weren't quite enough to bring the show back to average. In fact, the Ghost Recon reveal was a minor troll, as the setup had many thinking Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Sony (A-): Despite a few flaws, this was the best event that I saw. Hitting the big three (The Last Guardian, the FFVII remake, and the Shenmue III crowdfund opportunity) had the crowd in attendance and many people at home clapping in their seats. The Horizon reveal was strong, and seeing more of No Man's Sky had people buzzing (though I still think it looks boring). Media Molecule's new title did zero for me, and droning on about PlayStation Vue and Morpheus was about as impactful as a Pele interview. Airing Batman stuff, with the game so close at hand, was a debatable move-- but something Sony probably owed to Warner for select content exclusivity. Call of Duty changing sides and jumping to the Sony camp will have at least some effect on the Console War (and is needed, given weak 2nd half 2015 lineup). Uncharted 4 demo was great, though tech issues ground the event to a halt at the beginning. Theme of showing no release dates/launch windows was noticeable, and flew in the face of other shows.

Nintendo (C+): Big step backwards this year after being my big "winner" in 2014. After a good start with StarFox Zero, there was nothing else that "wowed" me. The confirmation of the Hyrule Warriors to 3DS leak means that I don't have to buy a WiiU to play it, which saves me money. Xenoblade Chronicles looks great, but I've never had much interest in the series. The new Yoshi game isn't a must-have. Super Mario Maker may be fun for creative types, but that's not me. (See also: LittleBigPlanet.) Mario Tennis is the weaker of Camelot's sports, so it's not a draw for me. The new Mario RPG for 3DS looked neat, at least... but the Zelda and Metroid games were meh, at best. The ending of the event was a major disappointment, too; wrapping with a music montage instead of a surprise or strong game was symbolic of a white flag. Not a bust like 2008, but definitely a major dropoff from last year, this event did almost nothing to sell me on a WiiU.

Square-Enix (C): This is what you get when you combine a very good lineup of games with one of the most droll presentations of all time. They cancel each other out, and an average grade for the show is the result. The footage for Just Cause 3 was plagued by narration that sounds like it was meant for investors. The on-stage presenters were lifeless AT BEST. Fan trolling was a theme here, with Kingdom Hearts and the epic "...and one more thing" swerve that wound up being too early in development and too tight on info to have any major impact. The awful presentation was saved by the games, though. Happy to see NieR getting another installment, Kingdom Hearts 3 threw everyone into a tizzy, and the new Deus Ex game shows serious potential and promise.

Elios83

This year it isn't even worth arguing about it.
Sony won with the best conference by far, nothing can campare with the impact of The Last Guardian, FFVII remake and Shemue 3 being announced one right after the other.
It's true that their first party Q4 lineup is emmm ''sparse'' :D but that has nothing to do with the conference and with games like Uncharted 4, Street Fighter 5, Ratchet&Clank coming exclusively for PS4 next spring (among with the definitive version of Tomb Raider lol) I don't see any actual reason of concern. They just got hit with unfortunate delays, but the games are not not going anywhere, we'll just play them in Feb-April instead of Oct-Dec. Also The Last Guardian and very likely Horizon as well in 2016 already make an incredible first party lineup.

Kiote

I don't understand how Sony could be running away with this polling. The Last Guardian Trailer was awful. You could actually see how poorly the gameplay was functioning and beyond that nothing happened. The one Morpheus game they showed off looked just awful. It certainly didn't hold a candle to Microsoft's Minecraft Hollolens. The FF announcement was cool, but only a timed exclusive.

I dunno, I really hate Microsoft, but, despite the fact that nearly every game they showed was a post apocalyptic, a shooter, or both, they had a much better showing than Sony. A lot of first party exclusives and new IPs, Hollolens looks amazing, Valve and Oculus partnerships for VR, and all but two or three games shown in the Playstation conference are coming to Xbox.

Man did Nintendo drop the ball...

Overall, it looks like this is going to be another great year of waiting til Next Year.

Microsoft: A- Lot of New Stuff, needs more Diversity
Sony: B Last Guardian Letdown, Very Few True Exclusives, No Morpheus
Nintendo: C- Star Fox was great, but the 2015 lineup was MIA. Where are Devils Third and Fatal Frame guys? Oh and seriously, X is December? and WTF is up with turning AC into a crappy board game. Ridiculous.

Out of all the conferences I have watched, 2015 was the one where I was willing to skip if not the for rumored TLG game that has been so prevalent in NeoGAF. Fortunately I didn't because it was the most entertaining experience of all time! I have never felt so many emotions in a few consecutive days that I even sacrificed my sleep for work just to watch the following conferences:

Bethesda: B+. Doom was somewhat impressive but the highlighted "press x to gore" took the pacing out the experience not to mention snake like linear level intro at the beginning speaks volumes of the design nature of the game

Microsoft: B+. 3 things of note: backwards compatibility, the elite controller and Hololens. This is the first time in my life that I wanted an X1 as my first-to-go console system. And that elite controller? Magic. Steams gamepad just went a notch below and I absolutely despise the 360 model controller. Other than a FPS, it is an unwieldy controller for me. This one on the other hand made me want it so badly. The customizations and the backpedals? I feel I can do away with the PS controller as my emulator input device for good without getting around stupid drivers.

EA: UE+ (Unexpectedly Entertaining). I swear never in my entire life did I laugh so hard. The moment Pele was introduced, I was simulatenously viewing all the comments from NeoGAF to GT's twitch livestream and the resounding responses was so accurate to my feelings at the moment that by the time I discovered it was more than 15 minutes and the interview was STILL going on, I literally could not contain my laughter.

Because my room is so small and is shared with my brother, I had to try so hard not to make a sound but squirts of saliva just kept being spat out while every part of my body was aching I thought I would never make it to SONY's conference.

Of course Battlefront was surprisingly good, I must admit I was expecting a huge downgrade but they really did make it that close to the original teaser trailer. Bravo DICE, bravo. What even blew my mind further that it was running on a PS4... at 60fps. That, I find extra hard to believe.

Ubisoft: DG (Downgrade -). Sorry, with only a few hours to work after the SONY livestream I needed the sleep and I cannot sum up enough strength to go through their conference which gave me at least 2 good hours of sleep for the entire 48 hour period. Apparently, there was supposedly some interesting aspects to the conference but I'm glad I didn't have to sit through that.

Sony: S+. Believe when I say this. I think this conference was designed exclusively for people like me - the Trinity believer: The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy 7 remake and Shenmue. All the exhaustion I had prior was instantly replaced with euphoria. Imagine, games that were considered dead, unreal and vaporized and SONY somehow managed to combine all 3 - in ONE conference. I was happy knowing TLG was introduced, then another surprise in the form of Horizon and it was like a 90s kid dream come true.

And fuck me did Hashimoto double-trolled us on PSX. When I saw the opening trailer of FF7 Remake I was laughing, expecting a movie at the end but as the word "remake" appeared on screen, I laughed even harder seeing how unbelievable this reveal was.

Then....

Shenmue. At this point, I fucking lost it, the dream of dreams, my game of all games the unexpected of unexpected of announcements. I was laughing maniacally and crying in both happiness and the sheer utter shock and ridiculous nature of how it just appeared out of nowhere ESPECIALLY right after FF7R. It was done, there was nothing more needs to be said, conference ended right there for me.

Nintendo: U (Unclassified): I would say this. I don't believe anything would've diminished what I experienced at SONY's E3 but Nintendo did the impossible and literally wiped out all the emotions I've felt in the past few days.

The sheer dull nature made me unable to turn away. It was like watching a cat with 2 missing legs falling a very steep flight of stairs; I just simply could not look away. It was an extremely flaccid showing to the point it actually convinced me to buy at least something from Nintendo just because. This erratic contradictory nature of my feelings really got me into shock. That's how bad Nintendo's conference was.

Square Enix: C-. They've got games, but only JC3 had proper gameplay showing. Everything else was either in concept or no follow through.

PC: N (No remark). At this point my body could not take it, my eyelids were literally struggling to keep open. I pushed myself to the last seconds of the conference only to find out it was DELAYED an hour after. God, I was so pissed off that I immediately went to have a wank and got to bed. Looking at the thread, it seems I did not miss much at all. Can't believe I spent hours awake trying to watch a conference that did diddly squat.

If there was some significance out of the showing I would like to know because I can't find thread other than the sticky one pertaining to the conference.

Sony: would have been a great conference if more than two of the games they showed will be out sooner than extremely late 2016 at the absolute soonest, very few exclusives. 6/10
Bethesda: Doom looks like ass, Fallout 4 I am still scared about, everything else was boring. 4/10
Microsoft: Again, most pumped on the non exclusives they showed. 5/10
Nintendo: Meh, they've had better non E3 Directs. Even the disappointments like AC Amiibo Party will probably be fun, but I can't help but feel underwhelmed. At least the games are actually coming out before next E3. 6/10
SE: Terrible presentation, some cool looking games, a lot of stuff I don't care about 3/10
EA: lol 2/10

woopWOOP

I watched a lot of them, but hardly remember any. Let me give this a shot anyway:

Bethesda: 9/10
Nice long demo for Fallout 4 (and a dull looking Doom) with other nice little tidbits. Straight to the point and interesting.
Sony: 9/10
I don't care about Shenmue or Last Guardian, but even I'm aware it's a big deal that these game/franchises are still continued/in production. FF7:R's announcement is probably way, way, WAY too early, but again Sony knows what the fans want (me included, that shit got me pretty hyped).
Microsoft: 7/10
Don't care about their AAA jank or sports titles, but some of their indie showings were really great. Demoing games with fake voicechat is dumb as all hell tho (same goes for EA and Ubisoft).
Ubisoft: 3/10
Cringed throughout the whole damn thing and don't really remember anything I really give a shit about. Don't... please don't try to create memes next time.
EA: 5/10
Unraveled looks neat. Everything else... well, I'm glad I watched this with the GB crew talking over it.
Nintendo: 5/10
Nice format, funny skits, but pretty damn dry on new content, nevermind 'huge bombs'. Really liked what they showed of Starfox, not invested in Metroid/Animal Crossing enough to be THAT angry about the new spinoffs.

Sony - A+ This is one for the ages. Might not be topped in my lifetime? Scary thought.

Square Enix - B+
One of those happy surprises that you don't expect. Is SE returning to old form? Most of their presented stuff looked great and I think the conference format was also fine. And Nier 2, OMG. Also Hashimoto troll, it was awesome.

Microsoft - C+ Nothing really blew me away. A solid conference overall. But I am afraid MS needed more than just solid this year.

Ubisoft - C- South Park saved it for me. Besides this, nothing too exciting and a lot of cringe as usual. Aisha Tyler is good, but it is time for something fresh next year. Also for the love of god, stop those pre-canned and forced voice chat demonstrations. Also I have lost any desire to play The Division at this point.

EA - D+ A typical EA conference. Sports sports sports, Pele, NFS... Bla. Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge and Battlefront saved it more or less, but I don't care much about either of them.

Nintendo - F One of the worst Nintendo events I have seen. More underwhelming than some of the Directs. An insult to Nintendo fans and non Nintendo fans. Should we applaud them for openly admitting that the company is done with the Wii U? I am not sure. As an amiibo collector I am thinking this bubble is about to burst. I will not buy more of them when Smash is finished. No exciting new content, muppets, tempels, cringe. Iwata and Miyamoto need to go.

PC - no grade This seemed more like an AMD commercial and I lost interest half way. And this is coming from a PC gamer. No thanks.

Did not watch Bethesda.

I watched Bethesda, EA, Microsoft and Sony. All of which were great and I honestly couldn't have asked for more from any of them.

And while I think Sony certainly won in my book, I do have to give credit to Microsoft for services - like backward compatibility.

One thing that impressed me about the Sony conference was how well paced it was. Back to back games, most of which showing actual gameplay. Even Horizon, which I didn't expect. I was also amazed to see that they managed to get VR and TV out in around 10 minutes - a drop in the pond when the conference is 2 hours in length. I was super worried they would have Morpheus on stage for a third of the show. But they managed to sell me with the Guerrilla Cambridge competitive multiplayer game alone.

I truly think this was one of Sony's finest E3 press conferences. I mean, the trifecta of The Last Guardian, FFVII and Shenmue 3 would have been enough. But Horizon and Uncharted looked SUPERB. It's hard to dock them points for anything. A+

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
My reactions

Bethesda
Eddie-Murphy-A-Ok-Reaction.gif

Microsoft
7bd765ab8f79b4b4f02cf91213d99e14.jpg

EA
f34657ad96870dfd4126589135e4d95d.jpg

Ubisoft
shifty-richard-pryor-o.gif

Nintendo
kevin-hart-responds-sony-hack-classy.gif

Sony
Steve-Harvey-Crying-on-Show-During-Interview.gif

Sony: would have been a great conference if more than two of the games they showed will be out sooner than extremely late 2016 at the absolute soonest, very few exclusives. 6/10
Bethesda: Doom looks like ass, Fallout 4 I am still scared about, everything else was boring. 4/10
Microsoft: Again, most pumped on the non exclusives they showed. 5/10
Nintendo: Meh, they've had better non E3 Directs. Even the disappointments like AC Amiibo Party will probably be fun, but I can't help but feel underwhelmed. At least the games are actually coming out before next E3. 6/10
SE: Terrible presentation, some cool looking games, a lot of stuff I don't care about 3/10
EA: lol 2/10

If you struggled to find much to get excited about this year, I wouldn't tune in to E3 ever again lol

Dude, Bloodborne is the best game I've played this decade. full stop.
You made a good decision.

I hope so. I enjoyed Demon and Dark Souls a lot.
I might actually end up buying certain ps4/pc games for the ps4 instead too because I REALLY need to upgrade my pc (pretty much every component is 5+ years old) at this point and I don't think I'll be able to afford it any time soon.
Heh, I was surprised when I managed to get The Witcher III running on this machine somehow.

Not sure why I forgot about The Last Guardian and Street Fighter V during my first post in this thread because both blew me away. I might Edit it later..
I'm watching the Sony conference for the second time right now. I must have been really tired two days ago because I don't even remember some of it.

Oculus: They had a conference? I had no idea. Not grading.

Bethesda: B+. Fallout was all I wanted + more. And no exclusive DLC crap so far.

Microsoft: B. Great conference with the big boom being retro-compatibility.

EA: D+. They managed to screw up Mass Effects announcement. Mirrors Edge and Yarny saved them.

Ubisoft: C. Great overall. No real urprise tho.

Sony: A+. You just can't do better than that. It might have broken E3 forever since ppl will always compare keynotes to this. And it will get annoying over time.

Nintendo: F. It's all about those damn amiibos now. This "event" made me go from perhaps I'll buy a WiiU to I'll never buy a WiiU.

Square Enix: B+. I'm in shock about how good of a conference this was. FFXV should have been present tho. And hashimoto master troll is just awesome.

PC: Missed so I'm not grading.

If you struggled to find much to get excited about this year, I wouldn't tune in to E3 ever again lol

Out of Sony's big three announcements, Shemnue and FFVII Remake probably are only in the most nebulous of pre alpha states, and The Last Guardian was obviously still running on a PS3 build. I'll get excited about those games two E3s from now when they're playable on the show floor. I've been around long enough to know there's no reason to get hyped about a game before then.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Bethesda (B): Delivered the games especially Fallout 4. So glorious

Microsoft (B-): Halo 5 and the BC which seems like a complete BS move to do now. Rare's old school games looks like a nice deal. Brings back memories.

EA (D+: Other than the brief Mass Effect trailer and awesome Unraveled gameplay trailer, everything else was fuckin shit.

Ubisoft (C): The ghost recon blew the shit out of Rainbow 6 and the division. GC is the only game that Im hooked on from Ubi

Sony (A+++++++): Shenmue 3, Last Guardian, FF7 remake, Uncharted, etc...Sony dropped the fuckin bomb when Iwata couldn't even lit the match for Nintendo...Sony's conference was godly. Awesome trailers, and making grown ass men cry.

Nintendo (C): Starfox Zero and Mario and luigi: Paper Jam looked great. Everything else was just meh.

Elios83

Out of Sony's big three announcements, Shemnue and FFVII Remake probably are only in the most nebulous of pre alpha states, and The Last Guardian was obviously still running on a PS3 build. I'll get excited about those games two E3s from now when they're playable on the show floor. I've been around long enough to know there's no reason to get hyped about a game before then.

That is not really correct.
The Last Guardian is not running on a PS3 build.
It's a PS4 game running at 1080p, simply they have not remade the graphics for native PS4 specs because it would have costed a lot and would have delayed the game furtherly but as it was revealed by Ueda the PS3 version wasn't really running at playable framerate when they showed trailers in 2009.
They also said that right now the game is fully playable from start to finish and will be released next year.
FFVII remake went into development last year, it's not in a nebulous state.
Shenmue 3 needed the Kickstarter success to go in full development, now they can develop it and they're planning a late 2017 release.

GKFinns

I will rank these in my own personal order.

Sony: A-
One of the best conferences of all time, beating out their 2013 conference with the combo punch of FFXV>KH3>Used Games>Price Announcement. Starting off by becoming a magical wish granting genie, Sony gave us Last Guardian, FFVII Remake, and Shenmue 3 in one conference. Add in my personal game of the show Horizon: Zero Dawn, pure gameplay of No Man's Sky, and an insane demo of Uncharted 4, and you have the best show around.

Ubisoft: B+
I know it is popular to hate on Ubisoft, but damn if I do not LOVE TO DEATH the concept of co op games, open world games, and co op open world games. Ubisoft is giving me a new South Park RPG, an incredible looking new IP in For Honor, Division, Rainbow Six: Siege, AND a debut of the great looking Ghost Recon: Wildlands. However they should just hurry up and rename themselves "Tom Clancy's Ubisoft"

Square-Enix: B
They would've scored higher if the conference itself wasn't so antiquated and filled with WAY too much chatter. But the games? Man. Deus Ex gameplay! Just Cause 3 gameplay! Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay! Hitman. Star Ocean 5. A Platinum Games Nier sequel! A new studio working on an honest to god new game!

Microsoft: B-
It all seemed too familiar. There was not a single wow factor outside of backwards compatibility which doesn't affect me since I still own a 360. Halo? Check. Gears? Check. Forza? Check. Fables? Check. Tomb Raider? It's back. I think ReCore looks great, Sea of Thieves looks ok, Rare Replay is a great deal, their indie offerings are great (CUPHEAD <3) but nothing about it was memorable. And way too much of it was a simple CG trailer.

Bethesda: B-
I absolutely loved what I saw of Fallout 4. Dishonored 2 is great! But nothing was actually shown. DOOM looked cool but has never done it for me. And Elder Scrolls Legends? Eh?

EA: C-
This was a true shit sandwich of a show. Started great with Mass Effect: Andromeda and a solid showing for Need for Speed, AND the debut of the most charming game around, Unravel (suck it Yarn Yoshi) but it soon devolved into fireside chats with Pele, THA HOOP GAWD, an absolute cringe worthy Minions iOS showing...all before wrapping up with the greatness that was Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and Star Wars: Battlefront.

Nintendo: D+
Hoo boy. Underwhelming at best, offensively mediocre on average, and a slap in the face to fans at its worst. StarFox Zero looks good, and I will never turn down a new handheld Zelda or Mario & Luigi RPG, but WHAT THE HELL is that Metroid game? Or those Animal Crossing games? Or the non showings that were Fire Emblem Fates and FExSMT? Yarn Yoshi droned on forever, and the finale was already awesome on Sunday and the finale was a Wii Music inspired let down. Step it up in 2016 Nintendo.

PC Gaming: N/A
Didn't watch it, so I cannot comment on it.

MS: Damn strong showing, b/c is an impressive achievement even if I'm sceptical as to it's value now as opposed to launch, lots of games even if I'm not a Halo or GoW fan there was lots of other stuff that I was interested in, Cuphead for GOAT 8/10

Sony: THE LAST GUARDIAN, yup I'm that guy and this sealed my vote even with it's vague 2016ness (tbh MS was getting the vote otherwise), Shenmue III was huge for a lot of folks, Destiny hmmmmm still not sure how I feel about them asking me for &#8364;40 after all the horrible design missteps in the last two expansions, VR still seems like a daft thing for folks with too much cash I'll pick up for 80% off on Ebay in two years, No Man's Sky still looks good but I can understand how some folks are losing faith with several showings and no date but I have faith in this one (and a limited set of expectations for the game) 9/10

Ubisoft: Good Lord this is getting more awkward year on year, Aisha Tyler is literally the only reason to watch this anymore apart from the odd UbiArt title. They killed BG&E 2 so until that gets made Ubi are on a permanent 0/10

Nintendo: Did not see, kind of surprised at the backlash but it seems likes that is rooted in suspicion that the WiiU is being brought out behind the wood shed after only 2.5 years so yeah I can get that

EA: Meh except for that Yarn game which looks pretty cool, I am practically the target mrket for Battlefront but I am so f-ing tired of the BF unlock model I might not bother (I refuse to believe EA can give up that sweet, sweet Battlepack cash), ME:Andromeda I hope they bring this back to ME1 and then I'll drive the hype train 6/10

Square: Did not see, loved the car crash tweets so I';ll probably watch GB for the snark

Bethesda: FO4 yeah looks like FO the things I want improved aren't there (writing quest design) but it looked much nicer than that reveal trailer (also why am I building broken shacks?) FPS MOBA? Pass, Dishonored 2 looks cool lets hope the non lethal playthrough gets better toys this time. 7/10

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bethesda - N/A - didn't see it. Saw a video of DOOM 4 gameplay and apart from the hideous art direction the game looked like the most fun FPS since Unreal Tournament. Fallout 4 doesn't really interest me too much, I mean I liked 3 and all but kinda getting bored of western RPGs at the moment.

Microsoft - C - Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable were pretty snore-worthy. Rare collection is pretty cool, while they're not my favorite dev, I do love retro gaming and there's a few of these games that I don't already own that I'd be interested in playing. The highlight was that cute BBW who presented the one really pretty looking indie game about the blind girl ;)
I love me some BBWs

EA - N/A - Don't really care much about EA. I did see the Mirror's Edge Catalyst trailer later and it looked cool.

Ubisoft - N/A - I'm not into their games at all.

Sony - A - Brought the big guns... never would I have expected TLG, FF7 Remake, and Shenmue 3... all in the same show! Even that one game with the girl fighting the robotic dinosaur looked pretty neat. Kinda lost the plot towards the end with all that Star Wars / COD / Assassin's Creed stuff (3 things I can't stand). And was kinda hoping to see a new Level 5 game or Gravity Rush 2.

Nintendo - D - I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but none of what they had on offer was too captivating. I'm glad for an Xenoblade X release date, and it's neat that Yokai Watch is getting a US release so I can see the big deal... but for the most part, they played it MUCH too safe Was kinda hoping for some new, original IPs or long-lost sequels for WiiU/3DS... or at least a DQ7 US release announcement. Also, the puppets were kinda cheesy and wayyyy too much Amiibo whoring. Last year they stole the show, this year was snooooore. Next year with the NX stuff they should be big.

Square Enix - B - The format needed some work, was a tad awkward with the presenters... but holy shit there was some real good stuff announced in there. A Nier sequel developed by Platinum was a huge shock, and rocked me nearly as much as TLG/FF7/Shenmue 3. Seeing some gameplay footage of SO5 was a treat, since I'm a huge tri-Ace fan. The mobile stuff naturally didn't do it for me since I don't like mobile... Even though a turn-based Tomb Raider has potential, I couldn't get into that trendy flat pastel indie game look, even more cliche than 8-bit throwback graphics in indie gaming at this point. Hearing they have a new studio exclusively for making RPGs is exciting and I can't wait to see what they have in store... Would have liked less focus on the Eidos stuff, some more info about SaGa Vita, and of course... a DQ7 3DS US release.

PC - N/A - Didn't watch. The kinda games I like aren't really on PC, with the exceptions of older Falcom games, a few console ports (which I'd rather play on console, I'm a "comfy couch" gamer who prefers physical media) and I guess now Valkyria Chronicles?

Sony - A
A conference that will be remembered for a long time. the big 3 games are not my favorites so I'm not that hype as some about them. Horizon and Uncharted look great though.

Microsoft - A
ReCore and Sea of Thieves both look right up my ally. The Rare collection is amazing,, and the sequels all look solid, minus Fable. Lots of stuff This year, which is why I think I like this conference the best. hololens and Backwards compat.

Ubisoft - C
Not much here for me.

S E - B
Good RPG's are coming, and that's great

PC - C
enjoyed the presentation style, though not much here for me.

Nintendo - D
I appreciate the fact that they acknowledged that the WiiU is dead. Show had nothing except the fact that it is obvious that they are all in on the next system and have moved on.

Bethesda - B+
I enjoyed and a great start to E3

EA - B
A little less Pele and this was a great conference. Battlefront is the game I have been wanting for a long time. PVZ2 is also a big announcement for me, I play the first one with my kids a lot.

Sony &#8211; A+ &#8211; Can't really ask for anything more. The Last Guardian, fresh new IPs in Horizon & Dreams, nostalgia-quenching games in Shenmue and FF7, nice exploration of what No Man's Sky is, and actually mindblowing gameplay from Uncharted 4. I can't remember a better Sony E3.

Square &#8211; A &#8211; I had low expectations but the Platinum Nier is a huge deal and a real surprise.

Microsoft &#8211; B &#8211; Backwards compatibility would have been a gamechanger when the consoles were originally released. It's still a big deal, but other than that MSoft didn't have much to announce in terms of games.

EA &#8211; C &#8211; Nothing out of the ordinary, pretty much everything was expected

Ubisoft &#8211; C &#8211; Ditto Ubi

Nintendo &#8211; D &#8211; Nintendo are playing it way too safe

Bethesda &#8211; N/A, didn't watch

PC &#8211; N/A, didn't watch

I watched only 2 of the conferences.

Sony: A+
Lots of games that interest me. Some could turn out to be really good (Horizon, UC4, NMS), some didn't jump out to me (COD, Assassin's Creed #563). Plus big guns like FF7 Remake, Shenmue 3, and TLG.

Honestly I've never been on the TLG hype train but I would give it a shot.

Bethesda: B+
Solely because of my hype for FO4. The other games pulled the overall presentation down in my biased view. I thought the original Dishonored was average, and was never a big fan of Doom, though it did look good.

Microsoft: C-

Completely average with Rares pirate MMO and the collection peaking interest. Not enough interest, mind you. A collection of old games I already own and a trailer for a pirate game only go so far. Halo and Gears don't interest me anymore, and Tomb Raider was super "meh".

Sony: A

Solid E3. They dropped 3 megatons, what can you say? I have been waiting for The Last Guardian for forever. Shenmue 3 was a bigger bombshell, and FF7:R was a dream come true that I hope brings something new while preserving the original design choices (I am for an action-RPG style). Horizon looked fresh and very different from their other games.

Nintendo: D-

I have little words for this event. Started off strong with StarFox Zero. But after that it went downhill. A good 20 minutes was spent on developer commentary of games we saw LAST YEAR! In fact half the games we saw were from last year. Oh another Xenoblade trailer, another Woollie World gameplay trailer. It was pathetic. Spending so much time on 2 Nintendo/Skylander figures was absurd. The Animal Crossing Amiibo game looks outright terrible. It was far from what an Amiibo centered game should be. Only thing I was excited for was StarFox, and I liked Mario Tennis. Again, what a disappointment.

Didn't even get a Final Fantasy Explorer's announcement!

vin-buc

Microsoft C+
- Elite Controller (which I asked of Sony in the E3 wishlist thread). As someone who plays FPS's this was an excellent announcement.
- BC - it's cool but not fleshed out. No guarantees on what you can play. Only a handful of titles. Nonetheless a good announcement and a good way to upgrade 360 owners to xbox 1. I doubt you will see the 3rd party heavy hitters on that list though.
- Games ZERO new IP in 2015. The same 4 franchises (1 remaster) for the umpteenth year but now released in the same window. 1 timed exclusive. Halo did not impress. Gears 4 looks extremely generic and 360 capable. They needed scalebound at this E3 not gamescon.
- Hololens - not too sure what to make of this. Milo and Kate? LOL @the "partnerships" with OR and Vive. They have nothing in the VR space and this is bs at best.
- Where are all the big 3rd party partners?

Sony B+
- Megatons
- Emotional - people were legit crying
- new home of CoD with timed Dlc. Paradigm shift in the console space. This is a real FU to xbox however you slice it. PS4 is the de facto console of this gen no matter how unpopular CoD may be on this forum.
- TLG - still think it won't release in 2016 if ever. Didn't seem right. But happy to see it demoed.
- Horizon looked ace
- Sneaky media update
- Tons to look forward to. IMO E3 shouldn't be about the next 5 months but rather the vision/roadmap of whats to come.
- OMG @Uncharted. It's the bar of all 3rd person action shooter. Hands down.
- no fluff presentation - except a very wished for a'la carte option for Vue.
- R.I.P vita
- no end of year surprise.

Nintendo F-
- I hate saying this but after watching that thing I can only say they look doomed. Extremely low quality software. Sick that everything is now "with akimbo..." they're I desperate need of new management blood.

Xellos

Microsoft B: BC was the highlight. I was interested in the new controller until I heard the price later. Hololens looks really neat but I'm not sold on it yet. As for the games, the most interesting looking ones were Cuphead, Below, Super Hot, Sea of Thieves, and Recore (great looking CG, but still just CG). Rare collection is a great package. Tomb Raider demo was boring but I liked the 2013 game so I'm looking forward to this. Gears demo was pretty boring too.

Sony A: Shenmue 3. I'm not that into FFVII and never doubted that TLG would reemerge at some point, but for me, Shenmue 3 was massive. I had given up on ever seeing that. The rest of the show was good but I'm not as big on it as others seem to be. Firewatch looked great as usual. No Man's Sky continues to look interesting. Guerrilla's Horizon looked cool, but Guerrilla's games always look good. I will give it a chance, but I did not enjoy Killzone or Shadowfall and so I'm wary of this. Uncharted had fantastic graphics but otherwise didn't do much for me. But really, they could have shown anything after Shenmue 3 and it still would have been one of the best conferences ever.

Nintendo B: The most entertaining presentation of all the presentations. I loved the puppets and I like the developer commentaries. I'm not really getting the massive backlash to the games either. Starfox, Zelda Triforce Heroes, and Paper Jam looked like fun. Yoshi, Mario Maker, and Xenoblade continued to look awesome. I have confidence in Next Level Games to deliver something good with Metroid Federation Force. The low points were Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and the Skylanders deal. Also disappointed that they didn't show Devil's Third, which looks cheesy but kind of fun.

Bethesda B+: Fallout 4 looked great. Loved the trailer for Dishonored 2. I'm cautiously optimistic about Doom. Fallout Shelter looked neat and was a nice surprise. The best of the third party conferences.

EA C: Loved Unraveled and I'm looking forward to seeing more Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge. Star Wars looked gorgeous. The EA Sports talk almost put me to sleep.

Ubisoft C: I like that we're getting another South Park game. Trackmania was pretty cool. The Trials Fusion expansion trailer made me laugh. Other than that I wasn't feeling it.

EGM1966

Sony - 9 - very good - new IP, back from the dead IP, terrific showing for continuing IP. TLG, Horizon, U4 for me where the standouts of the entire show.

MS - 7.5 - the definition of solid and taking no risks. I'd rate it higher but the Halo 5 and Gears demos were really bland and weak. Halo I fear has lost me. It's gone from mysterious structures and unknown alien races to disappearing up its own convoluted EU ass. Why would I care about Blue Team? Why do I want to see what looks like human vs human infighting? It's like the new Star Trek films now that can't stay away from Earth and boring human orientated elements for more than 2 minutes. Gears I thought looked lovely (didn't mind it was dark) but it was very bland.

Nintendo - didn't watch

EA - bailed out after 5 min

Ubi - no interest to begin with

Arrage

Banned
Microsoft - Ok (6/10). Don't think that there was anything big aside X360 games on XBO. I was expecting big improvements to Xbox Live.

Sony - Good (7.5/10). Quite a lot of anticipated titles, but mainly single player focus. I know that SOE is separate, but I was looking forward to hearing SOMETHING from them. CoD showcase was really poor and hard to understand. TLG was poor: one level with repetitive gameplay and scripted events, no enemies/story/environments shown. I have a bad feeling about it, 10 years and that is all they have to show. Dislike this console debut, exclusive beta, special content shit that they keep advertising.

PC Gaming Show - Below Average (4/10). Looked like some kind of hardware sales show rather than gaming convention. The presenter was fake-excited for everything which I disliked. Lackluster titles showcase, even if there was some reveals. Many guests had no or very little content to show: Total Warhammer, BlueStreak, Deus Ex, Arma III, Star Citizen, Valkyrie. Expansion 6 weeks after launch for HotS was unexpected and strange.

Bethesda/EA/Ubi/SE/Nintendo didn't watch ;)

Re-watching some trailers and recaps of shows I didn't watch. Doesn't look like Nintendo knows what is happening with games industry in the west.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Well what you said doesn't make sense

I saw Halo 5, Forza, ROTTR, Fable, Rare Replay and Gears remaster coming this year from MS. Sony had a remaster of Uncharted and that was about it.

FF7 was at least a year too early, TLG looked like PS3 game with little done since the last time I saw it. Even Shenmue was kickstarter and it is also at least a year to early.

We are all allowed to have different opinions, its a message board.

Bluenoser

Here are my meaningless ratings:

Bethesda - 90/100 - Fallout demo was amazing, and Howard showed much more than he had to. Pip-Boy CE announcement, free mobile game, and release date made him God tier.

Microsoft - 80/100 - Pretty damn good conference IMO. Showed lots of games, many exclusive, and some big moments like the BC announcement and the "we fooled you again, can't believe you fell for it" on stage demo for HoloLens. It was cool, staged as staged gets, and hokey as hell.

EA - 75/100 Kind of a snoozefest for the most part. Me not interested in sports games or NFS. Only highlights were Battlefront and ME: Andromeda.

Ubisoft - 85/100 Not a bad show actually. I like that they have Aisha Tyler "MC-ing" as she can talk to crowds, and has a sense of humor. The games were good, although none really interest me except AC: Syndicate and maybe the new Ghost Recon.

Sony - 95/100 Can't score them perfect, although keeping that FFVII announcement under wraps was impressive. Sure it leaked, but no one believed it. Shenmue and TLG felt like icing and sprinkles on the cake. Poor Devolver Digital following the FFVII announcement. Doubt anyone heard what Boyes was saying. UC4 looked great, and I'll give them a pass on the technical probs. Horizon may have been game of the show for me. To have gameplay footage of a new IP the first time it's ever shown is beyond impressive. Will be hard to beat this show for anyone ever.

Nintendo - 30/100 Can't say enough bad things. I want WiiU support, don't give a shit about 3DS. They didn't deliver, and insulted their customers. There's no defending this. Shame on them.

S-E - 85/100 Points lost for the horrible speakers, and overall presentation. Guess they are a bit rusty. When they go back and watch it, they will probably see how poorly they did in their delivery, but they brought the games. Would have liked to see a release date for XV, as well as some new gameplay footage. Also FFXII HD but I'm just being greedy now, after KH3 and VII.

Didn't watch the PC show.

mj1108

Sony: A+++++++ It will be remembered as one of, if not the best conferences.

Microsoft: C Not the best, but not the worst.

Nintendo: D- The puppets only kept it from being a complete F.

I have all the consoles(PS4/Xbone/Wii U) but primarily play on PC. Just so you know where my head is at.

Microsoft: A.

- They showed games that you will be able to play this year and they announced backwards compatibility. The fact that there are high profile releases playable this year mean more to me than what Sony announced as maybe released next year. Especially given that it sounds like they just started production of FFVII, and we won't see much for a very very long time if Squeenix track record is anything to go by.

Sony: B+

- they announced FFVII and Shenmue, but both of those games will release on PC and will absolutely play better than either console so that announcement doesn't really hold a lot of weight compared to its competition. I can play 4/5 of all the games shown on Sony's stage on my PC at better frame rates and resolution. Horizon/Dreams/TLG/Uncharted 4 all look amazing and am excited to play them, but they won't be out this year so my excitement(other than the fact they exist) has been tapered a bit. Overall they have big things on the horizon, but I'll wait till we get there to start the train up.

Nintendo: D+

They had the best show last year and easily the worst(even compared to the terrible Squeenix show) this year. You can feel as if they've given up on Wii U. 3DS just isn't something I'm excited for(I haven't turned mine on since that last Zelda came out for it). Nothing really stand out aside from Mario Maker I guess. Very dissapointing showing from Nintendo.

Bethesda: B

-They did a great job of showing Fallout, I look forward to seeing how they improve each show year after year. Dishonored 2 was a nice surprise. I just really dig Bethesda games generally so am happy to have a release date for FO4.

Squeenix: C

I'm actually very excited for a bunch of SE games, just Cause 3, Deus Ex and Mad Max. But most of the show focused on cutesy/pop crap that I generally don't like very much. I'm probably outta touch with the intended audience, but to me E3 is very much a world show, but it primarily focuses on the North American/UK audience and I found it weird to focus so much time on games that don't appeal to the audience. But to be fair, I did tune into to THEIR show so who am I?

Percy

Banned
I saw Halo 5, Forza, ROTTR, Fable, Rare Replay and Gears remaster coming this year from MS. Sony had a remaster of Uncharted and that was about it.

FF7 was at least a year too early, TLG looked like PS3 game with little done since the last time I saw it. Even Shenmue was kickstarter and it is also at least a year to early.

We are all allowed to have different opinions, its a message board.

You are wrong.

Bethesda- 8
Solid. they don't have many games, but pacing, titles, speakers were really good. I like Doom, Fallout4 is incredible and I want see more of Dishonored 2.
Also, I love Todd Howard.

Sony - 11
Their conference shined with the light of three supernovas. We saw The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Shenmue III in. the. same. show. HOLY SHIT.
E3 should provide emotions and fuck me I almost cried of excitement and I felt the urge to call my buddy "HAVE YOU SEEN IT????? DAMNNNNN".
It's for moments like this that I love gaming. This feelings, that excitement on all over the net was palpable.
Also, good pacing and content. Horizon and Uncharted 4 were crazy too.
Third party deals are important, they secured marketing and dlc for hitman, ac, cod, battlefront, batman.

Microsoft - 6
the conference shined like Gears 4 reveal. Can't see nothing lol
Just joking. It was not bad, decent, but boring the most of the time.
I already love Sea of Thieves, Cuphead and Beyond Eyes, but I think that their other video sequences were poorly chosen. Halo, gears, forza, fable, tomb raider seemed so generic and unattractive.

PC - 6
Killer Istinct was unexpected for me.

Ubisoft - 7
Discrete, good pacing and speech. Ghost Recon and For Honor are interesting, but I don't trust them for the visual fidelity showed. We'll see.

Square - 8
RPGS! FFVII, Star Ocean, KH3 is incredible, new RPG studio, NieR!
And also Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman!
What a Line up!

EA - 4
Booooring. At the sports part almost made me fall asleep. Unravel was fantastic.

Nintendo - 1
Just bad. I love Fatal Frame (not present) and Xenoblade X (wow!), but that's all for the entire Nintendo family catalogue (first and third party, WiiU and 3DS) at E3 2015.
Also a prerecorded event doesn't give me emotions. I love the crowd, the speech, the atmosphere.
You just can't judge pacing or feel the crowd reaction, assist at very genuine persons speech like the Unravel guy or the speech from veterans like Todd Howard.
You can't see yu Suzuki stir up the crowd, or Fumito Ueda stand up waving. You can't have the same tension with the "one last thing moment", you can't see the games played live with the funny incidents that may occour (battlefield 4 at microsoft in 2013, or Uncharted 4 at ps experience).
It's just shit for an E3.

Top Bottom