• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200 - Possible violation of anti doping policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
patrick-cummins-ufc-170-video.jpg
The true rematch we have all been waiting for. He made DC cry a decade ago.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Well. Brock is exempt from some of the tests because he's been out of competition. Mark Hunt has said a few times that this will mean Brock is "juiced to the gills." And it is and will be obvious that he is. This sucks for the card as a whole. The Brock fight has no importance to it. Frankie and Aldo albeit being a great fight has no importance to it. The card is suddenly looking a lot less unattractive.

Normally athletes are tested 4 months out at a minimum, Brock got the exemption for that. Jones failed his test from a sample taken on the 16th, Brock announced his comeback on the 6th. If Brock and Jones were doing the exact same shit, Brock would have been caught too.

I'm not sure how PEDs work with probation. If it was coke then yeah, he gone.

Not coke, that's not tested for out of competition, which is what the 16th of June is considered.

People will bag him for not having Connor in there. But Connor refused to promote a fight that nobody wanted but him and he had to pull all his muscle to get.

Conor didn't want to promote this fight in April. How much promotion did Brock do in April, and May? Conor has always said he was willing to do promos as a lead-up to the fight, he just didn't want to do shit 3 months out. I kinda agree with him, it seems like the casuals didn't care about UFC200 until the Bork announcement and that was a month ago only. The die-hards who follow the sport don't need to see the press anyway.

So for a fight in July, who is press in April targeting? The casuals don't care. the die-hards already know.

Normally athletes are tested 4 months out at a minimum, Brock got the exemption for that. Jones failed his test from a sample taken on the 16th, Brock announced his comeback on the 6th. If Brock and Jones were doing the exact same shit, Brock would have been caught too.

Not coke, that's not tested for out of competition, which is what the 16th of June is considered.

Conor didn't want to promote this fight in April. How much promotion did Brock do in April, and May? Conor has always said he was willing to do promos as a lead-up to the fight, he just didn't want to do shit 3 months out. I kinda agree with him, it seems like the casuals didn't care about UFC200 until the Bork announcement and that was a month ago only. The die-hards who follow the sport don't need to see the press anyway.

So for a fight in July, who is press in April targeting? The casuals don't care. the die-hards already know.

But they have to take pictures! Because, you know, the technology to photoshop to dudes into the same picture without them actually having to be near each other doesn't exist yet.

He acts like he's guilty but he's not claiming it.

Neither of them look like they believe what they are saying.

Jon just walked out. Wonder if it is the last time we see him as a UFC fighter

Jones is behaving so fucking guilty.

Jones just ran from the press conference

Yeah it's pretty damn obvious he's guilty. They are gonna try to wrangle their way out of this but the dude straight up looks guilty as hell

Fox318

Jones just said he was taking something he didn't think was a PED.

He has to be on a cocktail of drugs then.

phaonaut

But they have to take pictures! Because, you know, the technology to photoshop to dudes into the same picture without them actually having to be near each other doesn't exist yet.

The conor fight sucks, the only good thing about it is the build up and the story. If he doesn't want to do the media related to it, then the fight makes even less sense.

Also the amount of media (youtube series) being put out up to fight week has been great.

Better than Reems defense of he went in for a rib xray and they accidentally injected him with horse steroids.

Same guy manages Jones, Reem, and Yoel

Yep. Wouldn't even be surprised if slimeball Malki somehow gets his ban cut down from 2 years. This dude got freaking Yoel off the hook of all people

The Beard

He's got such a shitty attitude. Up there smiling, "Good will come from this."

What are you even talking about dude? Do you say this everytime you fuck up? Sooner than later, you're going to run out of chances to prove you're not a complete piece of shit and you'll be cast aside, and your money making days will be over.

The conor fight sucks, the only good thing about it is the build up and the story. If he doesn't want to do the media related to it, then the fight makes even less sense.

Also the amount of media (youtube series) being put out up to fight week has been great.

You don't really need 3 months of build up. Your average buyer only starts caring a couple weeks out.

zewone

There's no "problem" anymore. Jon Jones is a cunt and he's legitimately not the champion. Cormier fought and won that belt by beating the top guy (next to himself) in the rankings and has only ever lost to a doped up guy by decision.

Fuck anyone who thinks he's not a legitimate champion, really.

Unless it's proven he was a cheater, I don't think it's fair to start labeling him as such.

Guilty until proven innocent I suppose.

DC will always have an asterisk next to his legacy, but there's nothing he can do about it.

dreamfall

Well, it could be a Romero situation.

Still, how this man could fuck this up... Just disappointed. I don't understand why all those fans always boo Cormier, when Jones continuously presents himself as incapable of being professional.

darscot

That was the weirdest denial ever. Basically him just crying saying sorry and it is part of Gods plan. He knows he will be out for two years. Get the fuck out with this bullshit. The guy juiced and got caught and everyone on that stage knows it. They are just hoping for a miracle to get them out of it. If they had any suspicion that something shady happened with that sample they would have had someone on a plane the moment they got the call to document and watch all testing of the B sample. The fact they didn't seems obvious they know how it is going to come out.

NHale

Unless it's proven he was a cheater, I don't think it's fair to start labeling him as such.

Guilty until proven innocent I suppose.

Well in matter of fact it is exactly this... the USADA doesn't flag anyone if it's isn't proven that he had any illegal substance in his A sample. By the way the A sample was tested multiple times as it is required, so right now he's guilty because he tested positive for _______ via his A sample. So at this moment he is a cheater with all the facts we have now.

The question now is if he can prove he's innocent via his B sample but like he said today "doubt it will come clean". I wonder why...

DC will always have an asterisk next to his legacy, but there's nothing he can do about it.

Yes the asterisk is going to say "Lost to Jon Jones which was very likely on some PED when they fought".

darscot

I also love the I can't pronounce it defense. Jon you're a dumbass no every believed you would know the scientific name of the drug.

zewone

Well in matter of fact it is exactly this... the USADA doesn't flag anyone if it's isn't proven that he had any illegal substance in his A sample. By the way the A sample was tested multiple times as it is required, so right now he's guilty because he tested positive for _______ via his A sample. So at this moment he is a cheater with all the facts we have now.

The question now is if he can prove he's innocent via his B sample but like he said today "doubt it will come clean". I wonder why...

Yes the asterisk is going to say "Lost to Jon Jones which was very likely on some PED when they fought".
Yeah, I really don't buy the narrative you're writing.

If Jon had been cheating his whole career he would have been caught already. Something should have came up when he was tested positive for cocaine or during his testing during OSP.

As much as you want to write off his legacy, I'm not going to shit on the guys career. Tainted supplements is a real thing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Haha seriously. I get that Cormier would have a light not-his-fault asterisk back when it was Jones personal problems that kept him out of competition. But now with the PED stuff? I don't even see why he should be bothered about it -- other than the significant financial cost -- much less have an asterisk. And I'm not even saying Bones was on PEDs the whole time -- who knows really? though he lost all benefit of the doubt years ago -- just that I don't consider Cormier an asterisk champion.

hiryu

Yeah, I really don't buy the narrative you're writing.

If Jon had been cheating his whole career he would have been caught already. Something should have came up when he was tested positive for cocaine or during his testing during OSP.

As much as you want to write off his legacy, I'm not going to shit on the guys career. Tainted supplements is a real thing.

Except this was an out of comp test that he failed. Usada hasn't been testing the UFC for that long and their testing is much more strict. It's also very likely he didn't get a random out of competition test from Usada previously. It's not too hard to pass a test when you know it will be. Most ped users cycle them in the off season. This is why the nfl testing is a joke.

The out of competition random strict testing is the real reason the sport will get cleaned up.

zewone

Except this was an out of comp test that he failed. Usada hasn't been testing the UFC for that long and their testing is much more strict. It's also very likely he didn't get a random out of competition test from Usada previously. It's not too hard to pass a test when you know it will be. Most ped users cycle them in the off season. This is why the nfl testing is a joke.

The out of competition random strict testing is the real reason the sport will get cleaned up.

Except he's on the list of most tested USADA fighters. Again, I'm not buying he's been cheating his whole career.

r6NQJ5Z.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom