• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
t1426710600z1.png

I don't know if this works but whatever.

fanboi

Banned
fanboi: DDRJake hack?
JWitjes: Nope, I don't use hacks
fanboi: :)
fanboi: how in hell did you do it?
fanboi: DoW on a neighbour and took them?
fanboi: with the super general?
JWitjes: I DoW'ed Bosnia
JWitjes: And prayed that The Ottomans wouldn't kill me before I managed to siege a province
fanboi: hm, but how did you end the war with ottomans?
fanboi: because if you seige and peaced out against bosnia
fanboi: they would come for you there?
JWitjes: Yeah, as soon as Albania was sieged, they came for me, at that point I had sieged Hum and the capital of Bosnia (I was also sieging Donji Kraji, but the Ottomans caught up with me)
JWitjes: Anyway, I peaced out for Hum and that was enough for the Ottomans to decide they were happy with just the province of Albania
fanboi: Ok...
fanboi: well nice work
fanboi: then worked out some alliances?
JWitjes: After that I allied Austria and Poland, took Dalmatia, joined the HRE and killed everything near me
fanboi: NIce
JWitjes: The first time I beat The Ottomans was amazing
fanboi: Yeah I can understand that
fanboi: awesome work
JWitjes: And for some reason The Mamluks went crazy
JWitjes: The worst part about my Albania game was when France took four Spanish provinces
JWitjes: France was my ally the entire game, so they had become pretty strong
JWitjes: But I happened to have twice their army, so in the end it worked out haha
JWitjes: I just formed a deathstack of 250k and marched around France with that. It destroyed my manpower, but fuck it
fanboi: haha :D
fanboi: might try it out
fanboi: Albania
fanboi: sounds fun
JWitjes: Yeah it is, but the beginning takes a lot of luck
JWitjes: Seriously
fanboi: Yeah
JWitjes: There's also the problem of Austria randomly becoming domineering and breaking alliances
JWitjes: that's the worst
fanboi: ¨I can udnerstand that as well
fanboi: ah yeah

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's not as hard as it sounds, you just need super good relations with Austria, need to not have much base tax and need to be adjacent to the HRE.

Yeah, I know. But somehow in all my games I managed to have the opposite of a good relation with Austria.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I can actually do the haka from start to end. Learnt at school in New Zealand.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Says the guy that actually has the Gothic Invasion achievement

In fairness, Albania or Iberia? is much harder than Gothic Invasion. You can actually win your first war in Gothic Invasion and vassalize Crimea, then join the HRE from a relatively strong position. After the first ~15 years, it's basically an HRE game as a relatively wealthy HRE minor, although more akin to say a mini-Bohemia than the German minor because of the non-accepted culture issues. In Albania or Iberia? you cannot possibly beat the Ottomans without serious exploits. You basically have to run, and running still puts you in a not exactly great position.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So about that...
Toma said:
Based on people's wishlists and posts, I guess I'm the only one here who'll be playing Hotline Miami 2 instead of Cities in about 8 hours?
#keepingitreal

I also think we should wait for a stable build btw

You'll join us soon enough.
One of us, one of us.

Yeay! First city coming along nicely.

One of us! One of us!

In fairness, Albania or Iberia? is much harder than Gothic Invasion. You can actually win your first war in Gothic Invasion and vassalize Crimea, then join the HRE from a relatively strong position. After the first ~15 years, it's basically an HRE game as a relatively wealthy HRE minor, although more akin to say a mini-Bohemia than the German minor because of the non-accepted culture issues. In Albania or Iberia? you cannot possibly beat the Ottomans without serious exploits. You basically have to run, and running still puts you in a not exactly great position.

What province(s) did you take to get adjacent to Austria? Or is it good enough to border just the HRE (i.e. Genoa)?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What province(s) did you take to get adjacent to Austria? Or is it good enough to border just the HRE (i.e. Genoa)?

You only need to border the HRE. Urbino is easiest as Albania or Theodoro.

Ah, the smack talk is back huh Red Arremer? :D

lol nah, I'm still gonna get my ass handed to me. :)
I just remembered that song and thought it was perfect for this opportunity. :D

I'm ready for the game, though, I've jotted down my strategy for now. Just hoping I won't get targeted by 2-3 players at once. :p

I'm having trouble connecting. When I put in the server ID, it gives me the "Connecting..."-window forever and ever. Am I missing something?
Maybe a password?

EMT0

Banned
I have to go pick up my glasses prescription before I'll be able to play, so I'll be about forty minutes late. I'm hoping Cuzco doesn't implode in that time.

EMT0

Banned
Looks like I missed the session. This little adventure reminds me why I never go out in my car during rush hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom