• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eternal Sonata / Trusty Bell PS3 & 360 comparison screencaps (56k go away)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
_leech_ said:
ic8jlt.jpg

At least PC is in there.

h3ro

borsdy said:
Thanks for the infosyea?

Sorry for my reaction, but I think Burnout Paradise is going to be the first third party game to support trophies. No way a Japanese dev would do the same.

The 360 was darker in one scene and another scene the PS3 had foliage and a blur effect on a light/sun rays. Other than that, it's a coin toss.

h3ro

borsdy said:
I've seen this sort of mind state twice before, why is this?

Some JPN devs just don't know how to work the online space (of which content patches such as Trophies are a part of), Namco Bandai are pretty much the worst offenders of this with the way they handled Katamari (release day 100KB keys to unlock content on disc), SCIV (ridiculous DLC charges for things like costumes, etc) and on and on.

I just think we won't be seeing any sort of patches for JPN developed games that have already been released, especially one that releases in Japan first followed by a worldwide release like Trusty Bell/ES. Until Sony mandates them (Probably now in effect) in all games, no reason for them to put the effort into a niche title that will sell to it's intended target, trophies or not...

Cdammen

Well I do see some differences in lightning and water reflection but I don't really give a damn. It's pointless making comparisons.

Brashnir

burgerdog said:
I didn't notice any difference other than small loss of detail on this shot in the ps3 version.

fn8xzm.png

PS3
5jteyt.png

I think the detail is still there, actually. Look at the pillar and you'll notice that there's a harder light on the 360 version that makes the normal mapped details on the bedpost more apparent.

thuway

I think Namco / Bandai might have made these changes intentionally. Even so, I already own the game on the 360, I just want to know if the script changes make the story bearable.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Eternal Sonata was a lovely, mature game.

Simple? Yes, the game was very linear and suffered from limited enemies and a very linear game but that's only a problem if you expected something with the budget of Final Fantasy.

As long as you can find a copy that's been discounted then I suggest anyone who likes RPGs and is willing to try something different give it a shot.

Mohonky

What's with the lighting in the PS3 version? It's non-existent in the doctor / chopin scene and harsh as in the sewer scene....

Witchfinder General said:
Eternal Sonata was a lovely, mature game.

Simple? Yes, the game was very linear and suffered from limited enemies and a very linear game but that's only a problem if you expected something with the budget of Final Fantasy.

As long as you can find a copy that's been discounted then I suggest anyone who likes RPGs and is willing to try something different give it a shot.
I suppose if you call the generic 12 year olds you play as as "mature."

"Mature" is something like ... I don't know, the Shin Megami Tensei games.

The lighting coming through the opening on the right in those sewer shots looks off. It looks much harsher and defined on the ps3 version, and more realistic in the 360 version.

Anywho, I can't wait for this game. Chopin ftw.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Look at the waterfall in the first pic, lighting is better on 360 version. Doesn't really matter much though.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
ZephyrFate said:
I suppose if you call the generic 12 year olds you play as as "mature."

"Mature" is something like ... I don't know, the Shin Megami Tensei games.

Except the characters were facets of Chopin's personality and represented different elements of himself as he grappled with the concept of death.

How many games intersperse detailed excerpts of a noted musician's life between chapters whilst playing hauntingly beautiful classical music?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Except the characters were facets of Chopin's personality and represented different elements of himself as he grappled with the concept of death.
I never knew Chopin had a loli side.

How many games intersperse detailed excerpts of a noted musician's life between chapters whilst playing hauntingly beautiful classical music?
And how many of them actually linked with the story more than a passing causality? This game could have been about some made up composer and interspersed details of their life and it would still work the same way. You're taking the link farther than it should be simply because it's Chopin.

The moments of his life were a welcome aside, but hardly the game unifying function that you imply it to be.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
icecream said:
I never knew Chopin had a loli side.

And how many of them actually linked with the story more than a passing causality? This game could have been about some made up composer and interspersed details of their life and it would still work the same way. You're taking the link farther than it should be simply because it's Chopin.

The moments of his life were a welcome aside, but hardly the game unifying function that you imply it to be.

I never said they were inexorably tied to the gameplay, rather it was a nice way of contrasting the more vanilla aspect of the JRPG.

Pachinko

So it has the same look as every 360 to ps3 port- that is the say if textures could be set at a quality level like a jpeg image, the 360 version is at 100% and the ps3 version is around 90%, almost imperceptible difference. PS3 version winds up looking a tiny bit softer because of that change and going by the dungeon screenshot, the lighting must have been handled a bit diffferently.

Virtually identical.

manzo

Seeing from the videos that are at yoda.dip, the PS3 version is missing the sparkling water effect and saving takes like half a minute.

Very nice port, almost identical.

hirokazu

NZNova said:
The green light coming through the doorway there is a bit weird looking in the second shot.
Looks like the the lighting in to doorway section isn't being rendered properly in the PS3 version and they never bothered to fix it.

manzo

hirokazu said:
Looks like the the lighting in to doorway section isn't being rendered properly in the PS3 version and they never bothered to fix it.

I don't blame them. All the missing effects are so scarce and unnoticeable.

Top Bottom