• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] MGSV, Amnesia Collection, more coming to PS+ next month

I see that with this and ZoE2:M∀RS, You're trying to apologise for being such utter dicks the last couple years, Konami.

...Apology Accepted.

You've got a while to go, but I won't put a Fuck in front of your name anymore.

Plum

I almost want to give A Machine for Pigs a replay so I can better write my thoughts down on it. I'm... not a fan, if you could tell.

Likely won't play MGSV again, one time's enough for me.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
PS+ starting to feel like 2012/2013 again. Awesome.

Already beat MGSV, but what's the state of Online? Considering trying to make a squad with my buddies.

Fluloco

Damn, that's a great month.

People saying fucking MGSV is dissapointing are just crazy. Even with it's shitty storyline, that's a game that can easily give you 30h of fantastic gameplay. Anyone who hasnt played should be excited.

People saying fucking MGSV is dissapointing are just crazy. Even with it's shitty storyline, that's a game that can easily give you 30h of fantastic gameplay. Anyone who hasnt played should be excited.

Seriously.

To everyone, Don't forget to use DWalker before you quit. Some of the most fun I've had in a game.

pswii60

Phantom Pain has been £10 in the sales frequently this year, so not surprised to see it hit Plus.

I grabbed it back in January. I keep playing from time to time and I really want to like it, but I'm struggling. Haven't really enjoyed MGS since MGS2 sadly.

As a MGS game it sucked for me because I missed the cutscenes, David Hayter, and continuous flow of new environments.

However, once I divorced myself of seeing it as a Metal Gear game I grew to really love the gameplay and batshit crazy weapons and abilities.

Sounds like the game suffers from heavy duty open-world bloat though. That's practically my gaming kryptonite right now, and I'm feeling it more than ever playing Nier: Automata.

You might hate MGSV then, to get to missions you will spend time traversing desolate wastelands with nothing in them, and some missions have you traversing desolate wastelands with nothing in them.

PS+ starting to feel like 2012/2013 again. Awesome.

Already beat MGSV, but what's the state of Online? Considering trying to make a squad with my buddies.

You'll probably have to split your party on different teams in order to get a match going. Is the problem Gaf had after a while as player count dropped.

You could have bought MGSV a week or two ago for slightly more than what a 1 month sub would cost.

Oh I definitely know that I can find the game pretty cheap, it's moreso that I need to sub at some point and this just sweetens the pot. I'll most likely pass though, too many other games to play right now.

Rflagg

Great month for me as I have waited on mgs 5 for various reasons and I do love good horror games, but when I tried the first amnesia the way the mouse opened doors turned me off of it. I may be stupid to not play a game because you strongly dislike a small feature like how it opens doors, but that is what happened for me.

The other stuff looks good, but nothing that interests me too much.

Ridley327

PS4 offerings have improved a lot lately but man those PS3/PSVita games sure took a nosedive. :/

For those systems, a lot of the high quality stuff was already offered at some point, so there's really not much else to pick from. Vita especially blew through damn near the entire first party offerings on the system in less than two years.

sublimit

Banned
For those systems, a lot of the high quality stuff was already offered at some point, so there's really not much else to pick from. Vita especially blew through damn near the entire first party offerings on the system in less than two years.

I agree that a lot of high quality stuff was already offered for those platforms but there are still much higher quality games that they can offer.

Pretty good month. I already own and beat MGSV back when it came out, but I never played Amnesia before so I’ll give that a go.

Ridley327

I agree that a lot of high quality stuff was already offered for those platforms but there are still much higher quality games that they can offer.

I think another piece of the puzzle is that... well, there's probably not much of an active audience on those platforms anymore that would really take that much offense to not getting something on the same caliber of MGS5 or Amnesia Collection. PS+ subs are overwhelmingly being sold to PS4 owners, so them getting the lion's share right now is sensible and, quite frankly, the correct way of going about this.

That being said, this is an area that MS does a lot better with, though they do have more of a significant financial incentive to do so since the 360 offerings are BC on XB1.

Sounds like the game suffers from heavy duty open-world bloat though. That's practically my gaming kryptonite right now, and I'm feeling it more than ever playing Nier: Automata.

I would be wary. In eventful moments, Metal Gear Solid 5 has amazing moment-to-moment gameplay. It controls in an incredibly slick manner and if you turn off the assistant mechanics can be quite suspenseful.

Personally though, everything else is actively irritating. The side missions are incredibly lazy in their design with a few basic mission types dragged far beyond the point of making them interesting. The main missions are similarly repetitive with very few memorable ones. The open world is incredibly bland and uninteresting, and it makes travelling from place-to-place (something you'll be doing for 70% of the game time as sometimes you have to travel silly distances even in main missions) not just boring but annoying because it's preventing you from getting to the one part of the game that's actually strong. The main areas don't really benefit from the open world because quite often there's only 'main' way you can approach them (e.g. you are funnelled in one to three routes through an area which could be done in a traditionally structured Metal Gear Solid anyway) and the less significant or distinct areas don't feel very unique or interesting to compensate. The strongest places in the game are those that are the most linear and focused in their design. There's a lot to technically do in the game, but I personally found not much of it to actually be fun.

I didn't enjoy Metal Gear Solid 4 while I enjoyed Peace Walker, but went in hesitant and with low expectations (not expecting a Metal Gear Solid game but expecting more like a fun sandbox to play in), yet still came away from it less than pleased. If you don't like open-world bloat, I think you'll have major difficulty enjoying the game.

score01

Couldn't really get into Ground Zeroes but willing to give MGSV a shot. Someone please tell me there is an alternate costume for Quiet a la Tales of Berseria.

MrS

Banned
Amazing line-up. Looking forward to finally playing Amnesia: TDD and Hue. Those of you who haven't played MGS V are in for a treat.

Eylos

Banned
They are going for 2015 or older ps4 games on plus, so far (Life is strange, just cause 3, mgsv, until dawn, Tales from borderlands, infamous)

So the next plus contenders by this trend:

Witcher 3
Destiny
Batman Arkham Knight
Battlefront
Resident evil revelations 2
Dying light
One piece Pirate Warriors 3
Toukiden: kiwami
Mine Craft story mode
Rainbow six siege
Beyond two souls
Final fantasy type-0
Tales of zestiria
Mad Max
Dragon ball xenoverse
The order 1886
The talos principle
Shovel Knight
Dark souls 2
Bloodborne
Assassins Creed syndicate
DMC e dmc4
Final fantasy X
God of War 3
CoD Ghost and Black ops 3
Borderlands
Mortal Kombat X
Uncharted colection
Divinity original sin

They are going for 2015 or older ps4 games on plus, so far (Life is strange, just cause 3, mgsv, until dawn, Tales from borderlands, infamous)

So the next plus contenders by this trend:

Witcher 3
Destiny
Batman Arkham Knight
Battlefront
Resident evil revelations 2
Dying light
One piece Pirate Warriors 3
Toukiden: kiwami
Mine Craft story mode
Rainbow six siege
Beyond two souls