• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM November 2008 Reviews and Rumors

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
- Kojima wants to make a FPS game. Has been seen talking to Infinity Ward, Guerilla Games, and Treyarch

:D

I'd like to see how a Kojima FPS turns out. Infinity Ward seems unlikely though, but is easily the best choice of the three.

And a big surprise on the Sonic game, no? Wasn't expecting that.

I'll need to read the review of Away for myself...that good/bad capsule doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
g35twinturbo said:
- Kojima wants to make a FPS game. Has been seen talking to Infinity Ward, Guerilla Games, and Treyarch

:D
tHAT PIC OF YOU AND kOJIMA-san makes more and more sense now.

Tab0203

SuperSonic1305 said:
- Kojima wants to make a FPS game. ...
Interesting.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/metroidprime3/video/6133401
(13:51)
Hideo Kojima TGS 2005:
You've done it! was my impression. This was totally unexpected. I was pleasantly surprised because the controller is quite comfortable, yet provides something brand new. Famicom defined the modern controller, it made us control games using the a and b buttons, holding the controller with both hands and facing the TV monitor. We have been doing this for twenty years and this premise (? unintelligible) now has been changed significantly. Even though it was a surprise to me first, once I touched the controller I quickly understood how it should be used much like a remote control for your TV. This is exactly (?) what I was looking for.

DuckRacer

- Lucas Arts handing Rogue Squadron rights to new publisher. All games released on one Wii disk with enhanced visuals and Wii controls.
Wait, is this including Rogue Squadron N64? How are they going to handle the visuals with that?

raviolico

Opus Angelorum said:
trico.jpg

dear SuperSonic1305: THIS?

A Kojima FPS done by an western developer is a little too out there considering he's admitted that he gets motion sickness from FPS games in past interviews.

Glix

I know everyone wants trico, but its Zelda. I can feel it. Sounds like Zelda type imagery, plus IT IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE FIRST ZELDA GAME!

Why would they use that if it is something different, hmmmmmmmmm.

omg rite said:
So basically, it looks like IGN is a piece of shit like usual, with their Sonic review.
Or, y'know, their reviewer really didn't like the game? People do have different tastes. That's why it's better to go by general consensus, and best to go by your own personal opinion.

And Glix, it may match a quote but it's something you might just say for its real meaning; it's not like "Dodongo hates smoke" or anything. Plus, why would they call a Zelda game "Manhattan-sized"?

Glix said:
I know everyone wants trico, but its Zelda. I can feel it. Sounds like Zelda type imagery, plus IT IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE FIRST ZELDA GAME!

We went through something similiar with the Nintendo Power thread. :lol

LiquidMetal14

So the LBP review will be on hold until the Gears/R2 issue or is it gonna be the end all be all next issue?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Glix said:

It's a REALLY common phrase. If it turns out to be Zelda or Trico I'll be very happy but I doubt it will be either.

Liabe Brave said:
Or, y'know, their reviewer really didn't like the game? People do have different tastes. That's why it's better to go by general consensus, and best to go by your own personal opinion.

And Glix, it may match a quote but it's something you might just say for its real meaning; it's not like "Dodongo hates smoke" or anything. Plus, why would they call a Zelda game "Manhattan-sized"?

Since when are Zelda games tiny... I wish it was Zelda but I doubt Nintendo is going to let EGM reveal something that big.

Red Blaster said:
A Kojima FPS done by an western developer is a little too out there considering he's admitted that he gets motion sickness from FPS games in past interviews.

Though Kojima does profess a liking to FPS and has pretty good FPS tastes for a man who can't play them for long. Those devs he's talking to seems to give the inkling of talking to the right guys about it. He would have to be a bit more laid back and have someone else see his direction and ideas completely through as it would be a pain getting sick from directing your own game for too long.

SuperSonic1305 said:
The next month section doesn't mention the cover story. It just says "It's a secret to everybody (except us) and has a picture of a sundial in a field of flowers. It also says it's a Manhattan sized announcement.

Manhattan Project + Sundials = Remake of Infocom's Trinity

trinity.jpg

maniac80

Hawt, hawt, hawt

Can't wait to play RE5

and Star Ocean got really good reviews, compared to the other RPG's they reviewed, it has piqued my interest.

MiamiWesker said:
Since when are Zelda games tiny... I wish it was Zelda but I doubt Nintendo is going to let EGM reveal something that big.

Who said EGM's going to reveal it? It could just be something big out of TGS that EGM will report on.

LiquidMetal14

Sun dial......This one's gonna be a tricky one. It would be nice if it was the highly elusive, highly regarded Tri
cycle tranny surprise

Raistlin

SuperSonic1305 said:
The next month section doesn't mention the cover story. It just says "It's a secret to everybody (except us) and has a picture of a sundial in a field of flowers. It also says it's a Manhattan sized announcement.

0_0

Chrono?

WHAT!?>@!?!?!?!!?!?!!?1/!?!1?!?!1?1?1?!~
!>>!1
41r.
1r>!R>?!R

WrikaWrek

Banned
A FPS from Kojima is certainly something i don't wanna see, i doubt he can compete with other studios that have been doing FPSs for decades.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ToyMachine228 said:
Kojima FPS? Oh SHIIIITTTTT.

movie

3 steps shot 2 people

movie

walk down hall

movie

fight silly boss

movie

Darkpen

Banned
woah, Kojima FPS?

DMC style Strider??

A sonic game got GOTM???

What's going on?!

Oh, and yes, that cover is sweet. <3 Milky as the new Editor in Chief

Sega1991 said:
lololololol

maybe? :/

mikeGFG

Banned

I'm calling it: The Watchmen game.

Top Bottom