• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Endless Ocean 2 announced (in the most sneaky manner)

pakkit

Banned
camineet said:
Why Endless Ocean 2, and yet, no PilotWings ?
I very much suspect that the Wii Airplane game with be in Wii Sports Resort. If you compare the map for Wii Sports Resort's island and the island shown during the Airplane demo, they are practically identical.

maxmars

I approve of this news. :D

I wish there was some way to feed input to the developers, but the inclusion of non-salt waters sounds intriguing.

kizmah

Amir0x said:
Let's find ATLANTIS :O

That actually sounds like a great idea. I wouldn't mind a huge ruin, maybe complete with some mysterious creatures. The whole game could be built around the concept of finding that ruin. That would of course require finding of treasures, mysterious artifacts, sunken ships and whatnot.

Like you said, don't be affraid to get a bit silly with the story and still ground it in reality.

AMUSIX

Amir0x said:
+ Remove being forced to pet creatures three times on three separate trips to unlock all their info.
Always felt the three levels of info should be as follows:
level 1 - unlocked after basic observation/petting
level 2 - unlocked after observing the fish eating (either by bringing the right food, or seeing it naturally forage)
level 3 - unlocked after observing either mating or predator/prey reactions (your actions triggering the reaction)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
farnham said:
why the hell did they refuse to review this

shane bettenhausen was all over the PS3 version (Aquanaut holiday or something)

Because EGM is Sony swill.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
AMUSIX said:
Always felt the three levels of info should be as follows:
level 1 - unlocked after basic observation/petting
level 2 - unlocked after observing the fish eating (either by bringing the right food, or seeing it naturally forage)
level 3 - unlocked after observing either mating or predator/prey reactions (your actions triggering the reaction)

Some of the Abyss creatures did require certain non-regular ways to unlock more info about them - feeding and petting wouldn't do the trick, but drawing squiggles with the Light Pen thingy would make them happy as Larry.

... oh god, THE ABYSS! Please fuck no monsters in this one, arrgh. ;_;

Actually I would really like this to utilise MotionPlus, so that when you reach out to pet the fishies it'd actually follow the movement of your hand as you stroke the whale shark or whatnot. Simply waggling the Wiimote around wasn't all that fun, but if you could wave your hand around and maybe even influence the movement of the animal (say, waft it to the side and the fish would be gently pushed over that way if it was a li'l un) would be pretty amazing.

kinosama

Neo Member
I am really excited for this, the first game was a lot of fun and this is looking even better. For the record I did care that the humans looked like crap in EO, the deck sequences hurt my eyes and degraded the experience.

I hope the main character doesn't have that silly walk anymore.

Tab0203

To celebrate the announcement:

Endless Ocean - Montage

Music:
Cosmic Baby - The Universal Mind

Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean - False Killer Whale Ride
Endless Ocean - Night Dive
Endless Ocean - Dolphins
Endless Ocean - Dolphins 2
Endless Ocean - Penguins, Right Whale
Endless Ocean - Blue Whale
Endless Ocean - Sunken Ship
Endless Ocean - Manta Rays, Sunken Ship
Endless Ocean - Whale Shark
Endless Ocean - Whale Shark 2
Endless Ocean - Whale Shark Cutscene
Endless Ocean - Abyss
Endless Ocean - Abyss, Giant Squid, Sperm Whale
Endless Ocean - Abyss, Sperm Whale
Endless Ocean - Tricks
Endless Ocean - Seal
Endless Ocean - Seal 2
Endless Ocean - Manta Ray
Endless Ocean - Right Whale
Endless Ocean - Pirate Ship, Sunken Ship
Endless Ocean - Killer Whale
Endless Ocean - Killer Whale 2
Endless Ocean - Nomura's Jellyfish
Endless Ocean - Killer Whale Tricks
Endless Ocean - Great White Shark

24e6we1.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9217586#post9217586

Music:
Trance Dream
Basic Instinct OST
Enya
Mozart
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 'Torvus Clockwork' - OverClocked ReMix
Jaws OST
Mario 64 - Dire Dire Docks
Mario Galaxy - Gateway Galaxy
Twilight Princess - Queen Rutela
Twilight Princess - Hidden Village
RE4 - credits
Perfect Dark OST - Chicago
HL OST
HL2 OST

stewacide

YES YES YES!!!

I got every last drop of gameplay out of the original at +80 hours. FANTASTIC experience. I can't wait for this!!!

My Wii will be collecting dust until this is out.

stewacide

re: improvements, PHOTOGRAPHY PHOTOGRAPHY PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

As the very least, let me transfer my photos to my PC!!! I'd still be playing it if this was possible!!!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
hamzik said:
No news whatsoever on this one? :( Why can't they sneak out some new screens Nintendo-style? Anything...

Why bump a old thread ? If there were any news i think someone would have posted it xD

stuminus3

ProfessorLobo said:
My wishes

+ Less fish petting.
+ 32 player online.
+ Instead of having to pet the fish, how about shooting them instead?
+ More aggressive fish that can eat the player alive if they don't defend themselves.
+ Several different caliber of firearms.
+ More armor types to protect against carnivorous fish.
+ The ability to find gold to buy things like guns and armor.
:lol

Recently been spending some time with the first game, after months of being scared of it. Turns out it's totally awesome.

What really sucks is your average Joe doesn't know the difference between this and, say, Big Beach Sports or something like that (apparently EGM didn't get it either, haha). This is the type of game that suffers in the "sea" of shovelware, I think.

Endless Ocean = faith in the videogame medium restored.

AColdDay

Me and my wife always held out hope that a sequel to endless ocean would eventually come. Now, all we need is an Excite Truck sequel and Nintendo to greenlight a new Baten Kaitos and everything will be great.

d+pad

I really hope NOA bring this to the US this year. The first was an amazing experience and I can only imagine how they'll improve upon it in a sequel.

I do hope NOA doesn't fuck it up this time by not marketing it. I think the first was a HUGE lost opportunity for them. With the right ads and message, I think casuals would gobble this up.

kizmah

cw_sasuke said:
Why bump a old thread ? If there were any news i think someone would have posted it xD

I can't start a new thread just to express my disaponintment with there being no news on this title.

slaughterking said:
What a horrible bump. ;_;

Thanks for helping out.

I love sea life, but never bought this game...

I looked at some videos just now and I want it ;_; I can't believe how accurate the animals look! :eek:

And now I want the sequel...

I'm definitely going to buy the EO now when I get the chance. Actually, I love facts--facts are awesome, so is there a log book in the game about the different kinds of sea life?

stuminus3

dragonlife29 said:
I'm definitely going to buy the EO now when I get the chance. Actually, I love facts--facts are awesome, so is there a log book in the game about the different kinds of sea life?
Yep.

CTLance

dragonlife29 said:
'm definitely going to buy the EO now when I get the chance. Actually, I love facts--facts are awesome, so is there a log book in the game about the different kinds of sea life?
Yeah, and you need to make friends with a creature three times to see the full log. Each time unlocks a little bit more.

Top Bottom