• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200 - Possible violation of anti doping policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Jones got flagged for 2 substances

he could get 4 years

CmyBXzXXYAAlw1a.jpg:large

Anticol

Banned
Cheating isn't worth it and you will get caught, which is why I'm surprised if anyone cheats on purpose.

This has to be the most naive things I've read on neogaf, athletes have been cheating for centuries and a lot of them are not caught at all, some pretty famous and regarded as legends on their sports. I bet you are one of the people who still believe Lance Armstrong didn't cheat hahaha

zewone

Of course, but the thing is, regardless there are many fighters using PED's in the UFC right now. There are plenty willing to take the risk.

But the thing is, if you are willing to invest some time and money into finding a supplement that is already tainted you can now take your risk from a 2 year ban all the way down to 6 months.

I'm sorry but that is woefully naive

this is adorable

This has to be the most naive things I've read on neogaf, athletes have been cheating for centuries and a lot of them are not caught at all, some pretty famous and regarded as legends on their sports. I bet you are one of the people who still believe Lance Armstrong didn't cheat hahaha
Perhaps I should have worded that better.

I meant I find it surprising anyone would cheat on purpose because you will get caught and it's not worth it.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Random CBSSports video, and Rashad Evans drops that he heard from Jon's camp that it was estrogen blockers.

Perhaps I should have worded that better.

I meant I find it surprising anyone would cheat on purpose because you will get caught and it's not worth it.

You won't always get caught, and in a lot of cases, by the time you do you've already got all the fame and money you ever wanted anyway. Cheating is absolutely worth it for a lot of pro athletes. It's the difference between millions of dollars and nothing, what do you think most people would do? Do you think most people give a shit about integrity when their lively hood is on the line?

zewone

As an athlete you're responsible for what's in your body, whether you took it on purpose or "by accident" like they all seem to. A positive test is a positive test, whether the drugs got in your system because you were cheating or because you were careless and stupid doesn't matter.
There's a huge difference from cheating to an accident.
Dana White tries to salvage one of his biggest stars, what do you expect him to do?
It's impossible to argue against a conspiracy theory.

As an athlete you're responsible for what's in your body, whether you took it on purpose or "by accident" like they all seem to. A positive test is a positive test, whether the drugs got in your system because you were cheating or because you were careless and stupid doesn't matter.

Didn't KNOWINGLY take the substance is the older and still lamest scapegoat.

Ok, so if this substance is in other things than the pill you specifically take when going off steroids, the maybe Bones purposefully took it from another source. I mean FFS, 'accidentally' ruining your owe credibility is still not a good look.

nilbog21

Banned
Jones 100% cheated. But the people want him to come back more than they care about him cheating. People dont realize that literally every performance athlete is taking PEDs, and this step is the UFC realizing they actually didn't want Novitzsky...

Jones 100% cheated. But the people want him to come back more than they care about him cheating. People dont realize that literally every performance athlete is taking PEDs, and this step is the UFC realizing they actually didn't want Novitzsky...

If Cormier is on PEDs he needs to ask for his money back after the way he looked against Anderson.

What would it take for you to believe he didn't cheat?

Seems like there's nothing he could do to sway the opinion of people who have already made up their minds.

The majority of professional athletes in every single sport on earth are doping. Over 50% in every sport at the highest level.

Combine that with popping for Estrogen blockers, and no frankly. There is no doubt in my mind he juiced. Which I don't even care about except for the fact its against the rules. IMO they should all be able to use steroids and HGH and EPO. But as long as this stuff is illegal Jones and other athletes should probably either stay away from them or get better undetectable stuff.

Hjod

Banned
Oops I took some estrogen blockers by accident. Not suspicious at all when you've gained alot of mass at the same time you train 2-3 days a day without even gaining any fat at all. Yeah right.

UPDATE: The verdict is in. 1 year suspension retroactive to July 6th. Contaminated sexual enhancement pill. He'll be back next summer to get his belt back from Daniel.

Remf

Hopefully he learned his lesson by not taking dick pills given by a friend, but I doubt it. This sucks because I really enjoy seeing him fight in the cage.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Jon Boneless Jones

I see Jones controlling Rumble like he controlled OSP*. Main difference is he will probably take Rumble down and finish him.

Added an asterix, as all his fights should.

Without steroids? We'll have to wait and see.

He will likely still run a combo of GH and peptides like IGF-1/GRHP-6/cjc-1295, for recovery because the detection windows are so short even when GH bleeding. He can still get away with using test sus. like most athletes. It's risky but they aren't tested from 11pm-6am nor back to back in a short time span. The PCT is the tricky part as it has a longer half life and blaming it on a "dick pill" is the easy way out of not being a "cheat", without metabolites showing in a blood test. If you look a Jimbo's past drug tests his t/e ratios were fucking way beyond normal, his test levels were that of someone with hypogonadism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom