• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Borderlands 2 to be announced "soon", release in 2012

AllIsOneIsNone said:
No need anyways; we already have Bungie workin on that one ;)

+Diablo 3...

i'm fine with Borderlands being more of the same, but with everything more refined and tightened up. the things i think could use some work are the NPC's seemed boring for the most part except a few here and there. weapon crafting would be cool, but if it means they would have to scale back the gun-generation system then i'd rather leave it the way it is.

+make eridian guns worth using (at least for me personally, i've never gotten one that was worth a shit)
+make it AT LEAST as long as the original
+release AT LEAST as much DLC packs
+don't remove the NewGame+ type option after finishing the game
+don't get all serious on us. MOAR SILLY FUN.

also let us play as a claptrap...

ShaneB

Can't wait for this. Picked up Borderlands on day 1 for 40$ and knew it was worth every penny with how much I played it.

Keep the art style and cel-shading for the love of god, do not turn it into generic looking shooter #2353.

All that's on my wishlist is more customization options, in what could essentially become very mmo-like.

Arjen

Sweet, i loved the first game, best co-op game so far.
But pretty please with sugar on top, include a mini map in the HUD

H3xum

Yes yes yesssssssssss

Can't wait

Brothers in Arms seems to be tapping into the same vein, I wonder how close the release dates will be

Philthy

More items! More item mods!

More item slots!

Mercenaries you can hire to follow you around!

Mercenaries with lots of item slots!

A good ending!

That is all I want. You could put me in a level with nothing buy loot and I would be happy.

bengraven

CitizenCope said:
Some sort of fast travel please and I'll give you my money and another 100 hours out of my life.

!?

Borderlands had a very generous fast travel system!

Every area had a least one FT portal, some up to 4, and 9/10 of them had a Catch-A-Ride next to it to help you return to where you died/need to get to.

Menelaus

Banned
I actually got to go playtest Bordlands right after they began the switch to the new art style. For all of you complaining about it, be glad you didn't get the crazy hybrid I saw...it was rough.

bengraven

Things I want:

- the post-apocalyptic alien planet feel to return
- more towns and NPCs walking around in these towns with more to say
- keep the balance of funny/serious. Blands did that fantastically...I loved the lore
- bring back Dr. Zed,
zombie
TK, Scooter, Patricia Tannis (forever alone), and motherfuckin MARCUS!
- seriously, I completely forgot how little we get of these characters, but they are still awesome
- armor, character creation, melee weapons, etc.
- more vehicles and impliment them into certain quests
- better integrated multiplayer...maybe a hubworld, Auction houses, arena battles

Menelaus said:
I actually got to go playtest Bordlands right after they began the switch to the new art style. For all of you complaining about it, be glad you didn't get the crazy hybrid I saw...it was rough.

I fucking adore their art style. It took the game from "free roam Diablo clone I'll put a few hours into" to "game I must have and adore".

Patryn

Philthy said:
More items! More item mods!

More item slots!

Mercenaries you can hire to follow you around!

Mercenaries with lots of item slots!

A good ending!

That is all I want. You could put me in a level with nothing buy loot and I would be happy.

I'd love to have some hired mercenaries.

zoner said:
Maybe this one will actually be fun and have more than one environment and three enemy types.

Butbutbut, it had 9 trillion guns!

This was easily the most forgettable new loot game I've played in years, and assuming we can call that a genre, it isn't exactly one riddled with innovation and variety.

For some reason, me and my friends can couch co-op clunkers like Sacred 2 and have a huge amount of fun, but Borderlands lasted us about 2 hours before I dropped it back at the Post Office.

VariantX

I think I'd want to hear better weapon sounds. I play bc2 and then come back to borderlands and the guns almost sound toy-like in comparison. It starts to grate on the ears a bit after playing for a while.

bengraven

Fine Ham Abounds said:
Butbutbut, it had 9 trillion guns!

This was easily the most forgettable new loot game I've played in years, and assuming we can call that a genre, it isn't exactly one riddled with innovation and variety.

For some reason, me and my friends can couch co-op clunkers like Sacred 2 and have a huge amount of fun, but Borderlands lasted us about 2 hours before I dropped it back at the Post Office.

Mkay.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Will not even consider picking this up for any amount of money if the PC version is as disgusting as the first game was.

Orayn

Kintaro said:
Will not even consider picking this up for any amount of money if the PC version is as disgusting as the first game was.
A better PC version would be very nice. In the end, Borderlands' charms beat out the sloppiness of its port, but there were enough issues with it that I sometimes wish I had just gotten it on 360 instead.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Having recently broke the 100 hour mark in BL1, you can count me hyped. I'm glad PC will be Steamworks this time (pretty much guaranteed), but hopefully they will learn their lesson with the FOV.

It would be nice if you could do combo attacks with your co-op partner's powers, similar to the new Bioshock.

OTIX

Keep the cel shading, screw the story, I just want more of everything. And a decent FOV on the PC version.

derFeef

Better skills please. Almost all skills were some passive stuff and that's boring. Distinct active skills make the classes feel more unique and also mroe badass. Maybe even ditch the classes and adopt some kind of custom skillsystem paired with extensive character customization options.

ace3skoot

legacyzero said:
I'm really hoping this one is more story driven with the same shit ton of quests.

errr i think a game and dev should play to there strengths...story not really being one of them :p

BurntPork said:
Hasn't it been confirmed that Wii U won't be at GamesCom? Speaking of which, look what platform this 2012 game has NOT been announced for. :/ Wii U is getting more 2011 third-party games than 2012 games. That's really disheartening.

Still, I'm excited for the game itself.

Won't be there for the public. Select press will get personal time with the device and all the demos (got the same last year with the 3DS, 45 minutes in a room with six machines and every demo imaginable and other games)

theBishop

Banned
Uriah said:
Please, please, no gamespy.

Seconded. Gearbox needs to improve the networking/community features before they do anything else. I'd rather have Borderlands 2 look identical to the first game if it means connecting to other players is smooth.

Ooccoo

Timesplitters IV would be glorious. It's a shame Free Radical is gone though, so much talent lost. Hope Crytek can resurrect this very nice franchise - I miss building maps !

Orayn

zeelman said:
Is Borderlands 2 the official title for this game? I thought Borderworlds would be better.
Borderworlds was just a quip thrown out by some guy from Gearbox when he was asked about a potential B-Lands sequel in an interview. The supposed leak on that artist's resume was for "Borderlands 2," but we don't have official confirmation of anything yet.

Concept17

black swordsman said:
:D

zeelman said:
Is Borderlands 2 the official title for this game? I thought Borderworlds would be better.

Depends. If the new game has you travelling between worlds, sure. Otherwise I think they should just stick to Borderlands 2. Preferably without anything like Borderlands 2: Gun Harder.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
schick85 said:
I hope it's not cell shaded this time.
"You know one of the rare FPSes that has a unique artstyle? Yeah, cut that out and make it look like every other one."

smh

Top Bottom