• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rates Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception for Vita

Saphirax

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search....: Mask of Deception&platformsCriteria=PS Vita

Guess it's finally happening?

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (PS3/PS4/Vita) is a visual novel/srpg game and a sequel to Utawarerumono which is a PC/PSP/PS2 game.

Here's the special movie gameplay trailer
rnPpllu.jpg

Dio

Banned
Fuck yes.

Why not the PS4 version though? I get the feeling that it would outsell the Vita version by far.

Cornbread78

Will definitely buy this. Hopefully the ending is better than the anime, or they at least give me a route to a better ending.

Ekid

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ujejxjjfjkqohgubdjdkqkjbdjjjsalqlxjjdjzkojcjjzjxkkzjdkjxkwkdkxjakpaslxjcudjsnwijsjdkdnkdkdjkdjd.

Yes !

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Wow it's actually getting localized? I remember playing the original Utawarerumono game on PC years ago and I will definitely pick this up in the future.

Saphirax

I've heard through the grapevine that the VN is a lot better than the anime, which I why I've wanted to play it so much.

The anime isn't that good from what I read, but this game is also a sequel :/. I'm still glad we're getting this and (hopefully) the third game, but it's a bummer that there's no feasible way to get the first one.

I must stay in control of myself, I must not freak out.

I NEVER expected in a million years this would come over. Ever. I remember laughing with people a while back at the very notion of this being localized. Absolutely loved the anime of the first game. Anime of the second game was...disappointing but I still enjoyed most of it.

The anime isn't that good from what I read, but this game is also a sequel :/. I'm still glad we're getting this and (hopefully) the third game, but it's a bummer that there's no feasible way to get the first one.

I should clarify that the anime of the first game is actually really good and people should watch it. It's the sequel that was disappointing. There's also a fan TL of the first game iirc.

It's 'decent', but a disappointment when compared to the original that had all these huge strategy war drama.

Dio

Banned
I should clarify that the anime of the first game is actually really good and people should watch it. It's the sequel that was disappointing. There's also a fan TL of the first game iirc.

Yeah, I must have played the fan TL of the original Utawarerumono like eight or nine years ago by now. It's been around forever.

Considering the publisher is listed as Sega, I guess this would deconfirm the rumour that there was bad blood between Atlus US and AquaPlus.

Cornbread78

Correct. Same world, different storylines, with some tie-ins.

Original:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/856/Utawarerumono?q=utawar

Second:
(Utawarerumono: The False Faces)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30901/Utawarerumono__Itsuwari_no_Kamen?q=utawar

This game is based off the second series. The anime had an incomplete abrupt ending that ruined what should have been the OTP, but nope, for "reasons..."

So is this like standalone title even doe it's a sequel?

Yes, you don't need to play the original to play this game story wise.

I doubt the ending is different but you know there's a third game right?

Anyway day 1.

Yeah, but who knows if we get that one; I wasn't expecting this one at all!

I'm guessing releasing this version in the West is a test to see if there would be interest?

Saphirax

Correct. Same world, different storylines, with some tie-ins.

Original:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/856/Utawarerumono?q=utawar

Second:
(Utawarerumono: The False Faces)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30901/Utawarerumono__Itsuwari_no_Kamen?q=utawar

This game is based off the second series. The anime had an incomplete abrupt ending that ruined what should have been the OTP, but nope, for "reasons..."

Yes, you don't need to play the original to play this game story wise.

Yeah, but who knows if we get that one; I wasn't expecting this one at all!

I'm guessing releasing this version in the West is a test to see if there would be interest?

Other people said you do need to play the original. I'm not sure anymore :p.

So this is the first part of the second Utawarerumono game, right?

Either way, eep. Wanted to try this series for agesss, can't believe it's finally coming.

Hope we get physical on Vita.

Saphirax

So this is the first part of the second Utawarerumono game, right?

Either way, eep. Wanted to try this series for agesss, can't believe it's finally coming.

Hope we get physical on Vita.

Yep. Also, according to VNDB it's 30-50 hours long, while the third game is 50+.

Mozendo

Oh sweet, I was playing the first game but I thought it was never coming west so I stopped.
Glad it's coming

Hexa

Yeeeessssss! So hyped. Thought that this could never happen, but it finally is. Is assume the third is a lock now too. This is so great. :D

Top Bottom