• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-SquEn] Square Enix Conference (Complete: vote now)

How would you rate their conference? (0-5)

Votes: 9 7.4%

Votes: 19 15.6%

Votes: 26 21.3%

Votes: 16 13.1%

Votes: 7 5.7%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Who do I see about a refund for the last 30 minutes of my life?

Votes: 44 36.1%

• Total voters

CuNi

Hoped for more, maybe not many more announcements, but more of already announced games...
Barely showed anything more for KH3 then on MS con already... what a shame.

tkscz

Umm... well that certainly happened. I mean, it was pretty much just a showcase of games that were already announced. It wasn't bad, just not that interesting.

GenericUser

yah square, just save the money for a press conference next time and spend it on development. Did they even announce anything new?

edit: this is a solid A for awfully wrong

Last edited:

Zannegan

Wow, why even have a show if you had, what, two new games to show, and repeats of the trailers you showed at the XBox showcase? That was lame.

Alebrije

It seems Sony conference will show some “key” games we did not on this showcase. Lara looks scary.

Last edited:
Maybe they're saving it for Sony conference?

Yea theres always hope for that. Atleast we got a new Dragons Quest game, Kingdom Hearts looks great but everyone knew the release date going into this. I expected just abit more, like one more killer announcement. Sigh.

RPGCrazied

Rating it a D-. It only got that because of KH 3 and DQ 11, I'm aware those were already announced but hyped as fuck for those. If not for those it would have got an F.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I can't believe this was the worst conference so far for me but I haven't watched devolver. I really thought this would be the best or at least second best conference but now Microsoft is the best conference so far. The world has gone mad.

Griffon

Except the announcement for Babylon Fall by Platinum Games, they had nothing.

Why even bother having a conference.

Newk86

New stuff:

Babylon's Fall
Just Cause 4 (was already leaked)
The Quiet Man
Some kind of FFIV x Monster Hunter DLC/expansion thing

Plus some release dates for a few already announced games. I put the Bethesda conference above it, bit at least this one was very direct (perhaps too much even). Time for bed.

odhiex

That was very brief, shows a bunch but nothing really worth getting up midnight from my place.

Where tf is the Avengers project? At least give us a teaser. Maybe they want to save it at Sony's ?

OH-MyCar

I'm always happy to see DQXI get love, and it's a day one for me, but DQXI isn't much of a secret any more. You could watch an entire playthrough on Youtube if you wanted.

I'm going to give that a C. The actual games look great, but that was a snoozefest for reveals.

drotahorror

The cutscene at the beginning of the Tomb Raider part was hilarious. The gameplay shown was expected. Just nothing new here, I still want to play it but it's not really a day 1 for me anymore. The Quiet Man is a horrible game name and quite funny. Lots of stuff that I don't care about to be honest. Final Fantasy XIV, Kingdom Hearts, Dragonquest meh. JC4 looked cool and the tornado really makes me want to play it. The CG trailer of the new IP that I can't remember could be interesting.

All in all, I give it a 1. It was really bad and boring.

Last edited:
Most disappointing conference so-far, they shouldn't even have bothered since most announcement were already made at the Xbox one.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I can't believe this was the worst conference so far for me but I haven't watched devolver. I really thought this would be the best or at least second best conference but now Microsoft is the best conference so far. The world has gone mad.
No, EA still had much more worst conference. SE still bunch of games I want to buy and 2 new game that they had proper trailer which I cant say the same about how EA decide to reveal the new Star Wars game.

Isa

I thought it was ok. Not thrilling, but nice. Babylon's Fall looked cool, I need DQXI in my life, and a few other titles I'll be getting like Octopath Traveller, SotTR, and Just Cause 4. The Quiet Man seemed interesting. The Nier bit got me pumped until the narrator mentioned "masterpiece" and then I knew it was the port to Xbox. Ah well.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Completely pointless waste of time it was. I mean, pretty much the majority of stuff was already shown before so what's the point in showing 2-3 new games and call it a day? Where's Marvel stuff? I don't know, it's just how a feel about this. For sure the second worst conference (if you can even call it that) of this year's E3.

NHIpVOW.gif

P.S. Really cannot wait to play DQ11 though and ROTTR (even though it's more of the same).

Last edited:

Pejo

So wait, is Quiet Man the spiritual successor to Godhand? That's totally the vibe I just got watching the trailer.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pretty disappointing "conference" but at least they had some games.

Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest XI are my two most anticipated games of this year, and we got a few glimpses of both - although not nearly enough of Octopath. Tomb Raider looked about like I would expect. Just Cause 4 looks fun.

I guess my biggest complaint would be that they only showed a few reveals of previously unannounced games, and it was nothing I was personally interested in.

Aggelos

Guys, Easy Allies hit home back in E3 2015 when they remarked the following after the FF7Remake teaser trailer had rolled out -->
-"The Remake won't be out like in 5 years"
-"Start waiting..."

We're in 2018, and the waiting still continues... Hold on to your butts.....

Last edited:

NahaNago

No, EA still had much more worst conference. SE still bunch of games I want to buy and 2 new game that they had proper trailer which I cant say the same about how EA decide to reveal the new Star Wars game.

I still kinda feel like EA's conference was better than this one even though I don't think I will buy a single game from EA. I think Microsoft spoiled squareenix's conference for me.

Danjin44

I still kinda feel like EA's conference was better than this one even though I don't think I will buy a single game from EA. I think Microsoft spoiled squareenix's conference for me.
How!!? Not only I didn't care for most their games the showed but the conference itself was poorly done and god damn boring.

Last edited:

NahaNago

How!!? Not only I didn't care for most their games the showed but the conference itself was poorly done and god damn boring.

There was barely anything new in this conference and the new stuff they had trailers for were absolutely terrible. the red and blue guy trailer like did nothing for me as well as the deaf guy all of a sudden fighting. The best thing in the squareenix conference was the monster hunter and ff14 crossover.

Danjin44

There was barely anything new in this conference and the new stuff they had trailers for were absolutely terrible. the red and blue guy trailer like did nothing for me as well as the deaf guy all of a sudden fighting. The best thing in the squareenix conference was the monster hunter and ff14 crossover.
I take that over the way EA announced new Star Wars. I was still happy to some stuff from DQXI, Octopath Traveler and KHII but EA had nothing that made me excited.

Last edited:

synce

Worse than EA's thing. At least I could laugh about how bad that one was. This was just bad and not even in a funny way.

Fbh

Well that was...... a thing.
The art style of Babylon Fall looked cool and since it's Platinum there's a good chance it will be good. But other than that it felt pretty pointless.

And even though I found both previous Tomb Raider games decently enjoyable (on sale for $30 or less) this one is doing nothing for me. At this point I couldn't care less for the story or this version of Lara, and that gameplay looked boring and by the numbers. When you are introducing the third and supposedly final part of your franchise and all you have to show is an uninspired stealth section it doesn't inspire confidence for the rest of the game.

Dragon quest looks nice. I guess the trailers just seem less exciting since it's already out in Japan, you can see so much of it right now that the trailer doesn't seem relevant

NahaNago

I take that over the way EA announced new Star Wars. I was still happy to some stuff from DQXI, Octopath Traveler and KHII but EA had nothing that made me excited.

The problem is that I was bored in this conference and kept hoping for something new and exciting games but all of the games you mentioned we've seen several trailers for already. There was just no reason for this conference for me. At least with the EA conference they had unraveled 2 and sea of solitude to move me in the conference.

Top Bottom