• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E32018 - Konami Willing to Make More Remasters

MDSLKTR

If they want to gather goodwill then sure, it's a good start. I still think they should their ip's THQ style

Osukaa

Suikoden Collection please. Or better yet, give us part six and a remake of the first two.

tenor.gif

Yes this x 100.
If they had a special collectors edition ...my god I would be all over it.

Suikoden Collection please. Or better yet, give us part six and a remake of the first two.

They actually already gave us a part 6 AND a part 7 in Japan. Nobody liked them. The series had a good run but it's dead.

As for the topic, who cares...I don't need remakes of games I already own. Konami's just going for cheap cash grabs because folks love remakes.

Last edited:

Chabbles

Silent hill remasters done right. Forget about a trilogy, just take on one entry at a time and not a quick cash grab.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
They actually already gave us a part 6 AND a part 7 in Japan. Nobody liked them. The series had a good run but it's dead.

Can´t find any information about that. The main series hasn´t seen a new installment since the fifth one. Care to provide links to these supposed 6 & 7 parts of Suikoden?

FStubbs

Can´t find any information about that. The main series hasn´t seen a new installment since the fifth one. Care to provide links to these supposed 6 & 7 parts of Suikoden?

I think the poster is referring to Suikoden Tierkreis (which did come out in English on the DS but was forgettable) and whatever the game was on PSP or Vita that never left Japan. Both are alternate universe spinoffs.

'we'll make a remaster if you guys first make a loud enough shit about it that we basically feel guaranteed we can charge full price and make a profit' ;p

probably why we'll never get a suikoden remaster ;\

that said, I'd probably take MGS 3 (or better yet a Big Boss remake of MGS3-PO-PW-GZ-TPP in one package) or a Suikoden 1-5 remake collection (or hell just a retro remaster-light collection) or even something with multiple classics like Contra Hard Corps (Genesis) and Castlevania SOTN (PS1) on a nice, slightly remastered PS4 collection package over a new game -- if MG Survive is any indication -- any day of the week

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Can I really trust them to do proper remaster after what they done with SH remaster on PS3?

Last edited:
If they can't remaster Silent Hill 2-3 then at least just port the shit to PC already so I can play it. I'd be fine with 60fps and widescreen, outside of that just leave the game alone.

Those were already ported to PC during their original release. The problem being that copies for them aren't cheap and the ports themselves are decent, but nothing competent.

ExpandKong

Banned
No lies, if they can do it justice this time (fixing the fog/lighting/sound issues), then I would be willing to pay 100+ dollars for the first 4 games. I still think they are fantastic, including the often hated 4. Hell, Downpour was even good. The only two of the franchise I didn't like were homecoming and origins.

Samesies. A shame Vatra didn’t get to take another whack at it, I liked some of the stuff they did with Downpour.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Samesies. A shame Vatra didn’t get to take another whack at it, I liked some of the stuff they did with Downpour.

Honestly, I think the game would have been rated quite highly if it didn't launch in its poor buggy state. A few months post launch and it runs quite well and is a pretty good Silent Hill game. 7.5/10 I would say compared to 1-4's 8.5-10s.

-Xenokai-

Neo Member
"Looks at Silent Hill HD collection" - Ugh if you do it, do it right please. Also Konami wanted to go all in on awful mobil games, when they had massive hits like PT cooking. There setting on a gold mine with Silent Hill. They could do a full on remake of Silent Hill and it could be amazing. Im still baffled by there awful decisions.

Last edited:

Zannegan

Honestly, I'm struggling to see what's holding them back from launching three Castlevania collections:
1. Classicvanias
2. Igavanias
3. Lords of Shadow-vanias HD
Personally, I'd only be interested in collection #2, but the Classics clearly have fans and Lords of Shadow sold a ton (with a huge marketing budget, but whatevs). It's basically free money for them, unlike Metal Gear: Survive, which is technically an all-new game. They could spend less and make more, unless people are just desperately shelling out for a second save file.

Alternatively, dump all the Igavanias on Steam. I'm dying here.

EDMIX

wonder how a remaster would do the Psycho Mantis fight today.
Well they did state "Metal Gear 1" not Metal Gear Solid 1, but agreed nonetheless.

Would love a Metal Gear 1 remake in the FOX engine by Blue Point games. Day 1 for me. If they do that with Metal Gear 1 and 2, they'll have my money. They outsource the story to Kojima and Fukushima and they'll have my money day 1 preorder no problem.

Even though people don't like S4, I'll take all six (including Tactics as a sequel to S4) in a nice shiny Blu-Ray.

With S2 getting a new translation and fixing the bugs.

I, too, would also like proper Silent Hill remasters. The first four anyway.

And a Silent Scope collection.

And a proper Policenauts localisation.

Last edited:

Andyliini

I just want a collection of Castlevania games. Given to right developer, it could be a great one. I just don't know who usually does Konami's emulation jobs.

thequestion

I lack faith with this announcement. Konami is a far cry from the company they once were. Nintendo or Sony should purchase a couple of their franchises imo.

Top Bottom