• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My friend (Rick) gets uncontrollable PC freezes, he might not be able to join today.

ZZMitch

Hey guys so I am currently at a soccer tournament and I expected to be back on time. Thing is we made the finals somehow so I may be a bit late :p Game ends at 4 I think but I'll hopefully be back by 430 EST (half hour after start I believe)

Mamluks AAR
Upon starting the game, I realized that I could vassalize Candar peacefully, so I did. Upon completing that, I declared war on Karaman (who annexed Ramazan), as well as Dulkadir, to vassalize them both.

During this war, Toma (Tunis), allied to the Ottomans, declared war upon me. I peaced out Karaman quickly for a province, and decided to leave Dulkadir around to have access through them.

I was able to fend off the first big battle of combined Ottoman and Tunisian troops, and blocked the way for more off by sending my galleys into the straits between Greece and Turkey. In the meantime, Fitz (Timurids), who had been at war with Qara Qoyunlu, took their Southern provinces and released Iraq/Syria, in order to box me out of expanding into the South East.

My goal was to get the Ottomans out of the war as soon as possible, then beat Toma on his own. Sadly, despite his reassurances that he would not help Toma (or fanboi's Ethiopia) fight against me, Fitz allied Toma, got called into the war and landed troops into my land. There was no way for me to win this war now - against the combined troops of Ottomans, Timurids and Tunis.

I decided to drop out of the game. There is no reason for me to keep on playing, as I'm sure Toma and Fitz would've demanded the lands that allowed me to expand into the Ottomans' territory. This would've resulted in being not able to expand towards the West, the East, the South (with fanboi there) or the North. And even if not, I'd just become their whipping boy. There is nothing to do for me but get slowly nibbled to death by Toma, Fitz and fanboi. And since that is boring, I'd rather sit out this session.

Morale of the story: Don't even attempt playing if 2-3 players are surrounding you. I should have surrendered and given up playing the moment Fitz had picked the Timurids.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uuuuugh.

Miscalculated a war (didn't realize Benin would be TOTALLY USELESS) and I only scraped by after consecutive wars, multiple mercenary armies, and a fortuitous rebellion.

Kabouter

eu4_map_gel_1465_01_2gxshz.png

Up to date map (except lacking a few players), I will say that Steeven is the luckiest bastard in history. His AI took Saxe-Lauenburg as a vassal and conquered Hinterpommern and Danzig...and because of lucky nations bonuses has barely any AE.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
AAR

Liberated Ragusa, Integrated Corfu and vassalized Bosnia. Late in the session, the war-mongering decendants of Attila the hun annexed the peaceful wallachians, so I decided to teach them a lesson about peace, and ended the session occupying four or five or their provinces as well. Was also interesting to watch all the stuff that went on in the near orient and in Iberia. All in all a very fun session!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Started this session by getting beaten up by Tarascan. Retreated, licked my wounds, dowed on a Mixtec that was recovering from Tarascan itself, vassalized Mixtec and Tlaxcala. The truce ran out, and Tarascan dow'd again, with an ally, Totonac. Went deep into loans and pulled off a frankly stunning victory over the Mesoamerican bad boy that is Tarascan, forcing them to release Colima and taking Totonac as a vassal. Just as the war ends, Tlapanec DoWs, allied with Zapotec, my long-time ally who, despite this being a defensive war, join in. They field 17k troops between them, and I now have 50 loans, -82% war score, and am set to go bankrupt in 3 months. My last hope is a ridiculous merc army built on my huge debts which is set to arrive in about a week after we start the next session. If I lose... well, that's me done, there's not really any coming back as I either get vassalized or bankrupt'd. So, yeah.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR France:

I started my session by finished the war against Brittany, taking 2 provinces that were absolutely necessary for my people's well being. After that my friends from Granada decided that it's boring to war Castile on their own and called me to help them, which I did, because I don't backstab my allies (*cough*
Fanboi
*cough*). Anyhow, the northern Iberian provinces now joined the beautiful French Riviera providing to my people the best places (except Andalusia, but who knows) to relax after battle.

I decided to stop a little from conquering (and having England, Portugal and Burgundy plus some ants joining a coalition against me have nothing to do with my decision), but to keep my troops trained I helped the great nation of Gelre in some nice wars.

New provinces: Armor, Morbihan, Asturias, Vizcaya, Cantabria
New vassal: Navarra
Annexed vassal: Orleans

Fitz

130771148366.png

Good game Red, you seemed to be off to a good start after expanding north at a decent pace. The war looked to be going well for you initially, getting a good naval blockade off against the Ottomans is nice to see these days, was worried that my troops wouldn't hold up to your superior tactics and morale from technology, lucky for me it never came to that. You definitely had one of the hardest starts, politically.

Uzzy

Pasai AAR

A slow, relaxed session. Following on from Wednesday, Pasai found herself at war with Malacca. A war that Malacca couldn't do anything over, given that her fleet had been entirely destroyed by my brave navy. So I sat around and waited for the wargoal to max out, then grabbed some reparations and ducats. Fun stuff.

Malacca then decided that taking a province, Siak, on my island from one of the minors there, Pagarruyung, was a very smart idea. Which helped me immensely, as they smashed Pagarruyung's armies just as my truce with them ran out. With Pagarruyung down to one province, funnily enough also called Pagarruyung, I marched in and annexed them. Now I've got a nice gold producing province to go along with my burgeoning trade hegemony.

It was at about this time that my original 3/3/3 ruler, Abu Zaid Malik az-Zahir, decided to drop dead, and my heir, a 1/4/4 by the name of Ali Mugayat I came to the throne. Thankfully, national focuses are now a thing, so I set it to administrative so I could keep the tech rolling in. Managed to hit 3 in admin, diplo and mil this session. Hopefully I'll be able to get my first national idea up and running next session. Couldn't possibly imagine what idea that'll be, what with all those uncolonised provinces around me.

Towards the end of the session, my truce with Malacca ran out, and I promptly launched a war against them to reclaim the province of Siak. Once again, Malacca stood around and did nothing, allowing me to easily siege down some isolated provinces, including Lingga, owned by Malacca's ally, the nation of Siak. Who I promptly annexed. In the peace deal struck with Malacca at the end of the session, I grabbed Siak, a bag full of ducats and war reparations. I do like having money, shame that it's just a number.

Provinces Gained: Lingga, Pagarruyung, Siak
Provinces Lost: None

Vijayanagar AAR:
Straightforward, not much action. Gained Mysore, Annexed Golconda, took two more provinces from the once mighty Bahmanis. Vassalised Malabar and Kochin.

I am also probably the richest Indian nation now, with a decent amount of cash and top Hindu nation tech wise. Speaking of which, man the Indian tech penalty is not cool.

Gujarat, my other big rival took the other half of the Bahmanis, they're gonna pay next session.

My biggest headache atm is Orissa, my longtime ally. They've not gained much land but they have a beast army because of a pretty large "march" vassal. If I can cripple them India is mine.

Fitz:
There was no way for me to recover my losses, sadly. I had only a 15 stack left in Anatolia (I tried to assault Edirne to get the Ottos out of the war asap), and the Ottomans and Toma wiped my very expensive merc stack in the Levante. I was heavily in debt at this point, and was hemorrhaging money. Even with the tech advantage, I couldn't come back from this. If you hadn't joined, I could've beaten Toma.

Alas, the Mamluks are a victim to backstabbing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Japan AAR

The integrating of Japan has begun. So far the initial vassals: Ouchi, Hosokawa, Yamana, Hatakeyama, Shiba and Imagawa have decided they're far better off in a united Land of the Rising Sun!

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I spent the first 20 or 30 minutes today simply cleaning up the AI's mess. It wasn't too bad (the AI left me with plenty of troops, if not much manpower), but whenever the rebels won a siege they erased all my coring progress, and there was nothing I could do about it. Then once I got things together a little the Oirats declared war on me, which was really inconvenient. Together with their allies they had 21k to my 12k, and I wanted to win the war without taking out anymore loans and even paying back the loans I already had.

The entire war was mostly about trying to avoid battle. There was only a single engagement, which was between my 14k army and 8k from the Oirats. But that was risky, because they had a 13k army only a province away. Fortunately their 8k was quickly stack wiped. Other than that, I wracked up war score by keeping the war goal unoccupied. Maybe I could have whittled them down through a war of attrition and perhaps taken some land, but in the end I settled for ending their alliance with Sarig Yogir. I think that was a good decision, because that allowed me to start another war with Nogai and begin colonizing. And even if the Oirats ally with Sarig Yogir again it probably won't matter, because Sarig Yogir is going to lose an independence war against their vassal Chagatai.

Edit: I probably made a mistake by not immediately going for the rest of the Oirat army after I stack wiped the 8k. With my vastly superior general my 14k should have easily beat their 13k. Instead, I let them reconstitute their forces. That's okay though; at least I didn't get bogged down in a long war.
How did the Denmark vs Sweden war go? I see the Denmark player was gone today as well
Not sure, but Lithuania is currently fighting a war against Muscovy.

Kabouter

How did the Denmark vs Sweden war go? I see the Denmark player was gone today as well

Sweden took all its Danish cores, took its Norwegian core and took a bunch of other Norwegian provinces. This all aside from of course demanding their independence. I also noticed Muscovy declared Lithuania later, but I was busy myself so couldn't pay attention to how that was going. But I would imagine with such a strong Sweden and of course Poland on your side, you should be fine.

ZZMitch

Sweden took all its Danish cores, took its Norwegian core and took a bunch of other Norwegian provinces. This all aside from of course demanding their independence. I also noticed Muscovy declared Lithuania later, but I was busy myself so couldn't pay attention to how that was going. But I would imagine with such a strong Sweden and of course Poland on your side, you should be fine.

Cool! How long was the session today? In game I mean

Mgoblue201

The war against Muscovy looks pretty even, but I doubt they can keep it up for very long. There are too many nations on your side.

Morfeo

Lithuania is also in a war against Hungary in the south, but thankfully, there are some peaceful italian traders taking care of that front for you!

Morfeo

Trying to relive the wonderful times of that glorious Savoy, Morfeo?

That was indeed a wonderful time, although my cave-dwelling (swahilian) neighbours might have thought otherwise :)

Nah just kidding, yeah, its fun to be back in that region, and I am looking forward to peaceful cooperation and coexistance with you there!

Uzzy

I'll be off travelling for the next few days. The place I'm off to is meant to have wi-fi, but I've no idea how good it is. So while I'll hopefully be around for Wednesday's session, I might not be.

Speaking of not making it to games, if it's allowed, I'd like to volunteer to stand in for anybody who can't play on a certain day. Just pop me a PM on here or Steam, and tell me what your plans are (or if you want to give me free reign).

Uzzy

Might just take you up on that offer if the wi-fi turns out to be rubbish. My plan for Wednesday is pretty simple, but the AI could easily mess it up by taking the wrong national idea.

Mgoblue201

Maybe that's what I should have done. Instead of playing Uzbek, I'd take over for absent players. It would have been much more interesting.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of not making it to games, if it's allowed, I'd like to volunteer to stand in for anybody who can't play on a certain day. Just pop me a PM on here or Steam, and tell me what your plans are (or if you want to give me free reign).

That's very nice of you!

We should put a list in the OP or something about people you can contact in such circumstances. I believe Mkenyon offered to step in too

fanboi

Banned
Ethiopian AAR:

Fucked some nations up and annexed them like the mofos they are yo.

+13 provinces or something something.

Oh got a bitch as vassal as well.

Morfeo

I might need somebody to take over venice this wednesday, as I am going to oslo this week, and am not sure if i can join.

smjanssen

Iroquois AAR:

Another pretty much uneventful session in peaceful North America. Vassalized Pequot, annexed Lenape, colonized a province which I can't spell the name of and currently colonizing Manhattan :)

ZZMitch

Hey guys! It looks like I will be missing the session again on Wednesday :/

I have a meeting that I cannot miss right in the middle of the session (5pm EST). Is there anyone who wants to play Lithuania for me while I am gone? :D Should be some fun wars to fight it sounds like heh.

Uzzy

Well, the wi-fi here exists. It's just slow and has infrequent drop-outs, which technically makes it a bit better than my previous internet. But still, I won't be here on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom