• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PlayStation Summer Sale starts today

JimPanzer

The first game is phenomenal. The second is also excellent, albeit slightly more action-orientated rather than horror, and therefore not quite as good as the first game in my opinion. The third game is, frankly, rubbish.

thanks! I'll buy the first two. Should I get the bundles with all the DLC?

theaface

thanks! I'll buy the first two. Should I get the bundles with all the DLC?

I only played the DLC 'Severed' for Dead Space 2. It was pretty good, but not essential by any means. I don't actually recall the DLC for DS1, so I'm assuming it's just weapons/armor packs and the like? If so, it's not needed in the slightest.

I think there's plenty there for you in terms of the vanilla DS1 and DS2 releases to keep you busy for a while, especially if you're a trophy hunter like me. If you have a great time with both games and fancy a bit more Dead Space, you could always pick up Severed as a little extra side story at a later date. Or play Dead Space Extraction/Dead Space 3, depending on your inclination.

Zemm

Anyone else see The Evil Within for £6.39 on the sale promotion page but it being £15.99 on the actual product page?

xrnzaaas

That's a really lame sale imo. Only AC4 seems like an interesting deal, but it'll probably hit PS+ soon anyway.

Darrenf

Decided to finally get Danganronpa 2. I know it's been on sale for the same price before but I've been in the mood to play it lately.

Gandalf

Anyone else spot the Evil Within for £6-something early this morning? Instabuy. Went to buy it, came up £15.99. Must have been a price error... And now the correct price is on there :( dammit!

I've gotten Conception II, PWAA Dual Destinies, DeSu Overclocked, SMT 4 and Virtue's Last Reward, all under 10€. But then again I'm coming from a handheld to the PS4.

You can get similar deals (and more frequently) for the Vita. A better comparison for PS4 sales would be Wii U sales

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone that is even mildly interested in Alien needs to jump on that deal. One of the best games I have ever played.

Hum, true. The PS4 is the first home console I've bought in like, 10 years, I'm just unaccustomed with the pricing, 'tis all.

Give it another year, and it'll likely get better.

Right now it's still got the 'new console tax', as well a charging a premium compared to cross gen titles on PS3.

Once there's no 7th gen titles to compare prices with, and the game libraries fill enough to get really competitive, then we'll see deeper price cuts.

I mean look at physical retail, in the last 6 months even preordered games have gone from all being around £50 to £30-£35. Universally high prices don't last forever.

Spwn

Who published Sayonara UmiharaKawase+ in Europe? I wonder why the game isn't available in Northern Europe. I would've bought it now that it's pretty cheap.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
story carried WAY to long
give people a fair warning
it is not great

I couldn't disagree anymore, one of the most atmospheric, uncompromising horror games of all time. Unbelievably faithful to it's iconic source material.

StuffRuff

Is F1 2014 a good price at £7.99?

I just bought Shift 2 Unleashed and Grid Autosport while they were on offer to go with my new G27 and wouldn't mind getting F1 as well.

Zomba13

story carried WAY to long
give people a fair warning
it is not great

I really never get this complaint. Waaaah the game was too long! Yeah, there are a few points where the game could have ended and been fine but you know what? The devs though "nah, we could stop here but we could give the players even more hours of creepy sci-fi thrills".

I understand the complaints about games being too long if they aren't good and you just want them to be finished but Alien Isolation is a fantastic horror/stealth game and the best representation of the Alien franchise in gaming.

I 100% stand by Alien Isolation not on being a good game but being a fantastic game. You know, if you play it as a stealth/horror game. If you play it as a run around pew pew everyone Aliens game you'll have a bad time. Play it slow and steady, save often and use headphones and you'll have a good old time. If you like Alien or horror or stealth. If you don't like those things then yeah, steer clear.

Markitron

I really never get this complaint. Waaaah the game was too long! Yeah, there are a few points where the game could have ended and been fine but you know what? The devs though "nah, we could stop here but we could give the players even more hours of creepy sci-fi thrills".

I understand the complaints about games being too long if they aren't good and you just want them to be finished but Alien Isolation is a fantastic horror/stealth game and the best representation of the Alien franchise in gaming.

I 100% stand by Alien Isolation not on being a good game but being a fantastic game. You know, if you play it as a stealth/horror game. If you play it as a run around pew pew everyone Aliens game you'll have a bad time. Play it slow and steady, save often and use headphones and you'll have a good old time. If you like Alien or horror or stealth. If you don't like those things then yeah, steer clear.

As silly as it sounds, the 'too long' complaints were mostly from people that weren't enjoying it in the first place and wanted it to end. Also it's a 20 hour game, that's perfectly fine for a SP horror game.

I thought it was perfectly well paced, and I loved how it messed with the players expectation by
making you think you were towards the end when the Alien died, only to completely surprise you with what happened next
. The game made me feel like a had bin thru hell by the end, just like Ripley in the first two movies. There's not a single section of that game that I'd remove.

Thanks! Same thing happened with Magical Beat. It feels like I'm living in a weird totalitarian state where only select video games are released.

I live in Germany so I know how that feels lol

But yeah, Sony really needs to do something about those language requirements because it seems the small publishers don't even know about it

Yasawas

Ha, I just bought physical copies of Danganronpa 2 and Umihara Kawase last week. Gnaaah.

Of more concern is that I don't think the former is a tenth as good as the first after eight hours with it though.

NewDust

I live in Germany so I know how that feels lol

But yeah, Sony really needs to do something about those language requirements because it seems the small publishers don't even know about it

It's silly because I just read the Dutch store description of Arkham Origins and that was just put through google translate... Didn't make any sense and even had some words untranslated.

vladdamad

Is Arkham Origins Blackgate really as terrible as the reviews are making it out to be? I love the Arkham franchise and just anything Batman-related in general, so not sure if I should get it at this price.

deoee

I was SO close buying Steins;Gate and Danganronpa 2 a few days ago o.o

Good thing I decided to wait one more week :D

Lucifon

Is Arkham Origins Blackgate really as terrible as the reviews are making it out to be? I love the Arkham franchise and just anything Batman-related in general, so not sure if I should get it at this price.

It's fine. Not great, not bad, just fine.

Top Bottom