• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 229 (new format) scores, features, Hitman cover

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Riddick said:
Edge has been a joke for a long time. They're trolling with scores just to get attention and sales.

Only problem is, most of the people who are vocal about Edge and the ones who never read it. I used to sub Edge when I was living in London and there were many times I thought a score was low, then I read the review you could see why. There is a very high percentage of scores that are on the money, but yes, I spose to some people it can come across as favoritism.

There is a certain context within their scores. Just because a game gets a 7 doesn't mean the game doesn't play well or is not awesome to play, sometimes there are problems within the game that prevent it from getting a higher score, whether it's repetitiveness, or bugs or, hell, whatever.

Look at their Diablo scores. I've played both Diablos and I think a 7 and 6 is generous. The game is a bore, click click, click, click, click click, click, click, click click, click, click of the left mouse button. There is a game under that, but clicking the button isn't fun, but that's just me.

Wallach

Tacitus_ said:
It has its problems, but no. The reviewer rated it on the first few hours which unfortunately have most of the combat related problems which seemed to be the ones weighting down the score.

I don't think that's really accurate. The review pretty clearly speaks to the game beyond the first few hours.

Did this new Edge fall apart in anybody else's hands while they were reading it?

I had to go out and buy a second copy after a day at the beach left the first half in shambles.

The Antitype said:
Did this new Edge fall apart in anybody else's hands while they were reading it?

I had to go out and buy a second copy after a day at the beach left the first half in shambles.
Don't swim with your magazines

zoukka

nib95 said:
What a complete mess they made with those scores.

This month the scores aren't even that crazy compared to other publications and yet still we have posts like these... you just see an EDGE thread and herp so much your keyboard derps.

Top Bottom