• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

I personally don't see a problem with an hardware iteration as is. What will be the deciding factor in this are the games and how well they run on the old systems which is probably more on the developer.

Gigarator

You don't get a say. Neither do I. Just because we give them money doesnt mean we can tell them what to do. If they want to play video games for ten hours to celebrate their sixth money anniversary together, that's their perogative.

This isn't how Patreon works. When you give them money all they owe you is the Patreon goal, and the individual Patreon awards.

In any case, I'm surprised more people aren't talking g about the amazing new Easy Update and the PHYSICAL CD RELEASE OMG. That was an instant buy for me even if I don't have a CD player.

You never learn anything from your bans do you? Always instigating arguments when there isn't one to be had. The whole point of EZA is love and respect but you seem lacking in both. Cheer up, accept other people have different opinions and move on.

On topic, I'm convinced more and more every week that Bosman is
flubbing the 400k on purpose,
if I was in his shoes I'd probably do the same just to revel the chat reactions.

Did Kyle Bosman every say what the project he was working on and why BOSMAN AT HOME is on break? Thought he said he would post about it on twitter.

You never learn anything from your bans do you? Always instigating arguments when there isn't one to be had. The whole point of EZA is love and respect but you seem lacking in both. Cheer up, accept other people have different opinions and move on.

On topic, I'm convinced more and more every week that Bosman is
flubbing the 400k on purpose,
if I was in his shoes I'd probably do the same just to revel the chat reactions.

I've never been banned for the things in this thread if that's what you're implying. Even my last ban was because of a first page post where I wasn't even arguing with anyone.

Karu

Ben, could you - in your Japan coverage or on podcasts, whatever it may be - talk about your experience with the mobile presence both at TGS or Japan culturally in general? Or at least if you've something to say about that.

Yakuza 6 is indeed incredible. It's a huge step forward for the series. I'll definitely be talking about it.

As far as the mobile presence in Japan, it's absolutely worth discussing. Thank you for bringing it up. I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise.

EDIT: I did buy the Japanese special edition of Persona 5 for the extra stuff that came with it. Undecided if I'll dig and play. Part of me feels obligated to for coverage, but then again I'm not sure if people want to see or hear anything before February. Plus, there's a lot I need to focus on already such as DQVII, SMT4A, Trails of Cold Steel II, Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice, Divinity Original Sin 2, and ReCore.

Yakuza 6 is indeed incredible. It's a huge step forward for the series. I'll definitely be talking about it.

As far as the mobile presence in Japan, it's absolutely worth discussing. Thank you for bringing it up. I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise.

EDIT: I did buy the Japanese special edition of Persona 5 for the extra stuff that came with it. Undecided if I'll dig and play. Part of me feels obligated to for coverage, but then again I'm not sure if people want to see or hear anything before February. Plus, there's a lot I need to focus on already such as DQVII, SMT4A, Trails of Cold Steel II, Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice, Divinity Original Sin 2, and ReCore.

Did you check out any VR stuff?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to drop that I've joined the club of people that saw the light and finally got to playing my first Yakuza game (5) and what a game it is, I loved it so much that I'm very close getting the Platinum in it although the last stretch of achievements seems to be a brutal timesink so maybe I'll do that over the coming months hacking away slowly at that 100% completion thing.

So in that sense thanks to Huber and Ben for preaching and bringing this game to my attention. Super hyped for Zero now and after that I'll probably import Kiwami.

MrMette

I wish the PS3 Yakuza games were playable on the PS4.

Me too. Yakuza 5 came out after I passed on my PS3 to my sister (after buying a PS4) and I have missed Yakuza 5 and GT6 because of that (I was also busy playing other games).

I am too stubborn to ask it back as I don't have time to play the games I want to play on PS4, PSVita, Xbox One and PC as is anyway.

I will definitely buy the PS4 Yakuza games (although the feudal Japan one doesn't speak to me as much as the Yakuza era ones), but it would be nice if they do come out with some sort of remaster of the previous games (or if you could play it on PS4 like you can with 360 games on Xbox One without Playstation Now).
I would have bought Yakuza 5 day one if I could have played it (instead, I have it for "free" through PS+).

I have only played Yakuza 4 and was afraid I wouldn't like it when I bought it (it was on sale, so I bit the bullet), but it is one of my most favorite games on PS3.
It was a timesink though, just like the other games seem to be (which isn't a big problem, but I really don't have enough time for long games anymore unfortunately).

Szeth

Holy crap, i can't even imagine what it takes to reach 500k, still need a lot more training, was it a fluke run or you get constantly there?

Well my other highest scores are 475552 and 505137. They're rare runs because the game usually decides to screw you with shit pieces. I'm convinced that unless you're a god at the game getting high scores like that is always a fluke and mostly comes down to the luck of the pieces. Kyle's biggest problem though is his inability to mash. He's better than me at slow speeds, but the mashing and random finger slips are holding him back.

I'm not on media blackout for Persona 5, so I'd definitely be interested in hearing about it. However, I could wait to hear about it if you have a lot in the review pipeline.

Jornax

EDIT: I did buy the Japanese special edition of Persona 5 for the extra stuff that came with it.

Please tell me Camera Ghost caught the religious experience of you buying the special edition on film, so we too can feel like being born again.

...The wait until February is so long :(

UrbanRats

It's not a good reason but let's not pretend the Pro is not anti-consumerist. If you want the best Playstation 4 "experience" you have to buy a Pro and a 4K TV.
This is only a problem if you have the willpower of a 10 years old in a toy store.

A company releasing a newer version of a product, with marginal improvements, and 0 practical impact on their existing customers, has nothing to do with being Anti-Consumer.

Are y'all rushing out to buy a new TV every year, when Samsung refreshes their line up with new (better) models?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

For what it's worth I think giving the other games in favor of P5 some light to shine would be nicer unless you're planning to dip into the JP version anyway but something to be said about hearing your take on P5 that's as fresh as possible in February with a full understanding of what's happening.

Par Score

Better PC components are released on what feels like a weekly schedule, yet here I am sat on 4 year old hardware and muddling through somehow.

It's okay to not live on the bleeding edge.

Now, if Sony starts intentionally gimping releases for OG PS4s to encourage people to upgrade, that's where we enter anti-consumer territory.

Tankard

Well my other highest scores are 475552 and 505137. They're rare runs because the game usually decides to screw you with shit pieces. I'm convinced that unless you're a god at the game getting high scores like that is always a fluke and mostly comes down to the luck of the pieces. Kyle's biggest problem though is his inability to mash. He's better than me at slow speeds, but the mashing and random finger slips are holding him back.

Yeah, i'm not constantly reaching above 18 level yet but i'm pretty sure even i already mash better than him, i don't know if it's the controller, but i use a X360 one, i think he should try to change it for a try. Maybe it's also just the late hours he plays, he did do a lot better last friday playing a bit earlier.

Jones just opened another sub slot, haha. They really have no problems getting the 500 tier slot.

I'm pretty sure he said once he is opening the 500k slot once he is already committed to a sponsorship.

Better PC components are released on what feels like a weekly schedule, yet here I am sat on 4 year old hardware and muddling through somehow.

Now, if Sony starts intentionally gimping releases for OG PS4s to encourage people to upgrade, that's where we enter anti-consumer territory.

Eh, I can concede it's a bit anti-consumer because there's an expectation there when it comes to PC parts that they'll be outdated within a year (if not months). Whereas with the consoles, there was no expectation of mid-gen upgrades coming into this gen, both companies only started hinting in that direction last year. Where it stops being anti-consumer IMO is in how Sony's approached it.

As for that last bit, just wait until people start claiming that any issue the oPS4/Xbone versions have is proof of "gimping". Never mind that games always have issues (Just Cause 3 and AC Unity say hi) and that it'll be 2-3 years before we start seeing the first games that have been built from the ground up with the Pro/Scorpio in mind.

aaaaand the sponsor slot is gone...

If they want to get more sponsors, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to add some Frame Trap sponsors too. Maybe make it $250 since it's a bi-weekly show.

Mikey Jr.

Kinda funny does something that I think eza could use.

They have tips.

I could see them trying that out on their Tuesday streams during their fan mail break.
If you tip them 2.50 or more, they'll read and answer your comment.
I'd do it once in a while personally.

wiibomb

If they want to get more sponsors, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to add some Frame Trap sponsors too. Maybe make it $250 since it's a bi-weekly show.

They should so something like this, not exactly on frametrap, but incorporating the sponsor on something else, for example the weekly stream. I know it wouldn't bother much to talk for a minute or 2 about an sponsor from a 2 hour time period.

Kinda funny does something that I think eza could use.

They have tips.

I could see them trying that out on their Tuesday streams during their fan mail break.

This would be nice, but it needs a sort of filter, I don't even want to think about a comment putting the allies in a uncomfortable position and taking them out of jolliness. They don't have to be ever forced to check a comment considering there are very mean people out there

UrbanRats

I mean if in like 3 months from the PRo's launch they come out with a version with an UHD player in it, that'd be pretty shitty of them, but this came out 3 years after the launch of the PS4, it's not like many would've waited it out if only they had known.

Auctopus

I'm not sure how distracting this would become for the stream.

I wasn't a huge fan of big messages coming up when people announced their subscription anniversary but a read-out message for $2.50 would just get so distracting and repetitive...

Reapermain says "I love Dark Souls!"
Oli243 says "HYYYYPE"
Scottyboi says "No way, I love Dark Souls tooo!!"

People should be donating 'cause they want to help EZA anyway, not for pandering or recognition.

Mikey Jr.

I'm not sure how distracting this would become for the stream.

I wasn't a huge fan of big messages coming up when people announced their subscription anniversary but a read-out message for $2.50 would just get so distracting and repetitive...

Reapermain says "I love Dark Souls!"
Oli243 says "HYYYYPE"
Scottyboi says "No way, I love Dark Souls tooo!!"

People should be donating 'cause they want to help EZA anyway, not for pandering or recognition.

Like I said, during the fan mail section.

Personally I think the whole "spend money to get attention" thing is the worst. The resub stuff can be fun but nothing is worse than someone doing it when the streamer is focused and they spam in chat "hey did you see my sub? did you get it? hey did you get it?"

Personally I think the whole "spend money to get attention" thing is the worst. The resub stuff can be fun but nothing is worse than someone doing it when the streamer is focused and they spam in chat "hey did you see my sub? did you get it? hey did you get it?"

All this sub and resub stuff with notifications, songs and alerts, is part of the reason why I can't watch streams. It's the most annoying thing during the stream to me.

The subscriber song is annoying and almost always way too loud. I don't watch group streams because of it, or I mute for a bit when I hear someone mention they got a subscriber.

I like the subscriber song. It's one thing to have fun with engaging the community, I just don't like the neediness it brings out of people at times. Twitch culture as a whole is weird but the whole spend money for acknowledgement thing just kinda rubs me the wrong way sometimes

Or people getting upset that they aren't reading names during conference streams. Bleh

Kneefoil

The subscriber song is annoying and almost always way too loud. I don't watch group streams because of it, or I mute for a bit when I hear someone mention they got a subscriber.

It's at least a lot more bearable than their subscriber song in the GT days. That one I muted almost every single time it came up. The current one I can deal with except when there's a constant barrage of subscribers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom