• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Now we have two banned players! This community is so bad ass.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Fanboi I can understand, he always deserve to be banned with his combination of sexism, rascism and fascism - but what did KingSnake do?

Kabouter has been trying to convince me to take over Lithuania for Mitch. I'm still thinking about it, but I'll have an answer for you on Sunday. :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Next week is Easter Holiday, I'll be away and I guess I'm not the only one?

Dear I suggest we'd take a break next week, (wed apr 1st, sun apr 5th) and continue wednesday apr 8th ?

smjanssen

Dear I suggest we'd take a break next week, (wed apr 1st, sun apr 5th) and continue wednesday apr 8th ?

Easter is an entire week with you guys? I may even have to work on second Easter day

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Easter is an entire week with you guys? I may even have to work on second Easter day

Well, not really, but the holiday begins Wednesday apr 1, and the last day off is Monday apr 6th

CloudWolf

...remind me why half of you gave the Timurids a 3 again? I am holding each and every one of you responsible for this.

In the hands of the AI Timurids can fall apart really quick (I have managed to completely dismantle Timurids as Tabarestan within the first ten years of the game), but in the hands of the player it's really strong.

The only reason my last Timmy game failed was because I failed to keep Russia in check while I was destroying The Ottomans and Mamluks, and when they finally attacked... well, it wasn't pretty despite me being two military techs ahead.

Kabouter

It'd be a shame to miss the session on the 1st, but pretty convenient for me to skip the game on the 5th, so overall I'm okay with this :).

Fitz

Don't need to miss the whole week do we? Easter Sunday makes sense, but what about the 1st? As it's Wednesday it's the shorter session anyway.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm the only one going away for the whole period, I could try getting a substitute player on Apr 1st of course

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay, so definitely no session on Easter Sunday, who can't make it on the 1st? Just Robo?

Might be tricky for me too due to Easter work shenanigans. I will likely join on wednesday regardless, but I would prefer taking wednesday off as well.

Kabouter

Red Arremer is willing to take over Lithuania, but the AI has mismanaged it to an incredible degree and it's riddled by nationalist rebels. Does anyone object to me going into SP, accepting the demands of one rebel faction (Polotsk nationalists) and immediately reintegrating them to get rid of at least one rebel group? Without that, there's really no way Lithuania will survive. It would collapse.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Red Arremer is willing to take over Lithuania, but the AI has mismanaged it to an incredible degree and it's riddled by nationalist rebels. Does anyone object to me going into SP, accepting the demands of one rebel faction (Polotsk nationalists) and immediately reintegrating them to get rid of at least one rebel group? Without that, there's really no way Lithuania will survive. It would collapse.

True, true. Unifying Islam would be incredibly hard otherwise :p

Fitz

Wouldn't it make more sense to just pick another nation than messing with the save and what's going on in the region?

Kabouter

True, true. Unifying Islam would be incredibly hard otherwise :p

Thankfully there's no unify Christianity decision :p

Wouldn't it make more sense to just pick another nation than messing with the save and what's going on in the region?

Well other regions are occupied by players generally. As far as other nations in that region go, there's Poland and Muscovy basically as non-doomed nations. Both are rated too high for him.

Kabouter

Ah, so my nation was doomed already? :p You one job AI, ONE JOB.

Yes.
eu4_289u5l.png

Kabouter

Might this set a precedent of 'fixing' the mistakes the AI makes if they take over for a player country?

I would say best to judge it on a case-by-case basis. If the ruining consists of losing a few provinces, or losing some ships, or just losing money or whatever. No. If it is such that it is game over for the player, then we can definitely consider it. In this case, it'd be needed to make Lithuania viable, because it's about a year and a half away from being reduced to basically what Lithuania is now. Except without coastal lands.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Well other regions are occupied by players generally. As far as other nations in that region go, there's Poland and Muscovy basically as non-doomed nations. Both are rated too high for him.
If Poland is no longer able to form a union with Lithuania (and I don't remember the requirements), then they're not a top tier nation.

Kabouter

If Poland is no longer able to form a union with Lithuania (and I don't remember the requirements), then they're not a top tier nation.

Poland can't form the union anymore because Lithuania was at one point controlled by a human player, which makes the decision impossible. I think other things also make it impossible.

Edit: It does however have the same royal family as Lithuania, so a union might potentially be forced that way, but it'd be with a much smaller Lithuania of course.

Edit 2: Red Arremer is willing to go for Poland. That'd definitely be preferred to an edit for me if everyone is on board with that. I am always worried an edit will have consequences for game stability or whatever.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Then Welcome Back in the game, Red Arremer! :)

too bad that I lost a potential sub for April 1st though >:|

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
:( we should totally have played tonight

i get cravings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom