• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

beelzebozo said:
this is like a forty page game of telephone

start by whispering a couple of controversial scores, and 40 pages later purple monkey dishwasher scored way lower than we expected

otherwise we'd still be talking about factor 5.5
and we can't have that now can we.

arias said:
I said 1up and EGM were jokes? Ha. I suppose you have mastered the art of spin. You have absolutely no integrity in representing other people's views.

I ashame 2.. little grasshopper go back china ask kung fu master giv nuu name!!

are you seriously going to keep giving him shit because of his grammar?

ari

Banned
arias said:
I said 1up and EGM were jokes? Ha. I suppose you have mastered the art of spin. You have absolutely no integrity in representing other people's views.

I ashame 2.. little grasshopper go back china ask kung fu master giv nuu name!!

what....the.....hell are you talking about..............this is what you said about 1up for a stealth edit of killzone 2.

arias said:
Who knows?

Probably an Xbot who got frustrated at all the Sonybot's overhype drive all over the net. Even NeoGAF collapsed because of Killzone 2, come on : p Whatever the ridiculous responses of Sony fanboys, doing that stealth edit was unwarranted.

x
and then you spurred a argument with a fellow poster.... like i said... give me a break. and for that chinese crap... what the hell are choking on.

Gigglepoo

a Master Ninja said:
?
So your prediction is the 360 September sales will be only 5% greater than they were in September '06? Or 5% greater than August '07?

You're trying to use tangible figures. 5% is merely the number of people who bought an X360 to play Halo 3. You can't find out for sure that it's wrong that way.

arias

Banned
ari said:
what....the.....hell are you talking about..............this is what you said about 1up for a stealth edit of killzone 2.

and then you spurred a argument with a fellow poster.... like i said... give me a break. and for that chinese crap... what the hell are choking on.

How was that saying 1UP sucked? Bullshit.

I even singled out the editor who did the stealth edit - Matt Leone. Do your homework before you accuse other people of doing shit they didn't do.

Gigglepoo said:
Yeah, but this is preorders we're talking about. Do most people preorder their games? Or do they simply walk into Best Buy a day or two after release and plunk down the cash? I can see the Legendary folks putting down their cash early, but for people (like me) who just want the frickin' game and nothing else, I can't imagine there is a huge rush to preorder it.

Did Deathly Hallows even have 5 million preorders?

I don't know. Im far from a hardcore Halo fan, but I put down my preorder 2 years ago just so I wouldn't have to deal with the lines and the madness that I saw for Halo 2. And 5 million presales isn't that out of the question. Not a great source for info, but the manager at EB by my work has already gotten 9000+ preorders for his district alone. He said that Gamestop proabably has around 1 million preorders already. He actually believes that Halo 3 will sell 5 million in the first week. I even called BS on it, but then he told me about the preorders for Gamestop alone, which just blew my mind. I don't see why a store won't have at least 100-150 copies, if not more, on day one.

If any Eb or Gamestop employee want to confirm this, please do.

arias said:
I said 1up and EGM were jokes?

Dunno but I'm just going your post history and uh..you don't seem to fond of EGM. Probably due to Lair or something.

Also you use the word "twat" way too often.
Other than that I don't care. I usually only go through the first page or so.

I think you and ari are both being clowns btw. But the way I see it you are the Yin and he is the Yang. Together you are complete, separate you are merely two halves to a full fanboy.

ari

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
How the hell do we have 2 posters around here with the names "ari" and arias"? Confusing.

:lol :lol :lol :lol he stole my name...

i could only imagine what you guys are going through trying to figure out is it one person having a meltdown or 2 arguing. :lol

LukeSmith said:
I didn't know Halo 3 and CoD4 were reviewed in this issue, too!
Halo 3: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0
crispin says the combat system is confusing, and the controls don't always work the way they should. lock-on system is also jacked.
greg ford says the camera is frustrating in ground combat. the wide open levels hold a lot of potential but ultimately don't deliver
garnett says it's a "frustrating disappointment" with a few bright spots

COD4: 6.5, 7.5, 6.5
it has neither strong characters nor gripping storytelling, the battle system is "stellar" but unaccompanied by any sort of interesting plot to hang your hat on. bryan is a bit easier on the story than andrew fitch (who had the lead review), and ray called it "safe."

Haunted

Jesus ****ing Christ, who are you guys?

(neutral) ari

(neutral) arias

... oh.

ari

Banned
Haunted One said:
Jesus ****ing Christ, who are you guys?

(neutral) ari

(neutral) arias

... oh.

how do he have more posts then me, he join this month...holyshit :lol :lol :lol :lol

skip

Speevy said:
They also reviewed Heavenly Sword. Perhaps you missed this.

7.5, 6.0, 6.0
garnett says the biggest problem with the game is the most obvious problem with any music game: the music selection. a little too all over the board to really satiate anyone's tastes. crispin says the gameplay is starting to feel tired--jennifer disagrees, but with the caveat that the gameplay is only fun if the music is good. she says it's not.

not funny -- you know someone's going to spread this shit, and we have to clean it up.

edit - same goes for everyone else!

DD-11

arias said:
I Chinese, I ching chang your chow chang!! I spell no good!! Fook!!!!

Thank god we have you to tell other people what their opinions are.

x

OMG...I'm not up on the rules around here, but I hope you never get to come back.

Halo 3 will stomp all over COD4, it will move as many systems as MS can manufacture. It will be on the news and be on all kinds of non-gaming related magazine covers. It will be everywhere, not least of all most 360 owner's homes.

Darji

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
My ass that Edge would give it a 9. I mean, I haven't played it so I don't know what type of score it deserves, but a 9, from Edge? That doesn't sound right.
LAIR has got some very good reviews and some bad ones according to the DEV himself. That means he is aware of the upcoming reviews of major gaming websites.
The reason for BAD REVIEWS are attributed only for the sole use of SIXAXIS which some reviewers have found to be erratic and some to be a unique experience eg GAMEZONE.

Gamezone is true but i dont know about edge. But sure if Edge gives Lair a 9 then EGm totally ****ed up^^

Teen Ape

a Master Ninja said:
Halo 3: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0
crispin says the combat system is confusing, and the controls don't always work the way they should. lock-on system is also jacked.
greg ford says the camera is frustrating in ground combat. the wide open levels hold a lot of potential but ultimately don't deliver
garnett says it's a "frustrating disappointment" with a few bright spots

COD4: 6.5, 7.5, 6.5
it has neither strong characters nor gripping storytelling, the battle system is "stellar" but unaccompanied by any sort of interesting plot to hang your hat on. bryan is a bit easier on the story than andrew fitch (who had the lead review), and ray called it "safe."
Consider my pre-orders cancelled sir. And I say good day!

Haunted

Darji said:
Gamezone is true but i dont know about edge. But sure if Edge gives Lair a 9 then EGm totally ****ed up^^
:lol :lol

I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I see all these recent juniors spreading bs in here. Tideas posting stuff from the ps3forums, this joker here from the ****ing gametrailers forum...*sigh*

What's wrong with you people? 500 posts to become a member or bust.

Speevy

Banned
We usually use 6 major sources for reviews.

-EGM
-Game Informer (though I hate them)
-IGN
-Gamespot
-Eurogamer
-Edge (which gives the lowest scores of any outlet)

So getting a 9 from Edge would be pretty significant.

Speevy said:
We usually use 6 major sources for reviews.

-EGM
-Game Informer (though I hate them)
-IGN
-Gamespot
-Eurogamer
-Edge (which gives the lowest scores of any outlet)

So getting a 9 from Edge would be pretty significant.

All US review sources should of course be automatically discarded, so that leaves two. So all we need is for Eurogamer to give it a 1/10 and we're back in business. Although again, I doubt Edge gave it a 9.

And yeah, using forum posts as "confirmation" shits all over the acceptable definition of "confirmation".

Darji

Banned
Haunted One said:
:lol :lol

I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I see all these recent juniors spreading bs in here. Tideas posting stuff from the ps3forums, this joker here from the ****ing gametrailers forum...*sigh*

What's wrong with you people? 500 posts to become a member or bust.
hey i have it from gametrailers you now :p

oh and i said i still seek for confirmation about the edge review^^

I remember while searching for something I found a Gametrailers thread where everyone was talking about how Neogaf was ran by a bunch of xbots and only viral marketers posted there.

Now they have Edge and Gamezone scores.
I believe it.

No really Darji get this shit the **** out of here until you have some real sources.

Darji

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I remember while searching for something I found a Gametrailers thread where everyone was talking about how Neogaf was ran by a bunch of xbots and only viral marketers posted there.

Now they have Edge and Gamezone scores.
I believe it.

No really Darji get this shit the **** out of here until you have some real sources.
i posted them with a ?. Whats wrong about that? And i said, that i still need confirmation about these scores but why not post them so anyone can try to find out if its true or not.

oh and Eggebrecht will be in the 13 August EGM podcast^^

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the 20 minute video review of metroid prime on gamespot is really great. obviously requires some dedication to watch a 20 minute video review, but that shit is comprehensive.

and it's done by greg k. moment of silence for the fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom