• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Rumor: Guerrilla Games working on open world RPG, too early for E3 reveal

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You mean games releasing in 2015 or showing up at E3 2015? If the game is releasing next year then it is going to be at this year's E3.
He was talking about games releasing in 2015 so there's a pretty good chance we'll see them at E3 this year.

Sid

E3 last year is an absurd thing to compare it to, because they announced their games when they announced the platform. This year they didn't have a February event.

I mean only shipping DC, that should have shipped a year before, and TLoU HD this holiday is insane, even in their strong position.
I don't see The Order making it this year,even Colin from IGN was pretty sceptical on that game.

funkypie

Banned
When I was in amsterdam in april one of my friends knew someone who lived there who also worked at GG. I asked him about the new game, he wouldn't tell me much other than what we already knew. However, he did say we might see it at E3 but it is about 2 to 3 years away from release.

Some Nobody

He was talking about games releasing in 2015 so there's a pretty good chance we'll see them at E3 this year.

Specifically, he said E3 2015 was the one to watch now. Yeah, for once you'd better hope he's wrong. The implication was The Order slipped.

Nevermind all this "insiders are iffy" stuff. He NEEDS to be wrong because holy shit this year was already boring.

So. All these posts that keep saying they formed a separate team several years ago are just gonna get ignored, huh?
And? We don't know if that team is fully staffed or not. Almost every dev has multiple teams. Even if it is a full team like ND we still don't know how they are distributed.

Paracelsus

A KillOut set on Helghan would be pretty riveting, also because the extreme conditions would make for harsh roleplay and the machinery/weaponry of Killzone looks better than Fallout's.

jayu26

Specifically, he said E3 2015 was the one to watch now. Yeah, for once you'd better hope he's wrong. The implication was The Order slipped.

Nevermind all this "insiders are iffy" stuff. He NEEDS to be wrong because holy shit this year was already boring.
So he falt out said that huh?

Then Sony has nothing for holidays?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
That's good. Killzone Shadow Fall felt very rushed, so It's fine letting them take time to get this one right.

Hope it has nothing to do with Killzone either. Maybe not even an FPS. I like seeing developers move out of their their comfort zones.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

That wasn't what he said. All he was saying was don't expect a huge AAA surprise for 2014 release.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
While "although Eurogamer understands next month's E3 trade show may come too soon for a reveal." doesn't inspire confidence, I wouldn't rule it completely out for an E3 reveal.

That's exactly what someone who wants things to be a surprised would say.

Salex_

I mean only shipping DC, that should have shipped a year before, and TLoU HD this holiday is insane, even in their strong position.

They have 5 confirmed 2014 titles so far. The Order, TLOU Remastered, Driveclub, Lily Bergamo, and Guilty Gear Xrd.

No release dates yet: Deep Down, Uncharted, Rime, Shadow of the Beast, and Everybody's Gone to Rapture.
Well, this isn't quelling my fears that Sony's E3 conference will be an anemic affair...

I think people are panicking for no reason. Silence doesn't mean they won't announce anything new.

I was looking around at their 1st/2nd party studios the other day and I was surprised by the amount of information I found confirming they were working on AAA PS4 games. At the minimum, I expect Sony Bend, SCE London Studios, Japan Studios, and maybe Media Molecule to announce something.

bidguy

Banned

i dont remember the last time he was right so i wouldnt worry

StuBurns

Banned
They have 5 confirmed 2014 titles so far. The Order, TLOU Remastered, Driveclub, Lily Bergamo, and Guilty Gear Xrd.

No release dates yet: Deep Down, Uncharted, Rime, Shadow of the Beast, and Everybody's Gone to Rapture.

I think people are panicking for no reason. Silence doesn't mean they won't announce anything new.
'They' are not publishing two of those games, and I was saying if The Order is delayed as is apparently now 'rumoured'.

Sounds like speculation. They are probably assuming the game has only been in development for a short time because of Shadowfall.

Other "insiders" have said to expect GG's new up at E3.

Edit: I see this is where the PS4 has no games dialogue will continue. Lol

Well they are euro studio so Gamescom reveal instead of E3 would make sense. Would also give them couple extra months of work time too.

Why would they confirmed that they would be at E3 in the first place? They want to surprise people. When Twisted Metal was announce they did the same thing. David said am not going to E3 and them they just show up and surprise everyone. This sounds more like speculation from Eurogamer than anything else. The game has been in development for 2 and half years they said that when killzone came out. This is a 2015 game.

Sid

'They' are not publishing two of those games, and I was saying if The Order is delayed as is apparently now 'rumoured'.
Exactly and Guilty Gear Xrd is not an exclusive anyways whereas Lily Bergamo has not been confirmed for 2014.

Banned
Too early? How long have they been working on it? Is this a game they started right after Killzone Shadow Fall or do they have a second team? Somebody posted they've been working on it for 2.5 years, the game should be at least 60% done with that time frame.

Makes zero sense. Even if the game slipped to 2015, it will NOT be delayed till after E3.

Lakitu

st5fu
We'll see I guess, no point in speculating what's going to be there or not, we'll find out this time next month.

Expectations firmly in check for me, I don't think this E3 will blow us away, like every year. Hype is through the roof on here.

Why would they confirmed that they would be at E3 in the first place? They want to surprise people. When Twisted Metal was announce they did the same thing. David said am not going to E3 and them they just show up and surprise everyone. This sounds more like speculation from Eurogamer than anything else. The game has been in development for 2 and half years they said that when killzone came out. This is a 2015 game.

It's all speculation. Somehow Colin from IGN feeling like The Order is nowhere near done based on a limited play months ago has now spread elsewhere that the Order is not ready for this year.

I think there are too many people with loose lips at this time of the year and it becomes hard to filter things. People are easy to forget the famousmortimer mis-information he passed. That stuff is probably flying around like crazy right now.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
just show a trailer then thats gives us an idea on what the game is and how its played and that'll be enough to wet my appetite and keep me curious

Who knows! It was hardly a certain statement by Eurogamer, so it could still show. It's got to be at least another 1.5 years away. A lot of staff were hired early last year specifically for it. But it has been in incubation since 2010.

I hope it's at E3.

Kyoufu

I'm nott expecting much first party this year tbh. I bet third parties will want to show their stuff on Sony's conference. Batman, Destiny etc. will probably be the big focus.

Amir0x

Banned
This is an old rumour, but it sucks it's too early for E3. Sony needs to get their teams working faster, although since Guerrilla just released a game it's cool

I'm nott expecting much first party this year tbh. I bet third parties will want to show their stuff on Sony's conference. Batman, Destiny etc. will probably be the big focus.

It's weird that Japan Studio might be the big show stealers for Sony. If both Project Beast and TLG show up that would be huge.

Trevelyan

Banned
It's weird that Japan Studio might be the big show stealers for Sony. If both Project Beast and TLG show up that would be huge.

I expect both these games to show up as well, along with MM's game (maybe Entwined) and Bend's new project. Those along with The Order and Uncharted gameplay should make for a healthy show.

Top Bottom