• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kem0sabe

I know by what it was inspired, i just don´t like the two color scheme. If it was a green cross or better, a red one, it would be much better.

Imagine the god inspired fear we would provoke if we entered the field with white jerseys with a big red cross in the middle... modern day templars :D

pappe

huSNem.jpg

Can some1 make this into an avatar for me?

Kiraly

Oh I have no doubt C Ronaldo will be styling all over our defense, I just hope our devastating (or used to be atleast lol) frontline will do the same

I'm afraid this will be a painful Euro for the Dutch though, at least Bert will open his eyes.. surely even now he must see how absolute shit we're lately

Kem0sabe

Portugal usually does very well against the Dutch and the English, the Danes and the Germans are another matter entirely...

...crossing my fingers we won´t face Greece at any point of the tournament. *shudder*

IceCold

I know by what it was inspired, i just don´t like the two color scheme. If it was a green cross or better, a red one, it would be much better.

Imagine the god inspired fear we would provoke if we entered the field with white jerseys with a big red cross in the middle... modern day templars :D

The Portuguese jersey actually has a bunch of crosses. There's one on each sock, one on the back of the shorts, one on the jersey itself (there's the big cross in the away jersey, and one on the left sleeve in the home jersey), and there's a cross on the logo itself.

Oh I have no doubt C Ronaldo will be styling all over our defense, I just hope our devastating (or used to be atleast lol) frontline will do the same

I'm afraid this will be a painful Euro for the Dutch though, at least Bert will open his eyes.. surely even now he must see how absolute shit we're lately
I'll have no hope left if we lose to Slovakia tonight. Hope Bert learned from the Bulgaria match, VDV and RVP on the wings and Huntelaar as a striker didn't work out at all. I hope Robben and Afellay on the flanks and Sneijder as a CAM do work. Now we'll only have to find out who plays striker and we're all set.

I know a girl who's from Croatia and she'll be wearing her Croatia jersey to school, or she did during the EC2008. Would love to see them get to the semi-finals are something like that.

Kem0sabe

Only thing i expect from this Euro is good football. Tired of defensive teams and park the bus strategies, had enough of that from this season champions league (Chelsea).

I would love to see Germany, Holland and (hopefully) Portugal, reach the final stages, sadly one or two of those will be left behind.

Holland is the biggest question mark in my opinion, its a team filled to the brim with talent, with the capacity to play exciting and attacking football, but also a team that always fails in the decisive moments for one reason or another... much like Portugal.

I think it´s all a question of mentality, Germany is always competitive, strong lineup or not, they always think they will win. Spain now has this same mentality, they are the only truly competitive teams in Europe at the moment.

I'll have no hope left if we lose to Slovakia tonight. Hope Bert learned from the Bulgaria match, VDV and RVP on the wings and Huntelaar as a striker didn't work out at all. I hope Robben and Afellay on the flanks and Sneijder as a CAM do work. Now we'll only have to find out who plays striker and we're all set.

I know a girl who's from Croatia and she'll be wearing her Croatia jersey to school, or she did during the EC2008. Would love to see them get to the semi-finals are something like that.
Lets hope he plays Robben on the left wing, because everyone and their grandmother knows that Robben on the right means he will always cut inside. And if you play with two real wingers you should really play Huntelaar instead of van Persie.

Im also curious if Narsingh can shine on this level, because i love players like him, but im afraid he isnt good enough yet to be a real threat against Germany and Portugal.

CassSept

Greece winning is still shocking everytime I think about it.

Who could have seen it coming?!

If at least they achieved it by shocking everyone with their play.

Nope.

Worst final of pretty much any football tournament in a long time. During 90 minutes there was a single interesting moment and it wasn't even due to teams playing. Sigh.

Random avatars below, up for grabs. I'll delete if it's too much. Got more if anyone is interested.

EDIT: got them lined up better

xabi_av.png
torres_av.png
wes_av.png

ronaldo_av.png
pol_av.png
petr_av.png

ozil_av.png
iker_av.png
hart_av.png

low_av.png
malouda_av.png
france1_av.png

podolski_av.png

EDIT: removed the one that's taken

Oxx

Liverpool fans won't be crying when Downing, Johnson, Gerrard, and Henderson are providing exquisite service for Carroll as England destroy all opponents on the way to the title.

Booya

Neo Member
Germany Israel started to the second half.. i still dont see the future EM winner here... damnit schland, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom