• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enlisted |OT| Fox Makes Stripes The TV Series – Fridays 9:30/8:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same and to give up drinking sodas.

24nmdjlhmo4y.gif

Whooter

Watched the pilot this evening and enjoyed it greatly. Made my wife laugh out loud a few times, and she's tough to please.

Hope it sticks around despite the not-so-great ratings...

TheOddOne

Already posted above, but doing it again for the sadeness.

- THR: TV Ratings: 'Enlisted' Opens Low, 'Shark Tank' Leads Friday by Wide Margin
Fox launched new comedy Enlisted at 9:30 p.m. with a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49. While low, it was even with the last showing of Raising Hope in the same half-hour and held much of the 9 p.m. Raising Hope (0.8 adults) lead-in. At 8 p.m., Bones (1.5 adults) was down by two-tenths. The network pulled a 1.1 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.7 million viewers.

mm04

Dangit ratings. I just watched the Pilot on demand and I enjoyed it. I thought it was funny. Plus, Keith David always cracks me up.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 1: episode 2 "Randy Get Your Gun"

Derrick helps a dejected Randy develop a new mindset in order to pass his marksmanship test, while Pete and Jill set out to determine who's the better soldier by competing in a series of unorthodox challenges.

demolitio

This was one of the shows I knew would most likely only last one season but I'd enjoy it anyway. The pilot seemed to reenforce that.

I just wish the real military was that fun. I would have loved to play paintball against the Italians!

Hope it gets better and better each week.

Linius

The drilling line from Randy was good :lol

Loved the cook off scene. But the Toy Story scene made me cringe, that was just so bad.

For now I'll keep watching, it's not great but it's not bad either.

ivysaur12

Banned
My buddy Jeff wrote last night's episode.

Didn't really love Pete/Perez's story, but the Randy and Derrick stuff was really well done. Parker Young has some incredible comedic timing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I kinda sorta enjoyed that episode. There are parts of this show that work and parts that don't. I hope they can figure out which is which before the series gets cancelled. I'm honestly sort of surprised that it's received the types of reviews that it has, at this point.

Loved the cook off scene. But the Toy Story scene made me cringe, that was just so bad.

The Cook Off was really fun and I agree with you that the Toy Story stuff was painfully unfunny.

Linius

That A- it got from AV club surprised me a lot. With their rating system I would be more along the lines of a C+ I guess.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Sepinwall:
The idea, it seems, is to see if "Enlisted" will do any better airing after "Bones" than "Raising Hope" has. Last week, for instance, "Bones" drew 6.81 million viewers and a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49. "Raising Hope" plunged from that to 2.51 million viewers and a 0.7 demo rating, which in turn led to "Enlisted" attracting only 2.03 million viewers and a 0.6 in the demo.

"Raising Hope" is a very funny show in its own right, but it's been around a while; it's not going to grow its audience at this point, especially on Fridays. While the odds are that the "Bones" audience is just going to tune to another channel at 9, at a minimum this gives the new show a much stronger lead-in to encourage sampling.

That FOX is trying anything at all with "Enlisted" is encouraging, since the numbers for the first couple of weeks were so poor the network's execs could have easily thrown up their hands. Instead, they seem to realize they put a good show in a tough spot and are trying to improve the situation. Ideally, it would be on Tuesdays with "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," but with "Glee" moving there, Tuesday real estate is all but impossible to come by for the rest of the season.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 1: episode 3 "Pete's Airstream"

Pete keeps to himself, at least that's what he tries to do as he reacclimates to life in the States, but keeping his distance from his brothers and the platoon proves nearly impossible.

Good god that joke at the end is probably the biggest laugh I remember having from a tv comedy.
Had to rewind like 4 times.

sadly im enjoying this more than Community this season and that has been great.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The CGI alligator in the opening is hilarious, as was the rest of the episode. Best one so far and the first one that I really enjoyed all the way through.

The dude howling the national anthem and then falling into a sinkhole was fucking hilarious!

Fox should just move Glee to Fridays and Enlisted to Tuesdays.

anaron

Did not expect the sinkhole moment at all. So good. That and the girls bonding stuff was awesome.

I'm liking mostly everything about the show but the "emotional monologue" moments aren't doing much for me and are getting kinda irritating.

Yay at ratings!

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 1: episode 4 "Homecoming"

While trying to impress the girl he likes, Derrick accidentally promises to bring her son’s father home from war. Randy helps plan the sort of tear-soaked soldier reunion that he never had with his own father. Meanwhile, Pete and Jill must set aside their differences to lead the platoon in a game of flag football against the athletically superior Marines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom