• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Sony] Death Stranding - E3 2018 4K Trailer | PS4

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Kinda agree with this one. The trailer felt pretentious, in a David Cage manner. So many close ups on faces trying to show off "emotions" and graphics tech. The whole trailer is weird, which isn't a bad thing, but at the same time it takes itself way too seriously.

Do you hate great movies? Do you hate interesting entertainment?

Dude tries way too hard with the wackiness and forgets to make a good game first and foremost. The original MGS is his only real good game. After that it was goofball story time and clunky outdated game mechanics.

I don’t have faith that he will have taken his head out of his own arse for this new game. All signs are pointing to not so far.

If you think MGS 1 was his only good game thing you need to never look at another Kojima trailer or game for the rest of your life. That opinion is objectively false.

Can someone explain why the whole of reddit was bumlicking Kojima for this? How is this impressive?

You just don't get it. And that's okay. Everything isn't for everybody.

BANGS

Banned
Do you hate great movies? Do you hate interesting entertainment?
Great movies don't have long drawn out scenes of people staring at each other crying and loudly whispering to each other and shit, that's more a shitty tv drama trope... Kojima could never make it as a movie director either...

Although I have to agree Kojima has more great games under his belt besides MGS... Not alot but a handful...

MayauMiao

Kinda agree with this one. The trailer felt pretentious, in a David Cage manner. So many close ups on faces trying to show off "emotions" and graphics tech. The whole trailer is weird, which isn't a bad thing, but at the same time it takes itself way too seriously.

ospzVfM.gif

mckmas8808

Great movies don't have long drawn out scenes of people staring at each other crying and loudly whispering to each other and shit, that's more a shitty tv drama trope... Kojima could never make it as a movie director either...

Although I have to agree Kojima has more great games under his belt besides MGS... Not alot but a handful...

Ummm....yeah great movies to have people doing that amidst long drawn out scenes. It's literally what great movies do actually.

BANGS

Banned
Ummm....yeah great movies to have people doing that amidst long drawn out scenes. It's literally what great movies do actually.
I mean taste is subjective, but for me it's usually awful films and tv shows that pull that crap. They can't find a good way to write in proper emotion and metaphors to express it so they just focus on the face for awhile...

mckmas8808

I'm trying to better understand something that interests you and you respond with telling me I just don't get? How does that make any sense?

Well when you wrote "bumlicking" I didn't think you were being serious. Check out these videos and listen to how they explain the trailers to see why it's interesting.

and

All of this is so interesting. If you only want games for great gameplay (say Zelda or Fortnite) that's fine too. But this game is trying to pull at different parts of the brain to get you into it.

Raynes

Well when you wrote "bumlicking" I didn't think you were being serious. Check out these videos and listen to how they explain the trailers to see why it's interesting.

and

How does this answer my question?

1. I say I don't understand how reddit crazy about how Kojima made a reference to a song through a design
2. You tell me I don't get it, which I already admitted
3. I tell you that doesn't make sense
4. You go on to link me to analysis videos and assume that if I'm not interested in Death Stranding, I only want to play games for gameplay

Kagero

Seeing too many people down on this game. Dropping in to shed some positivity and say I'm so hyped for this game! Everything about it is so intriguing. Plus the damn thing looks mind blowing! So much artistry and mood. Fucking can't wait!

Graphics look very good, the environments in particular look superb. People now a days have too short attention spans and expect everything to be fully revealed and spoon fed in the first 3 minutes.

Kojima has made excellent game after excellent game, and I have no doubt this one will be great too.

thelastword

Banned
Graphics look very good, the environments in particular look superb. People now a days have too short attention spans and expect everything to be fully revealed and spoon fed in the first 3 minutes.

Kojima has made excellent game after excellent game, and I have no doubt this one will be great too.
Yeah, this game looks amazing, the weather systems, the vegetation, the character models and no doubt the gameplay will be great too based on Kojima's prior efforts and great line of classic games. I mean some posters are posting hype about Dead Labs, Compulsion games et al... and yet, they have doubts about Kojima? Ha ha...

Funny enough, it's true, what exactly do people want to see so early on, every plot detail, every gameplay concept?

joe_zazen

Game looks risky, different , and ambitious. Even if it ends up a flaming turd, supporting risk taking artists is never a bad thing. #teamkoji

Dumpnig on these people and these works, including Cage, like why do that? If it doesnt interest you, move on. I mean what do you get out of trashing things? Is the point to drive people out of,the industry if they arent doing what you want?

Me, I want a AAA combat-free metaphysical delivery game with the bionic woman and Darryl.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Sam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the stranded remnants of the future in his hands, Sam embarks on a journey to reunite the shattered world one step at a time. What is the mystery of the Death Stranding? What will Sam discover on the road ahead? A genre defining gameplay experience holds these answers and more.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/death-stranding-ps4/

BANGS

Banned
Dumpnig on these people and these works, including Cage, like why do that? If it doesnt interest you, move on.
People are allowed to criticize. Let people comment on what they want, why dump on them? If their comment doesn't interest you, move on...

Breakage

Sam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the stranded remnants of the future in his hands, Sam embarks on a journey to reunite the shattered world one step at a time. What is the mystery of the Death Stranding? What will Sam discover on the road ahead? A genre defining gameplay experience holds these answers and more.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/death-stranding-ps4/
So it seems Sony has given us an insight into the story before Kojima? That's strange.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
People should learn the difference between 'I dont get it' and 'it's trash'.
A lot of us dont get it, and that's part of what makes this special, but even if we are 'allowed', we dont know enough to affirm that 'it's trash.

BANGS

Banned
A lot of us dont get it, and that's part of what makes this special, but even if we are 'allowed', we dont know enough to affirm that 'it's trash.
We certainly can't know but considering it's Kojima we can safely assume...

Geki-D

Banned
I think it's a bit like sour grapes:
you can't reach them, they must be rotten anyway.
You don't understand DS, well it'll probably suck anyway.

DonF

This is by far my most anticipated game ever. I've played every kojima game since MGS1, except for boktai, and the dude doesn't disappoint. Is wacky and zany, and I love it. I just can't wait for what he pulls off in his first venture, unshackled of konami's crap. If its shit, great! It its awesome, even better!

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
After watching the TheTombPortable theory of Death Stranding being Metal Gear Zero, I have a necessity to play all the previous Metal Gears.

Sadly, I recently sold the PS4 Pro to fund an Xbox One X :rolleyes:

TheBoss1

So is Digital Foundry buying exclusive footage of games now? I'm asking because they are the only ones with high quality footage of Death Stranding. Unless I missed it, Gamersyde doesn't have it. Considering they had access to MGSV material, I find it strange.

Atra Mors

Neo Member
I'm intrigued but I really want to see more to get a better sense of what it is all about and how it will actually play.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamingbolt.com/death-strand...-on-both-the-ps4-and-ps5-says-michael-pachter

“It’s hard to know with Sony,” Pachter said while speaking with GamingBolt. “Their [E3 2018] showcase was really hard to figure out, and they didn’t talk at all. My bias is that they [the PS5] will also launch in 2020, so no reason to announce any current generation exclusives other than the ones announced so far. Death Stranding will likely be a cross-generation title.”

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Easily my favourite trailer at E3. Because mystery and genuine surprise is the rarest thing in gaming these days. All the technical and artistic flash in the world doesn't mean much to me if its just being used to shine up the same-old, same-old.

Which isn't to say that I expect Death Stranding to be some staggering break from everything that's come before, just that the deliberately opaque way its being promoted allows for the possibility that it could be something a bit new and different.

Top Bottom