• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PlayStation Summer Sale starts today

GeeTeeCee

I'll probably buy Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, as Xenoverse doesn't look like it's going to drop to a decent price anytime soon. Maybe Bulletstorm too.

Pac3y

DMC is £5 in Smyths if you're lucky enough to find a copy. Other than that the sale looks a little weak to me.

Sec0nd

Bought Far Cry 4 yesterday. I had it run all night and it's still not finished downloading / installing. PSN is so insanely slow.

I've not played the Splinter Cell or Prince of Persia games before, how are the HD ports? I don't expect them to be top tier like MGS or Final Fantasy X, but are they at least on par with Devil May Cry or Tomb Raider?

Skyzard

Banned
Sony do pretty good sale prices for console guys. Got to give that to them. £6 for some of the bigger titles on vita, a steal.

DukeBobby

I've not played the Splinter Cell or Prince of Persia games before, how are the HD ports? I don't expect them to be top tier like MGS or Final Fantasy X, but are they at least on par with Devil May Cry or Tomb Raider?

The Splinter Cell HD trilogy is a mixed bag.

Chaos Theory is a great port, the original is decent, but Pandora Tomorrow is a terrible port.

Son Of D

I've heard that there are sound issues with Prince of Persia. But that's second hand information.

mclem

What exactly were the terms around the free version of Alice that came with Madness Returns. Is that part of the digital version too?

Bittercup

Splinter Cell is ok. Not great and I wouldn't say on par with Tomb Raider but playable and they are based on the PC versions so that's an improvement compared to the PS2 versions back then.
Just set your PS3 to 720p. If it's set to 1080p the first two games will run at a higher resolution and the performance is awful. In 720p it's at least closer to 30fps.

I'd like to buy PS Vita Pets for my daughter but I'm not paying £12 for it. I can wait until it hits £6. I could buy her a DS with Nintendogs, but she's only 5 and I don't really want her having a device of her own as I want to restrict how much she can play.

Volcane

Might get Bloodborne. Usually wait until games are under 30 quid before jumping on them. But £31.50 is tempting enough for a good game.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty great sale! Tempted to buy Dragon Age DLC and Borderlands for PS4.
Will get Bloodborne if the price will be below 30 in the next couple of months

Staf

Ugh. Was thinking of buying Evolve. Haven't played a shooter in years and it's fairly cheap. But man, that number 53 besides "Add-ons" really makes me hesitate. Might go for Borderlands collection instead. Played Borderlands 2 and really enjoyed it but never finished it or played any DLC.

The Order at 27€...is it time, GAF?

On the other hand, just started Elder Scrolls Online. Suppose The Order is a guaranteed PS+ drop at some point.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

On the other hand, just started Elder Scrolls Online. Suppose The Order is a guaranteed PS+ drop at some point.

invitation_no_globaltour-800x575.jpg

Yeah, I'm an Order 1886 apologist, and even I'd say that's still too much.

If you can get a physical copy for less than €20, then I'd say go for it if you're interested, because at least you can sell it if it's disappointing for you.

Digital though, yeah, wait for PS+.

I wish that I knew that I wanted the Metal Gear Sold HD Collection and Guns of the Patriots during the Big in Japan sale :( Maybe they'll show up next week on the American store.

Xater

If it was 10-12€ I'd say maybe. Hell no at 27€. I'd also expect Sony to make it a free Plus thing eventually.

Akif

Don't buy PES 15, the multiplayer servers will be turned off in three months time, on November 17.

Edit: Never mind! That's PES 14.

Yeah, I'm an Order 1886 apologist, and even I'd say that's still too much.

If you can get a physical copy for less than €20, then I'd say go for it if you're interested, because at least you can sell it if it's disappointing for you.

Digital though, yeah, wait for PS+.

sorry man ;) just protecting your wallet

If it was 10-12€ I'd say yes. Hell no at 27€.

Thanks guys. My temporary lapse of judgement is now gone.

Is PES 2015 worth buying? Really craving a football game and since I am on Windows 10 now I can't play FIFA because I use a DS4 (I have set it up with Dinput but it doesn't work too well).

I usually play FIFA but I like PES too, are there patches for licenses about?

Xater

Is BF4 campaign worth 12€?

It's a bad campaign. Game is only really worth getting for the MP.

Is PES 2015 worth buying? Really craving a football game and since I am on Windows 10 now I can't play FIFA because I use a DS4 (I have set it up with Dinput but it doesn't work too well).

I usually play FIFA but I like PES too, are there patches for licenses about?

It's a great game on PS4, but you can't import save files, which means you would have to edit everything by hand yourself.

theaface

How's the Dead Space series on PS3?

The first game is phenomenal. The second is also excellent, albeit slightly more action-orientated rather than horror, and therefore not quite as good as the first game in my opinion. The third game is, frankly, rubbish.

Top Bottom