• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapapayo

Darji said:
no he also said that he is aware of it that lair is getting good and bad reviews

I don't like gamefaqs style post. If he wants to be serious, he just had to paste it.

When you make fanboys statements :

expect just the opposite from Eurogamer/1up/any of 1up's affiliated websites/Gamespot ,Kotaku and some other gaming websites which are recently refuted for a particular console BIAS

It's hard to make a serious topic.

Darji

Banned
Sapapayo said:
I don't like gamefaqs style post. If he wants to be serious, he just had to paste it.

When you make fanboys statements :

It's hard to make a serious topic.
yeah this is true but for the rest of his post he didnt lie or anything like that. And i guess the last part is just is own opinion. We all have these opinons , we all have favored and hatred review sites.

ok then lets wait a few more days till the real edge review comes out. But if Edge really gave Lair a 9 then it will be very funny here^^

The reason the gametrailers post is formed like that is simple. It looks a lot more likely that what you're saying is truth if it looks like it was actually the developer that said it.

The developer part is up to the foliage comment. The rest is from the poster.

Sapapayo

Darji said:
yeah this is true but for the rest of his post he didnt lie or anything like that. And i guess the last part is just is own opinion. We all have these opinons , we all have favored and hatred review sites.

ok then lets wait a few more days till the real edge review comes out. But if Edge really gave Lair a 9 then it will be very funny here^^

It will be funny to see fanboys of all consoles make a meltdown ? I don't find it funny.

I really hope it will be true about edge, just for gaming, not for fanboys meltdown.

Darji

Banned
Sapapayo said:
It will be funny to see fanboys of all consoles make a meltdown ? I don't find it funny.

I really hope it will be true about edge, just for gaming, not for fanboys meltdown.
i like NPD threads with a big surprise ^^

And yes its good for the game too but i still have my preorder i will not cancel it because i love Dragons^^

Woah... he's just said either NeoGAF or N4G leaked the edge score!

there is no link to EGM scores too other than the leaked info.

All those reviews of EGM,EDGE and GAMEPRO,GAMEZONE are true!!!

search NEOGAF and n4g for the leaked infos.

trust me

Razoric

Banned
If EDGE gives LAIR a 9 you will see the biggest meltdown the internet has ever seen and further proof that EGM is irrelevant now.

Bah, I don't think this one has legs. No gifs for me.

ps3 is murdering x360 in NA/JAp/EU after the price cut.
dont even talk about install base which is over 5 m at the moment

I just think we've got your run of the mill fanboy here. Shame, because that edge 9 would have been epic. :D

Sapapayo

Darji said:
i like NPD threads with a big surprise ^^

And yes its good for the game too but i still have my preorder i will not cancel it because i love Dragons^^

I like npd/MC thread and sales age because of few guys who are very interresting (panther, joshua etc), but even if i would like to see good sony sales, if sony boys act like kids, it will not be funny, it will be just like nintendo/xbox fanbois. So stupid.

Darji

Banned
Psychotext said:

I just think we've got your run of the mill fanboy here. Shame, because that edge 9 would have been epic. :D
maybe he used this as source^^

PlayStation 3 hits 6 million sales worldwide
Posted on July 28th, 2007 at 09:20 EDT

We recently reported that Sony had sold 4.48 Million PlayStation 3's Worldwide, but this figure was in fact a little dated (being up until Q1 2007) and we are now almost in Q3. New information from the Australian Sony 'Experience More' event, held in Sydney, revealed by Sony puts the actual figures at approximately 6 million units sold.

Down under the PlayStation has sold 64,000 units and Sony Computer Entertainment MD Michael Ephraim explained to the audience that “on a slow week, the PS3 was selling around 2,500 units - putting it ahead of all other direct console competitors in the market.”

In related news according to Carl Rose, the Managing Director of Sony Australia - Blu-ray is dominating the market in Australia, with roughly 80 percent of all HD content (excluding PS3 games) being sold on Blu-ray discs, rather than on HD DVD.

Right now, there are 107 Blu-ray titles on the market, and with adoption rates now reaching "a satisfactory level", Sony promises to double that number by Christmas. This comes in light of this morning's announcement that retail chain Target would only be stocking Blu-ray players and discs, rubbing a little more salt in the wound of the competing high definition format.

http://www.psu.com/PlayStation-3-hits-6-Million-Sales-WorldWide-News--a791-p0.php

^^

I like npd/MC thread and sales age because of few guys who are very interresting (panther, joshua etc), but even if i would like to see good sony sales, if sony boys act like kids, it will not be funny, it will be just like nintendo/xbox fanbois. So stupid.
but there are alot of fanboys in these threads. Not from Sony because of the bad numbers but definetly from Nintendo^^

I must say, this stuff can be amazingly effective. I've seen people on multiple forums posting this as fact and linking to gametrailers forums (which is the first place I've seen it too). Frightening how fast a rumour becomes fact and spreads. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've just not seen a magazine that was not Edge, but I can not confirm that Edge did give Lair a 9 not.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Razoric said:
If EDGE gives LAIR a 9 you will see the biggest meltdown the internet has ever seen and further proof that EGM is irrelevant now.
Why? Edge has been rubbish for ages. I don't understand why everyone puts the likes of Edge and Famitsu above every other publication, when in fact their reviews are just as laughable as every other magazines.

Psychotext said:

Did he say that in the Lair review thread, or is that from another thread?

Someone has already fallen for this over at another forum I visit. I guess they say the first casualty of war is the truth. :lol

Darji

Banned
Psychotext said:
I must say, this stuff can be amazingly effective. I've seen people on multiple forums posting this as fact and linking to gametrailers forums (which is the first place I've seen it too). Frightening how fast a rumour becomes fact and spreads. :lol

Welcome to the internet:D

justjohn

cjelly said:
Why? Edge has been rubbish for ages. I don't understand why everyone puts the likes of Edge and Famitsu above every other publication, when in fact their reviews are just as laughable as every other magazines.
****ing lame

Darji

Banned
Tideas said:
I thought Q1 was from April 1st to June 31st?

Cuz the fiscal year ends on March 31st does it not?
dont know but anyway these must be shipped numbers. if not the July NPD thread will be ****ing HUGE:lol :lol

P209 said:
EGMs review is far from Gospel

If Lair and BD really are horrid games as they claim they won't be the only ones giving out 5s-6s. EGM is one magazine with very unprofessional magazine staff that has fallen behind the times.
They still don't get why Hanna Montana owns and why high school musical has legions of fans. It's not surprising the F5 cherry was popped by EGM when they decided to take a new venture with sixaxis only flight controls. It's not traditional controls and requires a new approach to a flying game.

And for traditionalist if it's not pick up and play easy the whole experience from the first moment forward is ruined. I'm sure F5 has to take fault here as well with not offering alternate controller configurations for the purist. I find it hard to believe that the controls were just broken difficult maybe but broken enough to ruin the story gameplay and fun factor? All I can say about it is wow I just have to try this for my self and see what the other reviews look like.

I'm pretty sure that just because EGM reviews games based on the games themselves, instead of pure sales figures/sales potential, that doesn't make them unprofessional. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it's the other way around.

Tideas

Banned
Darji said:
dont know but anyway these must be shipped numbers. if not the July NPD thread will be ****ing HUGE:lol :lol

Sony PS3 sell 1 million copies in July confirm.
Neogaf meltdown confirm afterward.

cjelly said:

And that kids is how you do preemptive damage control. Don't worry sport, Edge won't give Lair a high score.

Gigglepoo

Razoric said:

This thread has more than 2,000 replies and 126,000 views. EGM is irrelevant?

Darji

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Man Darji you have done nothing but spread bullshit. You're joining the ignorelist.
dont mind. but i just posting rumors like 80% of the people here. Its not like its unbelieveble. Anyway you can earse me ffrom the ignorelist again when this score is true if not its ok too^^

Raistlin

I'm planning to get the game either way ... so I could care less.

That said, I would LOVE if the 9's are true ... only for the fact of how awesome this thread will continue to be :lol

I'm really liking that poster, he's got the ball and he's running full tilt with it now!

Resistance with amazing physics/ai/gameplay is 6 and Gears with 0 physics and ai deserves 10??????

[Edit - I think he's talking about Eurogamer who actually gave Gears an 8 but did give Resistance a 6.]

Haunted

Quazar said:
I'm confused wtf is going on?
I'm counting 3... no, 4 recent juniors shitting up this thread with bs rumours and fanboy bickering on the linguistic and intellectual level of ****ing 7-year olds.

Gigglepoo

Tideas said:
Most of the replies has been on why EGM is irrelevant ;)

See, you and I can laugh at this, but the people who actually have been arguing that EGM is irrelevant probably won't understand the irony.

AltogetherAndrews said:
And that kids is how you do preemptive damage control. Don't worry sport, Edge won't give Lair a high score.

And this is how you do preemptive low expectations. Now when/if Lair does get a 9 you can act extremely shocked and amazed and preach how unexpected this news is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom