• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is planning ‘weeks’ of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor patches to fix bugs and performance issues

Barakov

Gold Member

OxNI6rk.gif

"Weeks of patches". How hot is this thing coming in?

Neff

People must stop preordering and buying on the day one.

I never have any problems with preordering because I only preorder from developers and teams with proven track records. However, this is my second Respawn game, and in fairness I knew what I was potentially getting after playing Fallen Order at launch.

It's rough, yes, but it's still a looker and it's perfectly playable and enjoyable. It's just not all it could be right now.

GymWolf

Boy, after wild hearts, EA is really trying their best to piss of pc gamers uh?

Did they ever fixed that one?

sertopico

I never have any problems with preordering because I only preorder from developers and teams with proven track records. However, this is my second Respawn game, and in fairness I knew what I was potentially getting after playing Fallen Order at launch.

It's rough, yes, but it's still a looker and it's perfectly playable and enjoyable. It's just not all it could be right now.
Well, that is the point. Releasing half baked games and getting away with it. Regarding the perfectly playable part it depends on what your expectations are. Seeing a heavily underutilized 4090 doing barely 60 fps at 4k it's not exactly the perfect scenario to me.

Arun1910

Good thing these pricks managed to get Denuvo and their toggle for pussies afraid of spiders working. Fuck all the gamebreaking performance issues, that shite has got priority.
Not to be that guy but as a Dev, removing things like spiders is a lot easier that fixing things 😂

But on performance issues, it is a joke that games release in this state these days. There's no reason to really be hyped for release days anymore, it's just a waiting game for the right number of patches.

RAIDEN1

I'll wait till the end of June (my birthday) then consider picking this up...:messenger_grinning_squinting: by that time patches should have been done and dusted

mcjmetroid

Does this strategy work like?

Like by the time they have it fixed who even knows? Unless you follow very specific youtube patch videos nobody knows if the performance has improved. The damage has surely already been done?

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Does this strategy work like?

Like by the time they have it fixed who even knows? Unless you follow very specific youtube patch videos nobody knows if the performance has improved. The damage has surely already been done?
The first game had crashes and performance issues up the ass too when it was released.

People forget in time. Respawn knows this and is playing us.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
That's not what it was to my understanding... and I found something to back up what I am saying.

Nah, the other poster was correct. It had nothing to do with game quality. It just meant the game was an officially licensed Nintendo cartridge that would work with your hardware. Literally every Nintendo release had it, whether it was good or crap.

20071228_n64superman64-jpg.jpeg

Although I’d agree that we didn’t go through this bullshit back then either. You might get a shitty game, but at least it functioned as it should.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
AMD released a new Adrenalin driver with support for Jedi Survivor today. As I saw with TLoU that only goes so far. It’s on the developer to fix their game.

I really don’t know why anyone wants to buy games day one. I always wait until they’re cheaper, which also bypasses the bullshit like this.
I got to experience TLoU mess because I got it free. Who wants to pay top dollar for this? Yay Preloading so you can be first to experience the disaster? FOMO for what?

Like I get it if it’s a first party Nintendo game. Everything else though is a waste of money. I’d rather take that $70 and buy 2-3 good older games I’ve been wanting to play over one new release train wreck.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Releasing broken game is one thing, but reviewing mofos, not talking about this and throwing 9s and 10s is REALLY the real fucking issue.

Looks like shit on XSX, I also have free copy on PC and it runs horrible on fucking 4090

Amazin'

thatJohann

I don’t get how HDR is fine for some and broken for others. Wonder if it’s based on your tv.

Anyone with an LG C1 OLED that can check if HDR is broken for this tv?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
EA can just FUCK OFF!

PC platform more and more becoming an absolute shit experience when it comes to PC ports and it won't be getting better, more like even worse. I can't even imagine how much of a disaster FFXVI will be when it'll finally be released on PC.

Last edited:
I don’t get how HDR is fine for some and broken for others. Wonder if it’s based on your tv.

Anyone with an LG C1 OLED that can check if HDR is broken for this tv?

It's always a matter of some people just being ignorant and blind to the issue but still needing to open their big mouths. This type of behavior is seen anytime some aspect of performance is broken.

Rush2112

Banned
already moved on to other games. already beat fallen order and survivor looks exactly like that but with bad performance. and for 70 dollars? I dont think so, buddy.

Last edited:

NekoFever

I’m playing the PS5 version, which from what I gather is the least broken one at the moment, and it still runs like shit there. No problems with HDR on mine but the performance mode is nowhere close to a consistent 60.

And it’s not like it looks anything to write home about. It’s the PS4 game with bigger environments.

Makes you wonder just how bad it was before that last minute delay.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Star wars jedi fallen order if you don't already know wasn't a misfire, stat nerds are all over the place these days about performance games have value like story, fun, graphics etc. todays games now have day 1 patches, developers give them great support and that's incredible.

Ansphn

Definitely waiting to see how a few patches help. This upsets me because i really loved the original and i platinumed it on PS4.

It seems to me that the review scores didn't dock any points at all for all these technical issues, where they definitely should have. Seeing as this game is also next gen only, there really is no excuse for this.
Just play it. It's not as bad as people say after the Day 1 patch. It feels just like the first game but honestly a little easier so far for me.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
as repeatedly shown, consumers mostly have impulse control of a 2y.o. and keep buying even pre-ordering these turds.

i see the situation is hopeless honestly.
maybe if reviewers start ducking a good chunk for these issues, stuff might change.
user review bombing is the only tool in the meantime it seems.
What could help would be game review sites that withheld the deep hands on and full reviews till after the game went live and bought it themselves. If these sites became popular enough, the publishers would lose more and more levers as they cannot threaten access loss and have less ways to drive preorders with.

Methos#1975

Really it's only performance mode that needs to be fixed. Quality mode in the game is surprisingly awesome and is a much better and smoother experience than the quality modes I've seen in pretty much every other game so far.

GymWolf

From what i'm reading everywhere, this is hardly a pc version problem only, the game runs like shot and has multiple probòems on console too (tearing, hard crashes, borked hdr, unstable framerate, shitty iq in perf mode etc.)

Kenpachii

reviewers probably get promises that performance will be ironed out on release so ignore that.

I bet most games are janky as shit in reviewer code solution.

I'm not sure if this EA's fault. TO me this looks like the game director, or someone high up in Respawn lied to EA that the bugs and performance issues are minimal. There's a video on youtube from IGN, (I actually found the time stamp of it from a month ago from REE)

The director basically says: Yeah EA asked if we need even more time, and I went naaah it'll be fine.
Usually I would say, yeah EA told them to say that, but the game is coming out after Q1 and not even near the end of Q2, which is around June. So this is not even the fact of EA forcing them to release it cause of an earnings call. Somebody's getting fired for this one, but also Respawn keeps making retarded decisions like this - remember when it turned out Titanfall 2's release date was done by Respawn and not EA.
Yes EA is evil, but they been pushing out some bangers these days, and I have to wonder if Wild Hearts is a similar situation where Omega Force / Koei Tecmo just lied out of it's ass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom