• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PlayStation Summer Sale starts today

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I really never get this complaint. Waaaah the game was too long! Yeah, there are a few points where the game could have ended and been fine but you know what? The devs though "nah, we could stop here but we could give the players even more hours of creepy sci-fi thrills".

I understand the complaints about games being too long if they aren't good and you just want them to be finished but Alien Isolation is a fantastic horror/stealth game and the best representation of the Alien franchise in gaming.

I 100% stand by Alien Isolation not on being a good game but being a fantastic game. You know, if you play it as a stealth/horror game. If you play it as a run around pew pew everyone Aliens game you'll have a bad time. Play it slow and steady, save often and use headphones and you'll have a good old time. If you like Alien or horror or stealth. If you don't like those things then yeah, steer clear.

after getting killed about 50 times the alien is not scary anymore just annoying

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
after getting killed about 50 times the alien is not scary anymore just annoying

The game gives you more than enough tools to effectively deal with the Alien. After the 1/3rd point he should not be killing you very often at all.

Either you were impatient or you didn't use your crafted equipment (for which there are supplies everywhere).

It's a bad campaign. Game is only really worth getting for the MP.

It's a great game on PS4, but you can't import save files, which means you would have to edit everything by hand yourself.

Well I guess I'll leave it then, not really bothered by licenses but at this point when new ones are coming out I won't bother.

Famassu

I can't find Guilty Gear Xrd in the PS Store... What's up with that? I know my friend bought it a week or so ago, so it should be available in my country's Store.

repeater

I can't find Guilty Gear Xrd in the PS Store... What's up with that? I know my friend bought it a week or so ago, so it should be available in my country's Store.

Yeah the PS3 version is gone, I can only find it on PS4
The Summer Sale discount for GG:Xrd lapsed today, maybe someone at PSN headquarters flipped the wrong switch when trying to revert the price of the PS3 version back to normal?

kanuuna

I kind of want to pick up Battlefield 4 despite having it on disc for the convenience factor.
The Order is somewhat tempting, too. I'm still upset that they didn't throw in DriveClub DLC. I would have loved to buy that Season Pass at a discount.

Famassu

Yeah the PS3 version is gone, I can only find it on PS4
Couldn't even find the PS4 version earlier today. Now I could but it's full price even though all the pages for the previous batch of sales said they'd be that price until 13.8.2015. Oh well, maybe I'll wait for the next Guilty Gear and just buy that at full price.

I caved and bought the Far Cry 4 Gold Edition for €35,99,-

I heard so many good things from GAF regarding this game and that it improved upon Far Cry 3 in a lot of ways.

Couldn't just let it go for that price.

Already pre-ordered MGSV, Fallout 4 also theres an untouched Witcher 3 on my PS4....must resist to buy AC Black Flag...must resist..

Is the story better than in Unity? Im now in sequence 8-2 and the story slowly gets going for me...Man, i really like pirates

JP

Really had no interest in The Crew but the upcoming changes and DLC are making me want it. £31.49 for the gold edition with all DLC? Tempted but it still seems a touch too much but I'm not sure I'll see it better on PSN for a while.

EDIT:
Balls, I've bought it!

Damn I almost missed this week's sale update! AC Unity and Rogue are now mine!

Really pays off to play Assassin's Creeds a year late. I get the games cheaper and fixed.

I'm looking at the Shadow of mordor legion edition and beneath the image on the product page it shows: PS Plus-Members pay 20.99. But when I click that button it just redirects to the same product page. Anyone know what's up with that?

Would totally get it at 20.99

Hasney

I enjoyed Putty Squad a bit, but I played the original so I can't recommend it on the basis it could be nostalgia.

I'm looking at the Shadow of mordor legion edition and beneath the image on the product page it shows: PS Plus-Members pay 20.99. But when I click that button it just redirects to the same product page. Anyone know what's up with that?

Would totally get it at 20.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361319558718?clk_rvr_id=885179874966&rmvSB=true

Argos are doing the GOTY for £20.

JP

I've done what I usually do and picked up the 2015 versions of FIFA, Madden, NHL and NBA Live just before the 2016 releases and got them all for less than the price of the 2016 version of FIFA.

I don't follow any of the sports so them being 12 months old ever really matters and there's more than enough gameplay there to tide me over until the 2016 version go on sale and I can see whether it's worth upgrading any of the games then.

i appreciate that I may not be EA's target audience and they may well go out of business if it was left to idiots like me but this has always worked out well for me. :)

Top Bottom