• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

I'm covering the opening games tomorrow for work. Looking forward to it!

Hopefully we get a couple of decent starts.

badstuber and hummels are the same player type (playmaking cb). dortmund and bayern have one cb who acts more defensively than those two and that's why their defense works. putting the two on the pitch is suicide.
as for schmelzer. he's at best average, IMO. großkeutz helps a lot in the defense and that's why you don't see many goals through the left side of dortmund. if a podolski like player plays infront of schmelzer where he's left alone he's very prone to mistakes and if I'm not entirely wrong, he was the reason germany conceaded 2 or 3 goals from switzerland.

oh my... Are you serious? Hummels and Badstuber played together twice. One was against Brazil and it worked brilliantly. The other one was against France in which the whole team was bad. How is that more suicide than playing an out of form Mertesacker? And it's not like Hummels or Badstuber just run forward like crazy people and they really play a lot more different than you make it out.

Schmelzer works at Dortmund because of Klopp. Klopp trusts him and gives him confidence, Löw doesn't. Schmelzer was/is a very shy dude and it's no surprise that he doesn't work under these circumstances. And no, he was not the reason against Switzerland. Actually, he wasn't at fault at all, watch those goals again. You could talk him into the fault for the first one but that was more the fault of Götze, Höwedes, Mertesacker and Hummels.

I see that Lindegaard is selected by 30% of the people in fantasy league. Just a warning to anyone out there with him on : He's not playing. Stephan Andersen somehow managed to convince the coach he should start after Sørensen got injured.

The fantasy league also told me Pospech is unavailable. :'[

bjaelke

I see that Lindegaard is selected by 30% of the people in fantasy league. Just a warning to anyone out there with him on : He's not playing. Stephan Andersen somehow managed to convince the coach he should start after Sørensen got injured.

The fantasy league also told me Pospech is unavailable. :'[

The majority probably have him as a bench player, so it wont matter although they are the same price and it makes more sense to go for Stephan. Even Schmeichel - our 3rd keeper - is selected by more players than Stephan.

GpaZH.jpg

...and the posters of the countries which will not win the cup.

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/sx7fm.jpg[img]

Reference: [url]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/06/alexi-lalas-weighs-in-on-how-messi-will-do-at-euro-2012/1#.T9ACwlIefva[/url][/QUOTE]

I don't really think it's that big of a deal. Messi has been a big name at Barca for so long that if you don't follow soccer closely, you'd probably assume he was from Europe. Nice job of not beating up on the guy by Lalas.

Maxrunner

the match I'm looking forward the most is portugal/germany.

portugal is so getting destroyed :eek:

love the euros, it's like a wc without filler teams. it only needs brazil and argentina to render world cup irrelevant.

I miss Figo and Rui Costa....those were players....now we have Ronaldo...:S

Q9YfY.jpg

If only Arshavin was in 2008 shape. The only doubt 2012 Arshavin can silence is who's in worse form, him or Pavluychenko.

Bring it on, Czech Republic, our bodies are ready.

I hope th England one has a picture of John Terry and the slogan:

One month to crash the winners celebrations

Either that or Terry should be in the background of all of them

Clegg

Courtesy of poster Gareth Bale.

daniel taylor ‏@DTguardian
Not a great start. Holland's black players subjected to monkey chants in #euro2012 training session

This tournament could well be a PR disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom