• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eastbound & Down - Season 4 - Kenny Powers is back for 8 episodes - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrod

I like the evolution of Kenny. When they announced this season I was wondering what they hell they would do as Kenny has clearly played out the pro baseball player gig, but seeing him try to reclaim his fame by being a sports commentator or something of the sort makes sense since that is what a lot of pro athletes are doing these days. Next we could see Kenny on dancing with the stars or a celebrity weight loss show.

I think we already have most of the good gifs in the thread, but there's a couple more and some screen grabs in warming glow's recap.

Lw0RIIz.png

Stevies-credit-card.gif

Sorry for quoting myself but these gifs deserve to be on the new page

I like the evolution of Kenny. When they announced this season I was wondering what they hell they would do as Kenny has cleared played out the pro baseball player gig, but seeing him try to reclaim his fame by being a sports commentator or something of the sort makes sense since that is what a lot of pro athletes are doing these days. Next we could see Kenny on dancing with the stars or a celebrity weight loss show.

Yea so glad they went this route. Was worried for a second they were going to try the baseball route again.

Marleyman

Banned
I like the evolution of Kenny. When they announced this season I was wondering what they hell they would do as Kenny has cleared played out the pro baseball player gig, but seeing him try to reclaim his fame by being a sports commentator or something of the sort makes sense since that is what a lot of pro athletes are doing these days. Next we could see Kenny on dancing with the stars or a celebrity weight loss show.

Love it; by going this route I really think that they could continue the show on for more seasons, if they/HBO wanted.

xenist

Kenny getting paid to be professional loudmouth in public is such a perfect match for his character that the way he'll manage to blow everything up is bound to be glorious.

inm8num2

The power Kenny has over Stevie is hilarious and depressing. It reminds me of kids on elementary school playgrounds.

"I surrender to you!" LOL, Stevie.

Snake

Holy god that was an amazing episode.

Very likely the best episode of the series so far, not to mention one of the best episodes of television I've seen all year. It made me wish Danny McBride and/or E&D could get some kind of Emmy recognition.

RangersFan

How could any one not like this show? The first 2 episodes this season are among the best this show has ever had. Thank god Stevie is back, some of the lines in this episode almost made me choke to death. The 2 white kids are equal to 4 mexicans, and pretty much everything stevie said or did this episode. Man the final scene during Sports Sesh was fucking epic.

Holy god that was an amazing episode.

Very likely the best episode of the series so far, not to mention one of the best episodes of television I've seen all year. It made me wish Danny McBride and/or E&D could get some kind of Emmy recognition.

April is wife of the year. I loved her "that's rude" after kenny's ridiculous curse on the family lol.

probably the best running comedy series right now. I love always sunny, the league and workaholics. But whenever this comes back it always blows them away for me.

inm8num2

Rewatching ep. 2.

"You want me to take out Dontel? I will assassinate that mother fucker. I will fucking kill him on TV!"

I don't think any show makes me laugh harder than this one.

Got around to watching episode 2, another fantastic episode.

The first two episodes of this season have been near perfect for this show, hilarious stuff throughout and remaining true to the characters.

inm8num2

mcbride's delivery makes this show.

I can't think of a more perfect casting in recent years. This is the role McBride was born to play.

That reminds me...apparently McBride was going to be the lead in "Observe and Report" but studios wanted Seth Rogen in the lead instead. I thought that movie was a pretty brilliant piece of intensely dark humor, but I couldn't help think McBride would have been better in the lead role (he did cameo as a street thug, though).

Big-E

The guy who does Stevie I think should get an Emmy. I know its acting but some of the shit he has to say and do is pretty fucking degrading. Pulls it off so well.

Bread

Banned
I can't think of a more perfect casting in recent years. This is the role McBride was born to play.

That reminds me...apparently McBride was going to be the lead in "Observe and Report" but studios wanted Seth Rogen in the lead instead. I thought that movie was a pretty brilliant piece of intensely dark humor, but I couldn't help think McBride would have been better in the lead role (he did cameo as a street thug, though).
damnnnnnnn i loved observe and report, but that would have been an all-time classic with mcbride starring.

Grinchy

Banned
So he was a bit sad in the end that nothing bad happened? Like maybe he has his fame and fortune back but it's not the same if he still goes home to be a boring, regular, faithful husband?

So he was a bit sad in the end that nothing bad happened? Like maybe he has his fame and fortune back but it's not the same if he still goes home to be a boring, regular, faithful husband?

I think it was just him acknowledging how much of a piece of shit he is. Whether or not he embraces it or tries to work on it who knows at this point though.

Lijik

Real sense of foreboding in this episode.

Yeah, I kept having to pause it because I just knew something bad was about to happen because of Kenny's actions but it just never did. Wasnt sure if I was relieved or not at the end of the episode when he basically got off scot-free beyond his own inner turmoil.

Kenny's purchases were all hilarious though. Of course he'd go out and buy a wolf

Higgy

The rating at the beginning listed nudity and I so I thought I was gonna see the pool chicks tits. She was hot as fuck.

Instead I get McBride's pasty ass and some dudes tiny little dick flopping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom