• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Liverpool fans won't be crying when Downing, Johnson, Gerrard, and Henderson are providing exquisite service for Carroll as England destroy all opponents on the way to the title.

lJAP9.gif

Booya

Neo Member
Well, a 2:0 can feel not like a real win... germany had sooo many 100% chances and missed them. they tried over the flanks to play chess-like soccer for an hour until schürrle just raged and shot a goal from 20 metres away. man i do hope they get better in the next 2 weeks.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Why are England fans so confident of getting out of their group?

Sweden has a good record against England...Ukraine are playing at home and France is surely not the France of 2 years ago.

hertog

And I got this crazy feeling that Italy is gonna win the whole thing after losing their first match.

In my predictions they'll face Germany in the semi's and Spain in the final. Who other than Italy can beat them in boring draws and 1-0 victories.

hertog

Sweden has a good record against England...Ukraine are playing at home and France is surely not the France of 2 years ago.

I got

France
Sweden
England
Ukraine

in my prediction, but I'm Dutch though

F#A#Oo

Banned
And I got this crazy feeling that Italy is gonna win the whole thing after losing their first match.

In my predictions they'll face Germany in the semi's and Spain in the final. Who other than Italy can beat them in boring draws and 1-0 victories.

Not the same Italy of yesteryears...

This Italy is far more of a passing side (broke the 800-900 passes per game barrier a few times now during qualifiers and friendlies iirc).

The defend and counter with opportunism of the past is gone...you should see 3-4 player getting into the opponents box with the new Italy...

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of England, Frank Lampard is out.

Barry and Lampard out? things are looking up (that's not sarcasm)

If somebody wants to run over Terry before the France game that would be okay too

they are? It doesn't feel like anyone is confident of anything.

If we lose to France we won't make it out. Sweden are a tough team and Ukraine have the home advantage.

Wilbur

Banned
Russia
Poland
Czech Republic
Greece

Germany
Netherlands
Denmark
Portugal

Spain
Italy
Croatia
Ireland

France
England
Sweden
Ukraine

F#A#Oo

Banned
We're not.

I dunno...people I talk to are saying;

"Ah usual quarter-final exit"
"Our defence is solid Terry+Cahill+Cole won Chelsea CL"
"On paper we're only behind Spain and Germany really"

I can agree the defence is solid...but midfield and attack is poor...especially with no Rooney for the first 2 games.

Hackbert

woa.. that Germany : Israel game was hard to watch... but we germans always need a downer before a start of a tournament.. better than false hype from the media. so i´m still hopefull

please, Buffon is not investigated at all

This is just a journalistic revenge after what he said two days ago.

I wish italian papers could stop talking this bullshit and begin to talk about sports

please, Buffon is not investigated at all

This is just a journalistic revenge after what he said two days ago.

I wish italian papers could stop talking this bullshit and begin to talk about sports

Doesn't matter if he's investigated or not, card-carrying members can't bet.

And yes, it's journalistic and judicial revenge for what he said the other day.

this is what happens when they play so little together

then there's that betting shit going on, they go on the field with some inferiority complex

fuenf

Yes. Do you have a good one where we can fill it online?

I also asked this and want to do it, but I dont know how to set it up.

edit: Maybe this? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/euro-2012-predictor/

I found this site: http://www.kicktipp.de/?language=en_GB it's free, easy to setup und let's us predict each matchday separateley. I could set it up if there's any interest in using the site (the general features of the site are english but some of the setup/adminstration stuff remains in german).

There's also the offical UEFA prediction game http://en.euro2012predictor.uefa.com/UEFA/15795/clienthome.do , it uses an odds based points system and has its pros and cons.

pros: +most of us already have an account
+you can win something
+nice website/layout

cons: -Betting rules: "Points are only awarded for correct predictions and will vary from 1 to 100 depending on the number of players who also made the correct prediction. The lower the number of players who make the correct prediction the more points will be awarded."
-no administration options
-(who will score first bonus question for each match)
-(designated joker can double the points)

On Kicktipp on the other hand we would be able to define every rule ourselves. Not sure which one to pick, the UEFA one is a simple and fun betting game, the Kicktipp one would capture the essence of predicting the scores better. It's basically 2pt (tendency), 3pt (goal difference), 4pts (result) on Kicktipp vs. the odds based points system of the UEFA.

Feature

Banned
So you english blokes ready for a beating from Belgium tonight?

Who am I kidding, Simons is going to be in the back apparently which means utter failure. He's like 50 years old and Young (or whoever is in front for you guys) will just crush him in a 1v1.

Oxx

We just have to see if England can go a few days without losing a midfielder to injury.

At this rate we're going to end up with Phil Jones and Phil Jagielka in central-midfield come the start of the tournament.

PJ POWAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom