• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

markao

Any ideas on who will be top scorer?

Tempted to put money on Kj Huntelaar or will RVP be starting ahead of him?
RvP starts and cannot see the coach changing to 4-4-2 during the tourney, so would not pick Huntelaar.

Almost forgot it already starts tomorrow, feels weird, WC had far more build up, at least it seams that way to me. And entered all the tipster comps.

Question, who starts as main striker for Spain, Torres?

Wilbur

Banned
I fail to see the problem.

UsiJl.gif

Ah yeah, I've taken some time off of work so I'll be able to enjoy the first matches till Wednesday (Next week). I'm a bit sad that I don't have my projector setup, but I'll make due.

Are people here having friends over to watch this weekend? My friends are already calling asking about my plans...

rodvik

It's a shame that there really isn't any good avatar material in the England squad.

I was just looking at the France squad. We (England) are doomed.

In an odd way it is liberating. We are unlikely to even get out of the group so maybe we can have some laughs along the way, play some decent stuff. I hope the players dont take it too seriously and can have some fun out there.

Wilbur

Banned

In an odd way it is liberating. We are unlikely to even get out of the group so maybe we can have some laughs along the way, play some decent stuff. I hope the players dont take it too seriously and can have some fun out there.

sigh

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Just bet $500 on Greece tomorrow. Holy fuck I'm so pumped. ELLAS OLE OLE, ELLAS OLE OLE, DEN STAMATO NA TRAGOUDO POTE

Where is the best place to get jerseys from for those in the states? I'm used to ordering from soccerpro and worldsoccershop. Anything cheaper than $95 is a fake, right?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Are any other gaffers going to be stuck at work during some of the games? I don't think I get ESPN3 at work so I'll just follow flashscore.com.

Wilbur

Banned
Are any other gaffers going to be stuck at work during some of the games? I don't think I get ESPN3 at work so I'll just follow flashscore.com.

I finish work when Spain - Italy starts so will miss the first half, and I'm at work for the entirety of England's first game. Haven't checked past that.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I finish work when Spain - Italy starts so will miss the first half, and I'm at work for the entirety of England's first game. Haven't checked past that.

Living in the US, I'm pretty sure I'll be at work during every match that takes place during the week.

Any iOs users here (iPad specifically) that found a nice Euro 2012 app that allows you to make your own prediction scores before each match? Or Just a simple enter your own scores app? That would be cool.

kitch9

Banned

Oh come on, the French have a few decent players and so do we. If we play as a team we can beat anyone on our day set lets hope Roy has them working well together as that is crucial. Greece won the thing playing defensive tactics, and I have no problem us doing the same. Its the best way to use an attacking teams strength against them and at the end of the day you win football matches by scoring more than the other team, so who gives a toss about how you did it.

Englands pre-tournament curse never ceases to amaze me as the team is dropping like flies and there's always a freak injury that you've never seen before in there. I just wish everyone would shut up about Rio.... He's got a glass back and is an injury liability, so I can see why Roy wasn't keen to take him.

Jimrpg

hello im pumped about the euros - sadly it doesn't feature australia but at least it will be like a mini world cup :)

what do people think of my tips? Im really not sure about them - i haven't been following the off season stuff

Poland v Greece
Russia v Czech Republic
Netherlands v Denmark
Germany v Portugal
Spain v Italy
Croatia v Ireland
France v England Draw
Ukraine v Sweden Draw

Well, I got inspired and made our poster more English.

ibl4exuoSkHUlA.png

LMAOOOOOOOOO this made me laff

Got Spain in the sweepstakes at work. Very happy with that.

Same. 9-1 odds too, £5 draw, not too bad. About to place cash on France and Netherlands now

Just bet $500 on Greece tomorrow. Holy fuck I'm so pumped. ELLAS OLE OLE, ELLAS OLE OLE, DEN STAMATO NA TRAGOUDO POTE

Why would you waste all that money?

Even if you were rich, it'll be a waste of cash

pfffft

Fetfa >> Ninis x1000

vqus0.jpg
>> Fetfa_tzidis :p

Poland is at home and well oiled in parts (BVB), I don't think you can win this. It's going to be a draw at most.

hello im pumped about the euros - sadly it doesn't feature australia but at least it will be like a mini world cup :)

what do people think of my tips? Im really not sure about them - i haven't been following the off season stuff

Poland v Greece
Russia v Czech Republic
Netherlands v Denmark
Germany v Portugal
Spain v Italy
Croatia v Ireland
France v England Draw
Ukraine v Sweden Draw

I'd agree with everything, except for Croatia vs. Ireland...that could very well end up a draw. Hmm, also France should walk all over England and Ukraine could very well lose to Sweden.

bjaelke

From testicle-biting police dogs to sonic cannons capable of inducing involuntary urination, Polish anti-hooligan squads have an array of weapons ready for potential trouble-makers at Euro 2012.

The English-language Krakow Post newspaper has asserted in an editorial that local law enforcement agencies are more than ready to tackle any hooligan threat at England's southern Poland base camp.

"The Polish police are going to come down on troublemakers like a bag full of anvils and you don't want to be there when it happens," the paper said on Thursday.

"Krakow has a long history of hooligan violence - the local police have seen it all before and they will ruin your day if you try it on.

"These lads' mums and dads rioted under Soviet machine guns - a few chairs thrown by beered-up fans are not going to intimidate them.

"Do not expect softly, softly police tactics.

"Poland's anti-hooligan squads are armed with: Shotguns firing baton rounds that probably won't kill you as long as you're 30m away, a truck-mounted water cannon affectionately known as 'the typhoon', a high-tech sonic cannon that can make you wet yourself on its lowest setting, dogs trained to bite you directly in the testicles."

English fans are not expected to arrive in Krakow in significant numbers, with England's Group D games all taking place in Ukraine.
Those are some aggressive counter measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom