• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] MGSV, Amnesia Collection, more coming to PS+ next month

____

lQSkbk0.gif

Has anyone ever questioned this guy about his hairline?

Surely there’s a viable reason he hasn’t just shaved it bald.

jf DOOM

I'm actually looking forward to Monster Jam the most. My 4 year old loves monster trucks and we had a great time with Crush It on PS4.

I haven't played a Metal Gear since NES so is this going to make any sense to me at all?

Psyched about Amnesia though. Perfect October selection.

The story barely makes sense for those of us who've played all of them.

Only things you need to really know going in: You play as Big Boss who was the original BAMF in the Metal Gear series who caught a cold and now sounds like Keifer Sutherland.

If you've had Plus for awhile, you probably already have the first chapter Ground Zeroes which you should play as it's a bit of setup... but even that isn't really necessary.

data

I already have MGSV and both Amnesia games on PC. That's the first time I have all PS4 offerings on PS+

The story barely makes sense for those of us who've played all of them.

Only things you need to really know going in: You play as Big Boss who was the original BAMF in the Metal Gear series who caught a cold and now sounds like Keifer Sutherland.

If you've had Plus for awhile, you probably already have the first chapter Ground Zeroes which you should play as it's a bit of setup... but even that isn't really necessary.

The weapon customisation is really awesome.

Not Drake

I have a love/hate relationship with MGSV, but I can't deny it's a fantastic game. I'm pretty happy with Amnesia Collection as I've never played these. Sky Force looks cool too, even tho it seems pretty slow for my taste. Good month imo.

Both MGSV:GZ and MGSV:TPP were offered for free now while I paid full them full price plus the full priced DLCs while the whole pack costs much less in the Definitive Edition and was many times on sale. I really should have waited.
So that's it for the surprises they promised last month?
I was expecting they would offer the 2 extra movies + 2 extra PS NOW games of hoice like Tidus said especially when the price of PSN Plus rose.
I really hope they would offer that, or at least more PS4 games and finally ditch the PS3 games.

Dadasch

Uh huh, sure.

I think MGSV is the best game this generation, and I still think that platnium is lame as hell. Collecting animals and doing all of those repeated side ops missions is not fun.
Agreed. As good as the gameplay is...side-ops are boring as fuck. I played Phantom Pain at launch but couldn't get through these to platinum the game.

I'm very happy about the Amnesia Collection though!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't buy it.

Something bad will happen to PSN this month I know it.

It's impossible for a PS Plus offering to be this good.

Lol.

I don't particularly understand people saying it's "finally" a good month. Last few months we have got RIGS, Infamous, Child of Light, Just Cause 3, Until Dawn and Life is Strange along with a few decent smaller games. Considering they're not going to be giving away brand new AAA games I don't see how anybody can complain at PS+ games recently. Maybe some aren't for you but you can't please everybody all of the time.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Man, all this indie shit. No real games anymore, PS+ has really gone down the shitter.

Pretty cool month! Been wanting to try out MGSV, but not enough to buy it.

Rellik

I don't particularly understand people saying it's "finally" a good month. Last few months we have got RIGS, Infamous, Child of Light, Just Cause 3, Until Dawn and Life is Strange along with a few decent smaller games. Considering they're not going to be giving away brand new AAA games I don't see how anybody can complain at PS+ games recently. Maybe some aren't for you but you can't please everybody all of the time.

You just answered your own question at the end. Not everyone is into those games or may own them already.

Until Dawn is the only game you mentioned that I cared about. The rest I already played or didn't care about.

Uh huh, sure.

I think MGSV is the best game this generation, and I still think that platnium is lame as hell. Collecting animals and doing all of those repeated side ops missions is not fun.

the side ops and collecting animals are pretty okay...the problem is getting S on EVERY Mission...as they were graded based on time.

impossible without using a guide to pinpoint the fastest route to completion.

You just answered your own question at the end. Not everyone is into those games or may own them already.

Until Dawn is the only game you mentioned that I cared about. The rest I already played or didn't care about.

i don't think it's on Sony's onus to make sure that their PS+ offerings are games that you don't owned.

Bersi

the side ops and collecting animals are pretty okay...the problem is getting S on EVERY Mission...as they were graded based on time.

impossible without using a guide to pinpoint the fastest route to completion.
Disagree,s ranking every mission while also trying to complete all the optionals objectives was like playing a completely different game for me,i finished MGSV and was kinda disappointed by it,then went back to it 1 year later for the platinum and replaying all the missions made me realize how incredibly fun and rewarding the gameplay can be.

The animals collection was garbage tho,i still have nightmare about that damn tortoise..

On a scale of 1-10 how scary is Amnesia, really?

The only horror games I've ever managed to play through is Dead Space 1/2/3. I didn't find them too scary, merely 'tense'. But I know for a fact I couldn't play something like, say, Fatal Frame, because I'm terrified of ghosts.

Neith

Banned

The only horror games I've ever managed to play through is Dead Space 1/2/3. I didn't find them too scary, merely 'tense'. But I know for a fact I couldn't play something like, say, Fatal Frame, because I'm terrified of ghosts.

IDK maybe a 6. It's a bit dated at this point man. Years have passed since it was the new thing. The game really deserved a remaster IMO.

A bit more than the original Dead Space. DS2 and 3 being not really scary at all to me anyway.

iPaul93

Amazing month.I just renewed my PS+ for 1 month so I can get both Infamous SS and MGS V after not renewing it for 2 years or so.

wouwie

I don't have PS+ anymore but if you have and you like puzzle games, i can recommend giving Hue a go. I enjoyed it.

horkrux

The games have really ugly monsters that chase you, man. Shit can be super tense and scary at times. Doesn't help that your character can't look at them for long without going crazy.
Based on the games I've played so far, I'd give it a 9 (because Penumbra was scarier).

Top Bottom