• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-SquEn] Square Enix Conference (Complete: vote now)

How would you rate their conference? (0-5)

Votes: 9 7.4%

Votes: 19 15.6%

Votes: 26 21.3%

Votes: 16 13.1%

Votes: 7 5.7%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Who do I see about a refund for the last 30 minutes of my life?

Votes: 44 36.1%

• Total voters

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The problem is that I was bored in this conference and kept hoping for something new and exciting games but all of the games you mentioned we've seen several trailers for already. There was just no reason for this conference for me. At least with the EA conference they had unraveled 2 and sea of solitude to move me in the conference.
Then agree to disagree. To me that DQXI trailer was more exciting than all games EA showed combined and I know that mostly because my personal taste in games.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So I didn't watch this conference because I expected to be disappointed.

Knowing full well what the answer is I'll ask anyway:

Did they say anything about the Deus Ex franchise?

NahaNago

Then agree to disagree. To me that DQXI trailer was more exciting than all games EA showed combined and I know that mostly because my personal taste in games.

I'm excited for the game but the trailer didn't do anything for me. Kinda weird since I'm really looking forward to the game.

So I didn't watch this conference because I expected to be disappointed.

Knowing full well what the answer is I'll ask anyway:

Did they say anything about the Deus Ex franchise?

no? or at least I didn't hear anything about it.

Last edited:

God Enel

FF7 will clearly be shown on sony stage. so they showed like nothing.

Babylon's Fall could be interesting. Developed by Platinum. Though obviously more has to be shown.

WaterAstro

I think Babylon's Fall and The Quiet Man was worth a short "press conference" direct. I think the mistake was just calling it a conference.

Mr Hyde

Babylon´s Fall looked very interesting, concept wise at least. Couldn´t find any information about who the director is, but it doesn´t seem like Yoko Taro is attached to it. Kamiya is off making Bayonetta 3, but maybe he is doing this back-to-back?

WaterAstro

That 30 seconds of cg could be for anything and the guy barely did anything. At most you could say the characters did a bayonetta hair like attack.
I'm just saying it's better than Starfield and ES6's announcement, which is like a generic pan out of an environment and a logo.

Lol. Absolute Zero Cold. I thought he left Twitter?

Anyway... I bet FFVII:R is going to show up on Sony's stage. It's about 5 hours or so from now, but damned, I'm almost salivating to see the newest exclusives in the pipeline with gameplay demonstrations

NahaNago

I'm just saying it's better than Starfield and ES6's announcement, which is like a generic pan out of an environment and a logo.

I really liked Starfield but ES6's announcement was not as good. It is definitely better but I know it is weird but for some odd reason I struggle to decide which do I like more starfield or Babylon's fall. The music , visuals, and sound effects were pretty much perfect for starfield and captured my attention but that 5 seconds of the guy cutting the other guy in two was great in Babylon's fall but the music , weird drawing sounds, and general visuals were much weaker.

Last edited:

kischine

I just knew it that Squenix was going to disappoint, the only thing that I didn't understand was WHY did they tell us to watch till the end if they showed us a trailer that we had already seen, like WHY SQUARE?? If they switched and showed Babylon's Fall in the end would be way better, it doens't make any sense, you could have done that in the last minute.

There was no reason for this conference to exist.

Last edited:

Fbh

So any chance we will see something from the Marvel games they are making during the Sony conference?

I score them a 4/5.

It was short, but I liked thier format. I mean it Microsoft could only games they were developing or publishing at thier conference it would have been as short. So I am not going to score them poorly just for being short.

At least they didn't try to pad out thier time with lots of chatting like EA & Bethesda (have not seen Ubi yet)

I’m going to get Dragon Quest XI, because I love RPGs and DQ8. Still, something seems very off putting about XI graphics in every trailer I’ve seen. The characters look especially bland. Seems like such a contrast from other DQs, especially 8 where the characters were vibrant and well designed. Any buddy else kinda turned off by XIs graphics?

GenericUser

I have not yet built up enough GAF cool points to post threads appearantly. The forum only allows me to reply in threads, not create them. So im in a position where i can only wonder.
Yeah, thats like another thing they should get rid off. This pseudo-elitist neo-member and "real" member status. Just let people sign up an be a member, what's the deal?

Top Bottom