• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sale on Xbox One - Includes Titanfall for $10, DA:I for $35

pachuco

Anybody know how the Battlefield community is on the Xbox One? I wanted to pick this up during the holiday sale but, alas, no money. I'm thinking of getting it, but don't want to waste my time if nobody plays on Xbox One.

So, Titanfall is almost done downloading. Is it pretty populated, or will finding games be a pain in the butt? I expect many hours of fun at $4.66!

Mufc1427

Anybody know how the Battlefield community is on the Xbox One? I wanted to pick this up during the holiday sale but, alas, no money. I'm thinking of getting it, but don't want to waste my time if nobody plays on Xbox One.
The community is pretty healthy. My brother plays every night and he doesn't any trouble finding matches and most of the time the matches are full.

gunner13

Neo Member
Any chance Respawn timed this to go against COD AW DLC release? I know they way I see it is I can get 4 maps (I don't play zombies) for $15. Or I can get Titanfall full game AND ALL DLC for $12.50. Seems like an easy choice for me.

MrBlonde

I thought I was done with Titanfall, but $12.50 for game and season pass? Fuck yeah, I'm going back in.

Right! I saw this deal and was shocked, I enjoyed Titanfall for a little while but didnt get into it like I thought i would. At this price considering I never bought any of the DLC I might have to pick it up and give it another chance.

Anyone that doesnt have PVZ pick it up, such a fun game.

Is Titanfall still active enough for it to be worth it? I played the game for awhile on PC & enjoyed it - but even in the few months I played, I could feel the game's fanbase whittling down to the handful of super-skilled players that just decimated me. I'm sure this sale will bring other new players to the fold, and all the extra content would be neat to see. But after ~30 hrs on PC, I'm not sure about plopping $12.50 down for the same game on a new system.

Lemstar

People buying Titanfall: switch to one of the the bumper jumper layouts.

And don't walk on ground level if you can avoid it.

How much of a massive piece of shit is the XBOne store that I have been on my system all day and visited the store several times in the last hour but only learned about this sale from a NeoGAF thread?

greenegt

Picked up BF4 premium edition. I traded it in a couple months ago and started missing it. Can't wait to jump back in with all of the DLC.

Bessy67

How much of a massive piece of shit is the XBOne store that I have been on my system all day and visited the store several times in the last hour but only learned about this sale from a NeoGAF thread?
The sales are usually listed in the GwG section. It's the bottom right tile on the home page.

The sales are usually listed in the GwG section. It's the bottom right tile on the home page.

There is no GwG tile on my home screen. There is the main large box, "Snap", "My games & apps", Destiny, Netflix, Halo, Achievements, and Halo. In fact, I cannot find a mention of GwG anywhere on my XBox. Yes, I have a Gold subscription.

Oh, I also have something about KillCameraman, GTA V, and Sunset Overdrive. I'm gonna do the thing that MS wants me to do and literally open every box on the system and see if that works.

sdornan

Sweet, I missed the last sale on Titanfall. It was the one Xbone game left on my "to buy" list after getting one this past Christmas.

Bessy67

There is no GwG tile on my home screen. There is the main large box, "Snap", "My games & apps", Destiny, Netflix, Halo, Achievements, and Halo. In fact, I cannot find a mention of GwG anywhere on my XBox. Yes, I have a Gold subscription.

Oh, I also have something about KillCameraman, GTA V, and Sunset Overdrive. I'm gonna do the thing that MS wants me to do and literally open every box on the system and see if that works.
image_41974_fit_940.jpg

It should be right on your home screen. The bottom one under "featured". In the picture it's the one labeled "free games and big discounts" but it might be labeled something different now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

The sale isn't actually really official until tomorrow. It's just that sales go up early on Xbox

eldudebro

Yeah, just downloaded the Deluxe Edition of Titanfall here in the UK for £10....

I played this game to death on the x360 and loved it, never bothered with the DLC as player numbers as expected turned out to be very low. Hope this isn't the case on the xb1.

Lemstar

I played this game to death on the x360 and loved it, never bothered with the DLC as player numbers as expected turned out to be very low. Hope this isn't the case on the xb1.

Player counts for the DLC-exclusive playlists are low because those maps are integrated into normal playlists intelligently - ownership of DLC won't segregate players in matchmaking, but if everyone in the lobby owns a DLC pack, the associated maps will show up. There's no reason to touch the DLC variety playlists outside of trying to boost the map-specific achievements.

Have TF on PC but tempted to pick it up on Bone since the PC version is basically dead.

Did they ever fix the awful screen tearing and weird frame drops?

Top Bottom