• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] MGSV, Amnesia Collection, more coming to PS+ next month

So how's MGSV for someone whose never played a Metal Gear game? I probably won't understand a single thing going on, but I doubt a MGS collection is coming to PS4 any time soon.

Edit: Nvm, answered in thread.

xrnzaaas

So how's MGSV for someone whose never played a Metal Gear game? I probably won't understand a single thing going on, but I doubt a MGS collection is coming to PS4 any time soon.

You won't understand anything from the storyline but it's a cool sandbox. Just don't try to 100% everything, because you'll bore yourself to death.

Zushin

You won't understand what's happening even if you played them all. Metal Gear games are.... odd to say the least.

ffvorax

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
Amnesia: Collection (PS4)
RIGS: Mechanised Combat League (PS Plus Bonus – PSVR Required)
That’s You (PS Plus Bonus – PlayLink)
Monster Jam Battlegrounds (PS3)
Hustle Kings (PS3)
Hue (PS Vita & PS4)
Sky Force Anniversary (PS Vita & PS4)

Already played both the PS4 games, don't care anymore about PS3 games.
PSVITA games looks terrible.

The PS4 games are good, so It's a decent month but not for me... but that's ok, I still am trying to clear my backlog... :p

BadWolf

You will of course miss out on a lot by not knowing the story, the characters and the previous games.

The game closes the loop on the series extremely well but you have to know about most of the previous games (even the two very first ones from the 90s ) for it to have the proper effect on you.

I love MGSV's story and characters so would suggest playing it after the others but if that isn't an option then there are still tons of great cutscenes and moments for you to enjoy and the gameplay is sublime, easily one of the best playing and feeling games ever made.

You won't understand what's happening even if you played them all. Metal Gear games are.... odd to say the least.

Not at all, I understood everything in MGSV just fine. It's so good.

Never paid for PS+ but I want to do it for Gran Turismo Sport, so getting MGSV as well is a sweet deal. If I get PS+ on my european account, can I also play online from my other region accounts on the same system?

Never paid for PS+ but I want to do it for Gran Turismo Sport, so getting MGSV as well is a sweet deal. If I get PS+ on my european account, can I also play online from my other region accounts on the same system?

Nope

PS+ is bound to your account, not your system

If it were different, you'd get the free games from every other region as well

Sony ain't that generous

Nope

PS+ is bound to your account, not your system

If it were different, you'd get the free games from every other region as well

You dont get the free games but you do get online. Unless they removed it recently.
I used my brothers psn account for a full year(eu) on a us account and it worked just fine. You can even play those games on your account as long as both the accounts are activated as primary

MazeHaze

Banned
Since there isn't a current amnesia thread I figured I would ask here.

I just got to Storage, which is super dark, but I'm out of oil. I have a bunch of tinder though.

Should I just restart and save my oil up? I could probably get back to this point in like 45 minutes now that I know what to do.

You dont get the free games but you do get online. Unless they removed it recently.
I used my brothers psn account for a full year(eu) on a us account and it worked just fine. You can even play those games on your account as long as both the accounts are activated as primary

Yes, I don't care about getting PS Plus stuff on my NA account, only multiplayer access. Thanks!

MazeHaze

Banned
Sucks for you, you're missing on the best gameplay in video games.
Is it a lot like Ground Zeroes?

I loved mgs 1 thru 4, but I got Ground Zeroes on release and kind of hated it. Lost interest quickly and felt like I'd wasted 20 dollars. Back then everyone was raving about the gameplay but it seemed kind of shitty imo. Tried to force myself to do a couple of the side objectives after I did the story missions, but boy do I remember not being even slightly motivated.

BigEmil

Yes, I don't care about getting PS Plus stuff on my NA account, only multiplayer access. Thanks!
If you got PS+ on your NA account you can still download the games from that and play the games on your EU account, and vice versa, it's working fine here

BadWolf

Is it a lot like Ground Zeroes?

I loved mgs 1 thru 4, but I got Ground Zeroes on release and kind of hated it. Lost interest quickly and felt like I'd wasted 20 dollars. Back then everyone was raving about the gameplay but it seemed kind of shitty imo. Tried to force myself to do a couple of the side objectives after I did the story missions, but boy do I remember not being even slightly motivated.

Depends on what you hated about it.

TPP is open world which changes the dynamics of the gameplay a lot and you have a lot more tools at your disposal (from weapons to vehicles and the excellent buddy system).

Just make sure to listen to all the tapes from GZ before moving on to TPP (they are available on youtube).

If you set the European account as primary it should work.

Awesome, thanks again for all the help. Definitely getting EU PS Plus this month then.

Not sure we're all on the same page here. Metallic makes it sound like you can have online on two accounts with one PS+ account. That would be awesome.

However, the only thing that's allowed afaik is being able to play games bought on another region account on your PS+ account. The other, non PS+ account doesn't register as an online-enabled account, does it? So if you're logged into the non PS+ account, you don't get online. But the games bought on a non PS+ account can be played on your PS+ account.

Are you saying you can get 'free' online if you're logged into the second, non PS+ account?

BadWolf

Not sure we're all on the same page here. Metallic makes it sound like you can have online on two accounts with one PS+ account. That would be awesome.

However, the only thing that's allowed afaik is being able to play games bought on another region account on your PS+ account. The other, non PS+ account doesn't register as an online-enabled account, does it? So if you're logged into the non PS+ account, you don't get online. But the games bought on a non PS+ account can be played on your PS+ account.

Are you saying you can get 'free' online if you're logged into the second, non PS+ account?

My main account is Canadian, I created a US and a JP account to play KOF in those regions.

All three accounts have access to online, only the Canadian one has PS+.

For a bit when I lost my job and PS+ ran out my brother said set his account as primary on my console.
I did so and was able to play online.

My main account is Canadian, I created a US and a JP account to play KOF in those regions.

All three accounts have access to online, only the Canadian one has PS+.

For a bit when I lost my job and PS+ ran out my brother said set his account as primary on my console.
I did so and was able to play online.

So all accounts on the primary console are online-enabled....Sweet!

The more you know.

Oh wow I thought that games list was for the EU only, nice to see it's the exact same for the USA as well!

Downloading MGSV and the rest of the games now.

So, I played MGS1 when it was new, loved it, didn't own a PS2 or PS3 so have missed everything since (my GF has the HD collection, so I'd like to catch up) but I have a vague notion of where the storylines have gone, don't own Ground Zeroes. Should I... play TPP?

If you think MGSV has the greatest gameplay in video games...you're missing out on some really cool shit that I won't tell you about it. Sucks for you man im sorry
This sounds like a child posting.

V is a disappointment to me personally but I can't deny its smooth as hell gameplay.

BadWolf

So, I played MGS1 when it was new, loved it, didn't own a PS2 or PS3 so have missed everything since (my GF has the HD collection, so I'd like to catch up) but I have a vague notion of where the storylines have gone, don't own Ground Zeroes. Should I... play TPP?

Sure, but you'll get a lot more out of it if you go through the rest of the series first.

GZ and TPP are a part of one whole.

Popsickles

Anyone know if the physical edition save of MgsV will work with the digital edition as I never finished it but sold it and don't want to start from scratch

It doesn't look like the Amnesia Collection is on the NZ store, which sucks. There's no replacement PS+ game up though, so I have no idea what they're doing.

Top Bottom