• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Rumor: Guerrilla Games working on open world RPG, too early for E3 reveal

DeviantBoi

Microsoft has proven that it is never too early to announce a game - they showed a video at an E3 conference that wasn't even a game and ended up going nowhere because the studio was moved to Gears of War.

Salex_

Exactly and Guilty Gear Xrd is not an exclusive anyways whereas Lily Bergamo has not been confirmed for 2014.

If you say so. All of this information says otherwise.
http://ggxrd.com/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-09-guilty-gear-xrd-sign-confirmed-for-ps4
http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/21/arc...-sign-on-playstation-3-playstation-4-in-2014/
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/18/suda51-developing-lily-bergamo-playstation-4/
http://www.destructoid.com/grasshopper-s-lily-bergamo-trademarked-in-north-america-263181.phtml

You ~might~ have point about Lily Bergamo, but it was trademarked in the US before it was even announced and it's still scheduled for 2014.
GG hasn't made a game with proper story and writing yet so why Sony is forcing them to make an RPG?
Forced? Mind giving us a source? If you don't have one, don't post bullshit opinions and present them as facts. This is how misconceptions are created and it travels quickly.
Have fun with your newly acquired knowledge http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-11-27-fallout-new-vegas-writer-joins-guerrilla-games

I-hate-u

I am starting to get the feeling this is going to be yet another Sony show with few new announcements but all the insiders keep saying "they are just holding back. Just you wait" like we have been getting.

If it wasnt for the DRM and Price KO punches last year that show would have bombed hard. If they do the same level of announcements this year (A whole 1 new Exclusive boxed game!) then they are messing up royally.

Add to that the potential dangers they have trying to Demo VR which could be a train wreck and this show might be a disaster.

I am feeling this unfortunately too. Sony is on the top, MS is trying to make a comeback, yet Sony won't do anything about it. Why? Why not freaking blow out game after game, like MS did last year? Why does Sony have to hold back?

I'm nott expecting much first party this year tbh. I bet third parties will want to show their stuff on Sony's conference. Batman, Destiny etc. will
probably be the big focus.

That would be a huge disappointment if what you say happens.

Sony needs to show not only GG RPG game, and a whole bunch of varied first party IPs to instill faith.

I like what I am seeing. More please.

B.O.O.M

51394-George-Takei-oh-my-gif-fXlS.gif

Me likey

Microsoft has proven that it is never too early to announce a game - they showed a video at an E3 conference that wasn't even a game and ended up going nowhere because the studio was moved to Gears of War.

God forbid anyone else were to do that! No company can say for certain the game they're developing will come out.

[Edit, no need to swear, sorry] Screw Sony for revealing 8 Days and The Getaway, for example.

It happens dude.

Some Nobody

That wasn't what he said. All he was saying was don't expect a huge AAA surprise for 2014 release.

Eh, we'll skip it because I don't wanna drag in a bunch of talk about "insiders" with everything that brings. Suffice to say, the words "your E3 is in another castle" were used.

More importantly: That artwork is glorious. Please let that be for this game, and please let this game not be first-person.

Edit: ...Damn. It's not.

Sid

GGXrd's on PS3 and Arcades as well whereas Lily Bergamo has not been confirmed for 2014 by Sony,a game being on PS3 as well doesn't make it a PS4 exclusive.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Oh well.

I am certain I will be impressed by whatever GG come up with.

They are absolute wizards.

Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, Crytech, Sony Santa Monica are all god tier on a technical level.

Of course it's not guys.

That art isn't just casually going to be in his portfolio while the game is still unrevealed. Companies aren't that willy-nilly with their art work.

EDIT: He's into this sci-fi ish style. He'd have been useful for KZSF, so there's like next to nothing to infer from his portfolio.

yurinka

How about to announce the new IP and to show a small teaser in E3, and to wait until Gamescon for a full gameplay trailer reveal?

Salex_

GGXrd's on PS3 and Arcades as well whereas Lily Bergamo has not been confirmed for 2014 by Sony,a game being on PS3 as well doesn't make it a PS4 exclusive.

Did I say anything about PS4 exclusive? Go back and read the post and the post I replied to.

Aruhamel

Banned
A company that has only ever made cliched shooters developing an open-world RPG?

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a guaranteed masterpiece.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'll be incredibly disappointed if that artwork doesn't make it to the game they're creating. Those are some mighty fine creations. Is it too early to get worried GG might suffer the gate if SSM in this regard? They have been working on the new ip for ages, it seems.

pswii60

Guerilla struggle to design an engaging linear and scripted single player FPS campaign, never mind an open world RPG. I wish them the best of luck, as it's a huge leap even for the most talented of developers.

SpokkX

Please don't make another Killzone. It's an average game with a sometimes above average multiplayer. You've created an interesting universe, but it appears you have no idea how to tell an interesting story involving interesting characters, within this universe.

Yes Killzone just needs to go away

After 6 or so bad to mediocre games just stop

Guerilla struggle to design an engaging linear and scripted single player FPS campaign, never mind an open world RPG. I wish them the best of luck, as it's a huge leap even for the most talented of developers.

I actually think open world allows for less reliance on storytelling. It allows the player to guide the story moreso than a linear game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
GG works well with a lot of time (KZ2) and their new writing talent seems strong.

ZoddGutts

It sometimes happens that a masterpiece is created, I am very optimistic.

I don't know man there FPS games weren't good, pretty but not good. The only good game they've ever made was the PSP Liberation game which wasn't an FPS, maybe doing non FPS game they can really shine in the gameplay department.

A company that has only ever made cliched shooters developing an open-world RPG?

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a guaranteed masterpiece.

Killzone is a successful franchise and Guerilla Games is one of sony's most technically advanced developers, now they are making a new IP where they aren't going to be making the type of game that you are (apparently) complaining about.

What's the problem?

Top Bottom