• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem Surprise Drops New Album Music to Be Murdered By

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nearly 30. I was a "fan" when he was actually good. Now he's trying hard to stay relevant. Also lmao @ him mentioning the Manchester Bombing in his bars.
Sorry I just mistook you for a youth since I've heard youths saying similar lingo. Like lit, kino and gucci.

Mahadev

Nearly 30. I was a "fan" when he was actually good. Now he's trying hard to stay relevant. Also lmao @ him mentioning the Manchester Bombing in his bars.

After 20 years he's still way more relevant than the mumble rapper/RNB hacks and their 15 minutes of fame that come and go all the time. This album definitely isn't as good as Kamikaze but still pretty good btw.

jadedm17

Revival was trash. Kamakazi was angry like MMLP and this feels like The Eminem show with more content.

Enjoying this one a lot and Royce is really amping up as a solid producer.

I still dont understand the Revival hate, i f ing love that album.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
In a financial sense, Eminem isn't one person. He's a brand, who financially supports and is backed by dozens if not hundreds of people. As an individual, he may or may not have chosen to target the woke audience to make money. But as a brand, he and his team chose to go that path. So I won't support them anymore, the same way I won't support Hillary Clinton after she eloquently explained why a quarter of the citizens of the country she wanted to lead should be categorized as "deplorable".

Sakura

I don’t respect or like Eminem anymore since his diss track against Trump. I should have said lost his credibility to me. It has nothing to do with any kind of tactic.

Eminem is the one making it about politics when he raps about Trump and changing gun laws.

He’s just trying to get in with the Jimmy Kimmel crowd when those are the kind of people he always railed against when he was any good.
I mean, hasn't Eminem always been like this? He used to rap against Bush back in the day too. Seems strange that you would lose respect for him now.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, hasn't Eminem always been like this? He used to rap against Bush back in the day too. Seems strange that you would lose respect for him now.
It is weird for sure how TV/Media in general has always made fun of the presidents of past but Trump is off limits (now) because...why?

Show or summarize the lyrics in question.

a simple google search would have answered this, but ok:

he's usually got like 2 shock value/mainstream targeted songs on each album, that's always been how it is. i wouldn't take it too personally

haven't listened to the new album but i'm lukewarm on eminem. i listen to him while working out sometimes and his diss track of MGK last year was pretty good

I've only listened to a few tracks so far. Seems alright. To be honest, the last Em album that I really liked was Relapse. All the albums since have had great stuff (other than Revival) but I think Em has trouble putting albums together. He's one of the best technical rappers of all time and consistently entertains with his pure ability to spit, but the albums have been all over the place. I think he needs Dre to have a bigger hand in how the albums are put together

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
That was a considerably different situation, but I can understand why you would compare them. It's a loose comparison at best. He rapped against the Iraq war. The Trump thing on BET was an obvious attempt to score woke points and wasn't targeting any specific aspect of Trump, just the fact that he exists. For woke points.

Outlier

I dunno. The lyrics were too on the nose. It's just social political messaging.

Could've at least made the it mysterious.

But I guess when you've been in the game as long as him, you start to run out of fresh ideas.

INC

0vme14C.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
he's still good, experienced and tamed by time and family

disagree w / his gun control position, rather have more guns / time / citizen

TrainedRage

Banned
Remember when he used to rap about killing his Mom and murdering his child's mother?
Remember when he would make fun of "f*gs"?
Remember when he was too 3dgy4U?
Wonder what happened?

YCoCg

Remember when he used to rap about killing his Mom and murdering his child's mother?
Remember when he would make fun of "f*gs"?
Remember when he was too 3dgy4U?
Wonder what happened?
He grew up. Only so long you can act in that persona before it comes as cringey.

TrainedRage

Banned
He grew up. Only so long you can act in that persona before it comes as cringey.
So he became MORE cringey? Talking about moms spaghetti and hot coffee? Being mad at a guy who is mean (president Trump) cuz he is mean and says bad things? WTF happened to him? Seriously did he become religious or some shit or did he just realize he was on the chopping block so he changed his evil ways?

YCoCg

Talking about moms spaghetti and hot coffee? Being mad at a guy who is mean (president Trump) cuz he is mean and says bad things?
Those are like 17 years apart. And he also slated Clinton and Bush in his songs over the years, so I don't know why you're upset at him slating Trump.

YCoCg

So he grew up or not? He comes off as a whiney petulant teen who never got attention.

Depends on how you view growing up, but he's less about rapping about sex/rape/murdering people and more focused on insane word play and taking down anyone who challenges him lyrically.

TrainedRage

Banned
Depends on how you view growing up, but he's less about rapping about sex/rape/murdering people and more focused on insane word play and taking down anyone who challenges him lyrically.
So he was really pissed at coffee? And Trump challenged him? I can see that. Trump is pretty intimidating. Maybe Marshal should start writing books and hang up the mic...

YCoCg

So he was really pissed at coffee? And Trump challenged him? I can see that. Trump is pretty intimidating. Maybe Marshal should start writing books and hang up the mic...
You really seem hung up on the Trump stuff, were you just as angry when he insulted previous presidents?

TrainedRage

Banned
You really seem hung up on the Trump stuff, were you just as angry when he insulted previous presidents?
I dont remember him doing that. Depends on what he was criticizing them for. Yet I dont think MM has any legs to stand on calling out people. Considering his literal call for violence against women in his songs.

TrainedRage

Banned
Convenient.
You mean the song Mosh? being about the Iraq war? That was a Bush diss track? That was the most cringe shit I have ever seen lol. We gonna march through the marshes to mosh the box on the cox to the tops.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Because you seem angry that he dared to insult Trump whilst seemingly ignoring that he's mocked previous presidents, feels like you want to use it as an excuse to be angry about him in this thread.
Frankly I think he dropped off, him using speed rap while putting zero thought into the process is fucking tired. "Box, locks put on your socks and wash the rocks!" Isnt good rap. the insulting Trump during the coffee pot song was just the literal cherry on top of the shit sandwich. IDC about Trump or his feelings getting hurt, but watching Eminem try and diss him was actually so bad it was funny.

If you still like him good for you... Remember to tie a rope around your penis and jump from a tree so you can be just like meeeeeeeee!!!!

YCoCg

Frankly I think he dropped off, him using speed rap while putting zero thought into the process is fucking tired. "Box, locks put on your socks and wash the rocks!" Isnt good rap. the insulting Trump during the coffee pot song was just the literal cherry on top of the shit sandwich. IDC about Trump or his feelings getting hurt, but watching Eminem try and diss him was actually so bad it was funny.

If you still like him good for you... Remember to tie a rope around your penis and jump from a tree so you can be just like meeeeeeeee!!!!
Hey, you don't have to tell me about that, one of my favourite Eminem related things in years is this video:

Ememee

He grew up. Became a father. More well-adjusted. Not to say his modern views are “right” or “wrong”. Just the views of a cat in his late 40s (got damn: he and we are all gettin up there).

I think he was the better artist in his youth. Raw, unchained. But obviously a danger to himself and wreckless.

now he’s clean. Alive. But kind of corny.

we could all hope to adjust as such ❤️

Top Bottom