• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darji

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
ari, darji and arias. This has got to be some form of code.
sory to dissapopint you. I have no account at gametrailers^^

And if i would take darji then this is my nick since my time in FFXI^^

Darji said:
i posted them with a ?. Whats wrong about that? And i said, that i still need confirmation about these scores but why not post them so anyone can try to find out if its true or not.

You use an absolute shithouse of a forum as a source and you back it up with a ?
I think you fail to realize that this is serious business.

Haunted

TheGreatDave said:
No way could this game get a 9 from Edge unless it has 70% of it's development based in the UK or it's a racing game in the European version.
:lol well played.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
You use an absolute shithouse of a forum as a source and you back it up with a ?

Darji

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
They are games and these are no serious buisness. If you cant understand such things maybe you should stop gaming a take a step outside because this is serious buisness

Speevy said:
We usually use 6 major sources for reviews.

-EGM
-Game Informer (though I hate them)
-IGN
-Gamespot
-Eurogamer
-Edge (which gives the lowest scores of any outlet)

So getting a 9 from Edge would be pretty significant.

Yeah, significant enough to cause this thread to balloon to 2X it's current already-bloated-beyond-reason size.

I don't really care about Lair that much anyway at this point, I'll be renting before buying for sure. But I would love to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth a 9 from Edge would cause on GAF.

Darji said:
They are games and these are no serious buisness. If you cant understand such things maybe you should stop gaming a take a step outside because this is serious buisness

You're in a videogame forum for crying out loud what do you expect?

For some odd reason GAF doesn't feel like being the laughingstock of the internet for taking bad sources and running with them. If people run their mouth and continue spewing bullshit they will get called on it.

People say a lot of bad things about this forum but at the very least 90% of the stuff I read in this forum is true, which accounts for a lot.

And I can believe Edge giving Lair a 9 just as much as I can believe EGM giving the same game a 6.(Being serious here). But I for one am not interested in blind faith and rumors, I only care for facts. Until this is confirmed I have no reason to believe it.

Darji

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
You're in a videogame forum for crying out loud what do you expect?
I am expecting people who love games and no scores. Or people who arent overjoying when some game with high hopes one their rival console get a bad score. I know i cant get tehese kind of things but why the hell is it bad to post rumors according scores?^^

I can't seem to find a review of God of War 2 for Edge. Is it not out in the UK yet?
As far i remember it got a 7^^

ari

Banned
wow, this thread turned from sony fans having stealth meltdowns and spinning the egm score ........ to complete lair hatred.

Sapapayo

Darji said:
trying to find an excuse if this score is right?:lol :lol

Why don't you give us a source for edge and gamezone other that a topic on GT with nos sources ? please : (

I hope it's not a joke.......

Narag

Sapapayo said:
Why don't you give us a source for edge and gamezone other that a topic on GT with nos sources ? please : (

Because its the end result of the "I posted first!" mentality too many forumgoers have in general.

A 9 from Edge would be great for the thread. :lol

But right now that news seems to be from a fan's post on the gametrailers forum. So I'll be holding out for something a little more concrete before making up some gifs.

Darji

Banned
Sapapayo said:

i already told you that I need confirmation for these scores thats why i put the ? behind it. If its so important to you why not try and search too^^

Sapapayo

Narag said:
Because its the end result of the "I posted first!" mentality too many forumgoers have in general.

The OP at GT has registered in july 2007, and he seems to be a fanboys

quote :

NOTE :- LAIR has got some very good reviews and some bad ones according to the DEV himself. That means he is aware of the upcoming reviews of major gaming websites.
The reason for BAD REVIEWS are attributed only for the sole use of SIXAXIS which some reviewers have found to be erratic and some to be a unique experience eg GAMEZONE.

i am very sure IGN,GAMETRAILERS and GI would give LAIR a good score. (how does he know ???????????????????????????????????)

expect just the opposite from Eurogamer/1up/any of 1up's affiliated websites/Gamespot ,Kotaku and some other gaming websites which are recently refuted for a particular console BIAS

I am sure PS3 owners are now hyped up for a unique LAIR experience

I really hope it's not a joke by an idiot sony fanboys

Tideas

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
It is because GAF is a legitimate forum. ;)

Touche ;). Well, we'll all find out in less than 2 weeks. Now, I don't know why the poster would lie about the score, since that'll just tarnish his rep over there,

So, if Edge did give a 9. What will happen to this thread?

Sapapayo

Darji said:
i already told you that I need confirmation for these scores thats why i put the ? behind it. If its so important to you why not try and search too^^

i'm searching man, but i don't find anything. I want to believe it anyway.

Sapapayo

Tideas said:
Touche ;). Well, we'll all find out in less than 2 weeks. Now, I don't know why the poster would lie about the score, since that'll just tarnish his rep over there,

Nothing in particular. It would be just great if fanboys don't overreact.

Narag

Gigglepoo said:
What the hell...?

Altogetherandrews said:
All US review sources should of course be automatically discarded, so that leaves two. So all we need is for Eurogamer to give it a 1/10 and we're back in business.

Forgot the second half of that statement you quoted. It was obviously in jest.

Tideas

Banned
From the posters, I get the feeling Edge is more respected than EGM. SO what'll happen to EGM? :lol

Lair will suck. Let's just get it out there right now ;) haha jkkkkkk

Darji

Banned
the only thing i found so far is that the 90% Play score comes from the UK and not the US magazin and they gave Sonic a 5.2 so it could be true that EGM ****ed this game up like KZ Liberation^^

Tideas said:

With any luck, it will die a quick death, to be replaced with a thread full of people who haven't played the game arguing about whether or not it deserves a 9. Edge is somewhat hard to discredit.

Darji

Banned
Sapapayo said:

quote :

this comes from one of the developers not from a Fanboy^^

I'm aware of the reviews, of course. Some are very positive, some are not. The common complaint in those bad reviews seem to be the controls - putting the dragon streering on the motion-sensitive SIXAXIS controller doesn't sit well with some of the experienced gamers. First of all: try it out yourself, give it a chance!

http://www.langsuyar.com/news/news.html

Gigglepoo

Segata Sanshiro said:
With any luck, it will die a quick death, to be replaced with a thread full of people who haven't played the game and have never read an issue of Edge arguing about whether or not it deserves a 9. Edge is somewhat hard to discredit.

Fixed!

Tideas

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
With any luck, it will die a quick death, to be replaced with a thread full of people who haven't played the game arguing about whether or not it deserves a 9. Edge is somewhat hard to discredit.

I"ll pay to see that happen

Darji said:
the only thing i found so far is that the 90% Play score comes from the UK and not the US magazin and they gave Sonic a 5.2 so it could be true that EGM ****ed this game up like KZ Liberation^^
Uh no, the US Play gave it a 9. Unless Takuhi was lying about writing the review, along with its score and content.

Sapapayo said:

I think it's Nasim using a different name. I've seen him all over the net today... he must have spent hours posting about the 9 edge, gamepro and play gave (allegedly) Lair.

[Edit - I know the 9 from play is legit]

Tideas

Banned
Psychotext said:
I think it's Nasim using a different name. I've seen him all over the net today... he must have spent hours posting about the 9 edge, gamepro and play gave (allegedly) Lair.

[Edit - I know the 9 from play is legit]

Well, if it's him, he's beeing posting a lot. In 15 days, he got 766 posts over there. Damn

Sapapayo

Darji said:
this comes from one of the developers not from a Fanboy^^

http://www.langsuyar.com/news/news.html

Do you read what i have quoted ????????

NOTE :- LAIR has got some very good reviews and some bad ones according to the DEV himself. That means he is aware of the upcoming reviews of major gaming websites.
The reason for BAD REVIEWS are attributed only for the sole use of SIXAXIS which some reviewers have found to be erratic and some to be a unique experience eg GAMEZONE.

i am very sure IGN,GAMETRAILERS and GI would give LAIR a good score.

expect just the opposite from Eurogamer/1up/any of 1up's affiliated websites/Gamespot ,Kotaku and some other gaming websites which are recently refuted for a particular console BIAS

I am sure PS3 owners are now hyped up for a unique LAIR experience

"these parts" are not from the dev link. And this is written like a fanboy with caps and all....

Tideas

Banned
Sapapayo said:

"these parts" are not from the dev link. And this is written like a fanboy with caps and all....

In a reverse logic kinda way, fanboys would be the last ot lie about review scores, because they'll be the first to post up a positive score :D

Darji

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Uh no, the US Play gave it a 9. Unless Takuhi was lying about writing the review, along with its score and content.
maybe both gave them a 9? Or its the same review.

Yes I did but when you look at the page he says practically the same thing about the Sixaxis.

Sapapayo

Tideas said:
In a reverse logic kinda way, fanboys would be the last ot lie about review scores, because they'll be the first to post up a positive score :D

Yep but it's rare when a serious guy talks like a fanboy....

Check beelzebozo OP here. There's score + quotes and all, well written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom