• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN - 12 Deals of Christmas

aravuus

Welp, looks like Russian rumor was legit. Yesterday some Russian websites posted this list and Dishonored II was #3.

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fallout 4
Dishonored II
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
Battlefield 1
Uncharted 4
Titanfall 2
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
FIFA 17
Grand Theft Auto V
Watch Dogs 2
Final Fantasy XV

FF XV -50%? I'd go for it

RAWRferal

;_;

What's the verdict on Dark Souls 2 for someone who's only played (and completed) Bloodborne out of all the Souls games.

Sotfs is definitely worth it at that price if you haven't played it. 60fps souls goodness and a great game regardless of whether or not GAF thinks it's the worst Souls game.

Obviously those with the NEW tag

AaJhm8K.png

Thanks. Both a little above my 'must buy' threshold (and I saw the retail version of Doom for £15 the other day). I'll skip them for now.

EDIT - also, I have to chuckle at Activision still charging £16 for COD Ghosts and Advanced Warfare two and three years after launch. You can probably get both on disc for about £5 by now.

Tempted by 7 days to die

Beware that I believe it is very fucking rough technically, and I read about some people asking Sony for refunds (must have been this forum) after launch as it's basically in Early Access, but nowhere it stated that. Given it is published by Telltale I wouldn't be surprised if that has barely changed.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Or just stick to buying games only when you want to play them? Buying so much just because it's on sale will probably cost you more at the end of the day then if you always pay full price but only buy the game when you actually want to play it.

This "I have to buy it now because it's on sale and one day I want to play it anyway and when I do I don't want to pay the full price" mindset is hard to get over but everyone should try to. I mean, by the time you actually want to play the games they'll prolly have been on sale a dozen time already.

Well, yes. I do agree. But with regards to backlogs, I don't see the point in stressing over it the way some people do. I wasn't necessarily agreeing with the "I have to buy it because it's on sale" mentality, but I don't necessarily agree with the "I have to complete every game I buy" mentality either.

Personally, trying to work through my backlog almost caused me to get fed up with gaming, whereas going for another few runs in spelunky or revisiting some of my favourite games like dark souls makes me realize why I love gaming in the first place. Yes, being responsible with your purchases is important, and I'm certainly more responsible than I was years ago, but viewing your game collection as a chore or something you have to do isn't good either.

EDIT - also, I have to chuckle at Activision still charging £16 for COD Ghosts and Advanced Warfare two and three years after launch. You can probably get both on disc for about £5 by now.

Buyer should also beware with those COD games, as they're both a "Gold Edition". Buying the Gold Edition makes finding online games difficult, because it includes the first DLC map pack, and ONLY the first map pack. Your matchmaking pool will be "Game + One DLC" so you can't play with standard edition owners and you can't play with season pass owners either unless you buy the season pass too.

Haha, it's like you can see inside my brain man.

<3

Buyer should also beware with those COD games, as they're both a "Gold Edition". Buying the Gold Edition makes finding online games difficult, because it includes the first DLC map pack, and ONLY the first map pack. Your matchmaking pool will be "Game + One DLC" so you can't play with standard edition owners and you can't play with season pass owners either unless you buy the season pass too.

That's awful. I mean, AW was almost dead online when I played it about a year ago, but that's a damn sly way of Activision tricking people into getting a version which basically requires they buy the season pass if they want to play online.

Staf

Doom bought on the IOS app. Should be downloaded and installed in four hours when home from work. Yay!

Just a heads up to people considering Doom if you're on a data cap this mofo is almost 80Gb after the last patch so keep that in mind.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Infinite warfare likely to be less than £25? Currently £30 at amazon and they just sent me a code to make it £24.99.

Not a big fan of multiplayer lier fpses but the campaign is supposed to be decent and it seems pretty on a ps pro (which I just bought)

Did enjoy Titanfall 1 multiplayer though

tmespe

Infinite warfare likely to be less than £25? Currently £30 at amazon and they just sent me a code to make it £24.99.

Not a big fan of multiplayer lier fpses but the campaign is supposed to be decent and it seems pretty on a ps pro (which I just bought)

CoD games rarely go below 25£ Digital, even the old ones. Would not expect a good deal on it.

No chance it'll be less than £25. BF1 just went live, standard edition is £32.99 just above my £29.99 essential purchase threshold.

Infinite Warfare looks stunning on the Pro and I'm enjoying the campaign. Multiplayer is disappointing though

liquidtmd

Banned
I wonder if £32 is the price point they will also do FFXV for. It certainly won't be any lower.

Thinking £19.99 for GTAV. That beast never dies.

aravuus

No chance, it'll be £39.99 probably, if they really go all out it'll be £34.99

Lol yeah, I'd be amazed if it was actually a dramatic drop. For 40 euros I'd definitely consider it though, even though I've planned on waiting for SE to patch it a bit and/or release some DLC first. Really want to check it out despite all the negativity in the spoiler thread.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No chance it'll be less than £25. BF1 just went live, standard edition is £32.99 just above my £29.99 essential purchase threshold.

Infinite Warfare looks stunning on the Pro and I'm enjoying the campaign. Multiplayer is disappointing though

Maybe worth a punt at £25 for physical, play campaign and trade in ..

shortcomings

Neo Member
How is Shadow of Mordor on PS4 Pro? Does it have HDR support?

Tempted to double dip (have it on PC)

It has two options: favor quality, or favor resolution. I've been playing it on 1080p and it looks pretty good. Performance is awesome, even with dozens of enemies and explosions around you.

Matty8787

I jumped all over the Shopto eBay deal the other day Legacy Edition for £28.

Hoping FF15 is less than £30 I might bite.

Bishop89

Marvel ultimate alliance games discount price should be the NORMAL price, still too expensive.

Dark Souls 2 though.... Mmmm... Havnt played any of the dark Souls games.

Played demons Souls didn't think it was that great. Played Bloodborne and love it. Should I bite? &#129300;

Lol yeah, I'd be amazed if it was actually a dramatic drop. For 40 euros I'd definitely consider it though, even though I've planned on waiting for SE to patch it a bit and/or release some DLC first. Really want to check it out despite all the negativity in the spoiler thread.

Aye, i'm the same I think at £34.99 i'd go for it but anything above that and it's probably worth checking physically for it in january sales.

What's the price for the discounted Destiny Collection upgrade (not the full game)? Thanks.

It's firmly in 'do not bother' territory. I think it's like £25 just to upgrade to the Rise of Iron content.

Holy shit, the """discounted""" price really is £25!! That's for the whole collection (normally £33) or the upgrade which just gets you Rise of Iron! Jesus holy fuck those prices are insane. I'm pretty sure I read that Rise of Iron only has like 6 story missions as well.

I bought it on black Friday for 8$ or 9$ on the US store.

Yeah, I did the same. I got Shadow of Mordor GotY and Mad Max for $7.20 each after some discounts and Darksiders II for $5.40.

CrayToes

If I buy the digital version of Infinite Warfare when it goes on sale, will I then be able to play MW remastered without the disk?

If I buy the digital version of Infinite Warfare when it goes on sale, will I then be able to play MW remastered without the disk?

If you mean buying the Legacy Edition from PSN, yes. I bought the Legacy Edition from the US PSN sale, and MWR is completely separate from IW. I never even downloaded IW, just MWR from its separate library entry.

If you already have a physical Legacy Edition and you're buying standard IW from PSN, then most likely no. You will still have the weird version of MWR that requires the disk, you're not getting the standalone game.

CrayToes

If you mean buying the Legacy Edition from PSN, yes. I bought the Legacy Edition from the US PSN sale, and MWR is completely separate from IW. I never even downloaded IW, just MWR from its separate library entry.

If you already have a physical Legacy Edition and you're buying standard IW from PSN, then most likely no. You will still have the weird version of MWR that requires the disk, you're not getting the standalone game.

Probably not worth the risk then. I assumed it would work but alas. Cheers mate.

Top Bottom