• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN - UFC notified of potential Brock Lesnar doping violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

If it's confirmed he fought a cheat AGAIN he absolutely has grounds to ask for that. Whether you think he's worth it or not is irrelevant, if ufc feels that way they can release him.
I don't know if the UFC would release him. I doubt there's anything in the contract that would pertain to this.

If he decides to quit the UFC, he would likely be quitting MMA. He's 42, so maybe it's for the best.

Onemic

He is an in-competition body builder that is tested. He has always been jacked.

6kn8jwh.jpg

He's an in-competition bodybuilder. That automatically means he's on the juice.

HarryKS

You don't come in at 262 pounds when your body fat percentage is that low and you have so little water retention. It's insane.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So...dumb question. But why do athletes keep doping? They aren't getting away with it anymore, and they continue to do it. Someone explain to me. I am seriously confused why they keep taking the dumbass risk.

USADA has only been testing the UFC recently (about a year), before that the UFC had their own protocols. Seems like athletes just thought that since they fooled the old testing, USADA wouldn't be that difficult.

Onemic

So...dumb question. But why do athletes keep doping? They aren't getting away with it anymore, and they continue to do it. Someone explain to me. I am seriously confused why they keep taking the dumbass risk.

Most get away with it in any sport not named the UFC. If your job is to be as competitive as possible, youre going to try and do everything you can to increase your chances of winning. That includes doping. It makes perfect sense, especially when most sports have shit testing.

Anticol

Banned
He is an in-competition body builder that is tested. He has always been jacked.

6kn8jwh.jpg

Pretty much every body builder have been on steroids, stop being so naive, if you lifted at all you would know how hard is to look like that by natural means.

FStop7

Banned
When I saw how red Brock's body looked at the end of the fight I thought about posting about this: I seriously wondered if he was using a drug to increase his oxygen transport, something like EPO. This is completely tales from my ass, but it absolutely crossed my mind.

Kuroyume

Banned

WWE was honoring Daniel Bryan who had retired from werestling that night due to concussion-related health issues. As Vince was exiting the stage a wrestler by the name of Titus O'Neil grabbed on to him in a playful manner but Vince didn't react to it too nicely. It was the wrong time to horse around as they were trying to honor Bryan, and Vince getting pulled liked that as the show ended did not look good. Titus was suspended from wrestling for a while and even missed Wrestlemania.

VoxPop

It's a violation to use roids in the WWE? Isn't that like a soap star not being allowed to use Botox?

I don't really think they're really worried about someone being able to moonsault higher than another but more along the lines of them looking bad to the media.

Soodanim

Gold Member
WWE was honoring Daniel Bryan who had retired from werestling that night due to concussion-related health issues. As Vince was exiting the stage a wrestler by the name of Titus O'Neil grabbed on to him in a playful manner but Vince didn't react to it too nicely. It was the wrong time to horse around as they were trying to honor Bryan, and Vince getting pulled liked that as the show ended did not look good. Titus was suspended from wrestling for a while and even missed Wrestlemania.
Oh wow. Bad form, Titus.

Thanks

UberTag

I'd heard he had been tested 6 times before the fight. I thought steroids stayed in your system a decent amount of time, unlike stuff like Coke that's gone in a day (and they don't test for abuse drugs except for the day of the fight). How did he fail only 1 test?
USADA kinda sucks at this
Of course they do. Their performance hasn't been enhanced.
What needs to happen is that the USADA testers all need to get on PEDs so they'll be able to test more competently.

He killed himself, and murdered his wife and child due to head trauma and steroid abuse.
I blame the head trauma and repeated concussions more than the pain killer addiction.
So does the WWE which is why they forcibly retired Daniel Bryan from the sport despite no drug abuse history of any kind.

OrochiJR

Gold Member
For those wondering if Brock will perform on Summerslam due to this potential violation.

Does anyone believe the WWE will test guys like Brock, The Rock, Taker, Triple H or probably even Cena? Those guys are above the rest of the roster in standing and importance to the company and most likely exempt to the tests. If Brock or the Rock got tested and popped they will simply say fuck this shit and walk away and Vince wouldn't want that.

UberTag

For those wondering if Brock will perform on Summerslam due to this potential violation.

Does anyone believe the WWE will test guys like Brock, The Rock, Taker, Triple H or probably even Cena? Those guys are above the rest of the roster in standing and importance to the company and most likely exempt to the tests. If Brock or the Rock got tested and popped they will simply say fuck this shit and walk away and Vince wouldn't want that.
The issue with Brock and Summerslam has less to do with what the WWE's throwaway response is and more to do with the New York State Athletic Commission still regulating pro wrestling and potentially upholding the punishment laid out by their peers in Nevada. Of course, the WWE would simply respond by moving the Orton-Lesnar match to Clash of Champions in Indianapolis the next month.

JustinBB7

Yea just like Roman... oh wait

WWE does play around with it of course but they just flagged their top guy so. Think they have more space to fuck around with part timers. All guys you named besides Cena are part time.

entremet

No idea why the UFC submitted themselves to USADA testing.

Just turn a blind eye like all the other major sports leagues do. Testing is a joke and mostly done for PR purposes, but everyone knows pro athletes are on PEDs.

Come the fuck on. Remove your blinders.

bigkrev

The guy they have been trying to make the next Cena for the last 2 years is currently serving a suspension for drugs. And they are using this suspension as a way to garner sympathy for him, so it's not like they have given up on him

They only test guys at events so they obviously aren't testing Taker more than once a year (he's on very few shows), but Brock works 25 or so dates a year so they have the opportunity to test him 2 or 3 times a year

NYR

Pretty much every body builder have been on steroids, stop being so naive, if you lifted at all you would know how hard is to look like that by natural means.
lol, way to judge like you know me. Stop being so naive.

No idea why the UFC submitted themselves to USADA testing.

Just turn a blind eye like all the other major sports leagues do. Testing is a joke and mostly done for PR purposes, but everyone knows pro athletes are on PEDs.

Come the fuck on. Remove your blinders.

I think it's a little different for the UFC as the combative nature of the sport adds a layer of danger from it's athletes enhancing themselves and inflicting more damage on their opponents.

Couleurs

It's a violation to use roids in the WWE? Isn't that like a soap star not being allowed to use Botox?

They've been toying around with steroid testing for a while, starting in the 90s when the company was under government scrutiny due to rampant steroid use. It kind of died off for a while, then came back when a bunch of wrestlers died in a fairly short period of time largely due to drug/steroid use (Eddie Guerrero, etc). The WWE is a publicly traded company now, so they have to pretend to care about the wellbeing of the wrestlers now.

fauxtrot

Banned
As someone who doesn't follow UFC, how much worse does this get for him now that he's failed two tests rather than just the first out-of-competition one?

As someone who doesn't follow UFC, how much worse does this get for him now that he's failed two tests rather than just the first out-of-competition one?

This positive drug test will likely be lumped into the previous one as a single potential anti-doping violation. According to the UFC's anti-doping policy, two positive tests could be considered aggravating circumstances, which could lead to further sanctioning. In-competition is considered the 12-hour window before and after a fight.

nilbog21

Banned
Guys I was doing some research and could not find a straight answer to this. If he tested positive on June 28th did the UFC just cover it up and let him fight? I'm confused..

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Guys I was doing some research and could not find a straight answer to this. If he tested positive on June 28th did the UFC just cover it up and let him fight? I'm confused..

No. Tests usually take a week or two to process.

scabro

tests take a long time to come back

test was on 28th, results didnt come back until later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom