• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's Star Wars deal is 10 years long

Mulgrok

Disney is a soulless corporate conglomerate determined to dominate customers and extract maximum profit. EA is the same. Add them together and you get a singularity that consumes money without providing anything of worth...

I will roast marshmallows on the heat of EA's ashes.

Valnen

Didn't EA say at E3 that they wanted Battlefront on the three year cycle along with Battlefield and Titanfall? I thought I remember them saying to expect a sequel to those titles once every 3 years.

That sounds like a good thing to me, if they make proper Battlefront games.

Hey EA, eh.... can we get another SW: Dark Forces? Please? :(?

iirc they said they were looking at what fans wanted when they decided to make battlefront. I'm sure tie fighter/x wing & jedi knight are on the list. This is no guarantee they will be good games though :p.

1382207643269.gif

smr00

Banned
I will wait and see how battlefront is before hopping on the hate train.

If it ends up a buggy piece of shit like BF3/BF4 then i will probably still buy the yearly sequels because like BF i love the series.

I'll take 10 years of EA over the crap lucasarts has put out over recent years
The cesspool of broken shit EA has put out in recent years isn't that great either.

But what other company could of bought a 10 year license? Ubisoft? I would rather have zynga make mobile star wars rip off games. SE? No thanks.

The cesspool of broken shit EA has put out in recent years isn't that great either.

But what other company could of bought a 10 year license? Ubisoft? I would rather have zynga make mobile star wars rip off games. SE? No thanks.

Yeah, the choices are pretty limited. I agree EA is no model publisher, but I will still take their products over anything LA was producing

Damn, I wonder what the terms of that deal were.

What happens if the rebooted Star Wars movies bomb? People are lamenting about EA having this deal for 10 years . . . but EA could end up being the one screwed if Star Wars loses popularity.

They need to give these games enough time to incubate. There is no sense in rushing them out for a quick buck. If you have the license for 10 years, there is no excuse for not thinking long term.

Neiteio

Slightly off-topic, but what do we know about Episodes 7, 8 and 9 at this point? Abrams is directing, right? Do we know how long they take place after the original trilogy? Are they acknowledging the expanded universe of the novels, etc? Will any of the original actors be returning, and in what capacity? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

This is bullshit. EA should be given rights, sure, I actually think there's a lot of potential there with their studios. But exclusive rights as in no one else can make a Star Wars game other than their teams? Disney/LucasFilm/EA basically stifled the potential of the franchise for what? This deal was made between children.

Cess007

iirc they said they were looking at what fans wanted when they decided to make battlefront. I'm sure tie fighter/x wing & jedi knight are on the list. This is no guarantee they will be good games though :p.

Oh please. I can't tell you how many hours i put into the demo of Dark Forces on my English lab class until i can actually got the full version. I loved that game.

Fortunately, my N64 cartridges for Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron and Episode One Racer are still working.

Once in a while, i still put Rogue Squadron 2 and play the Battle of Endor mission. The music on that level still give me goosebumps.

-Deimos

On one hand we get 1313 and Battlefront, on the other, it's EA.

I don't care, I've waited so long for a new console Battlefront and I couldn't be more excited!

By console I mean PC. Get on it DICE.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Got to be better than anything we've received in the past ten years. I'm excited for Battlefront, just don't rush the damn thing like Battlefield.

I wouldn't mind seeing Critereon do a pod racing game either.

dr_rus

Yeah, I can't think of any FPS from EA that was a great single player experience since MOHAA.
There is a chance that they'll hire someone independent and actually competent at making good FPS games though.
But I won't hold my breath. We'll probably get a shitload of crappy 3rd person somethings and a multiplayer only Battlefronts for the next 10 years.

Top Bottom