• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Get DoW'd by four-nation alliance block. Moctezuma dies in first battle, lose 2 stab, get stackwiped. Take out 8 loans to rebuild army. Attack with overwhelming numerical advantage and discipline and infantry bonuses. Roll 0,0,3,1, get stack-wiped.

Quit and play Tarascan.

Uzzy

Pasai AAR

It begins, slowly. My opening move was to declare a war against my neighbour, Pagarruyang, in order to save my religious brethren who were being horribly oppressed in Pariaman. Following a few small battles, I rolled out the carpet siege and eventually took the provinces of Pariaman and Muko-Muko, along with a mass of ducats and war reparations. Sadly, my somewhat decent heir was lost during the siege. But I got another good one after, so not a huge loss.

After sending a missionary to Muko-Muko in order to grow the Ummah, my brave forces turned and delivered a punch to my other neighbour, Siak. For purely material reasons, this time. Again, a few small battles led to the carpet siege, with the provinces of Indragari and Jambi being claimed, along with ducats and reparations.

During this war with Siak, Malacca took the opportunity to declare against me, and promptly sent their fleet to a watery grave against my brave naval forces. It was a bit touch and go really, but some lucky rolls went my way, and now poor Malacca can't do anything to me. We'll see what I can get out of that war next time.

Provinces Gained: Pariaman, Muko-Muko, Indragiri, Jambi
Provinces Lost: None

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Songhai AAR
11/11/1444 - 03/09/1450

Immediately allied Mali, Jenne and Air. I forgot my opener so I just sat around waiting for claims to fabricate. I realized this was the wrong move because Mossi ended up in its own alliance. Mine was stronger by a mile but I dislike large alliance vs alliance wars because they drag on for a long time and are costly even if not too difficult.

sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif

Oh, what's this, Mossi got into a war with Macina, Katsina, Nupe and Yao? Excellent. I decided to play greedy by waiting on one more claim fabrication, which paid off when Mossi got into another war with Dagbon and Zazzau. They seemed to enjoy war so much I decided to give them one more, letting my allies do most of the heavy lifting.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Timbuktu thought this was a good time to attack my flank. Their only ally at the time was Air, but Air was my ally as well, so they wound up attacking my entire alliance all by their lonesome. I didn't even need to do anything, the AI finished sieging down Mossi (transferring all occupied territories to me, best feature), and then destroyed Timbuktu. I occupied myself by following a Benin stack in retreat deep into their home territory, wiping it, then blanket sieging Benin to get a head start on the coast.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All in all, a pretty good start. Have my sights set on Zazzau next. Life is good.

Summary:
Victory over Timbkutu: Reparations, Cancel Claims
Victory over Mossi: Borgu, Gurma, Bilanga, Liptako
Victory over Benin: Vassalization

---------------

Is Uzzy even speaking English?

Mamluks AAR
AI during the hotjoin-enabled part of the session screwed me over hard with stupid marriages. :mad:
Other than that, I'm on a solid path to take out Kebab so far.

My opening strategy was to ally the Anatolian minors sans Ramazan and Aq Qoyunlu (who traditionally ally themselves) and fabricate a claim on Adana (Ramazan's sole province). Upon revoking my guarantee of Cyprus, Morfeo immediately took it, the greedy bastard. The AI dissolved the alliance with Karaman, so Karaman declared on Ramazan themselves and sieged it before I could get there. A minor setback.

I instead invaded Aq Qoyunlu together with my friend Dulkadir. The Southern province (Ar Raqqa) went to my ally, while I took the Northern province (which I released as vassal Eretna, who has a few cores on the Ottomans and Karaman); the central one was their capital. I also took some dosh. After separately peacing out with Aq, I white peaced Ramazan since I couldn't do anything. Karaman might annex Ramazan now, but we'll see.

In the meantime, I set myself up to peacefully vassalize Fezzan (the minor between Tunis and Mamluks), which I did upon the completion of the war. I'm surprised Toma did not gun for them at all, either. In preparation for the inevitable war with the Ottomans, I've built a massive fleet of galleys, as well.

The session ended with me declaring war on Karaman over the Eretnan core there. I'll have to probably build a few cogs so I can ship them over to Candar, unless one of my vassals manages to get access through the Ottos and siege it up for me. I've also accidentally dissolved my alliance with Dulkadir, which I'm trying to get back.

Results:
Gains: Fezzan as a vassal, Eretna released as vassal OPM.
Next goals: Take Karaman, Candar and Dulkadir as vassals. Give Ramazan and Aq Qoyunlu's last provinces to one of these vassals (if they're not gone by then). Incorporate Fezzan and Dulkadir.

Vijayanagar AAR:

Nothing interesting to report really. Other than Orissa nearly giving me a heart attack.

Vijayanagar is not capable of taking on the Bahmanis and allies alone. The only powerful ally I have is Orissa and they didn't show up to the battle for a long time, normally they bring some crazy firepower and I can siege everything in a few years. Ended up getting a 9 loans to win.

Gained two provinces (one quite wealthy) and a vassal. Things are nicely set up for the second half of next session.

Will have the vassal annexed, a new vassal and a decent general and possibly a mil tech advantage. Crucially Bahmanis and my other rival Gujarat are still at war, and my current ally/future enemy have not gained anything.

Just need to bring the finances under control.

Also, anyone got a map? Seems a lot went down in Europe.

Kabouter

France AAR

Getting some training on the battlefield. Getting some provinces. Business as usual.

Business as usual, saving my ass :p

So I take it everyone from England to Muscovy just joined a coalition against him, right?

No, I was super super mega careful :p
I grabbed Holland and Breda. I didn't take Utrecht (who had declared war on me and dragged Burgundy along) to avoid getting too high AE. Plus, the warning Burgundy again put on me after the war (immediately after lol) now doesn't apply to Utrecht, so I should be able to grab them in the future :)

CloudWolf

No, I was super super mega careful :p
I grabbed Holland and Breda. I didn't take Utrecht (who had declared war on me and dragged Burgundy along) to avoid getting too high AE. Plus, the warning Burgundy again put on me after the war (immediately after lol) now doesn't apply to Utrecht, so I should be able to grab them in the future :)
Holland and Breda was enough in some of my 1.11 Gelre games for huge coalitions to form. But good for you that it didn't happen (yet).

Kabouter

Holland and Breda was enough in some of my 1.11 Gelre games for huge coalitions to form. But good for you that it didn't happen (yet).

I was really careful to check how much I got, I'm absolutely at the limit, but not over it thankfully. Maybe it helped that I had absolutely zero AE prior. You get tons of AE from failing a fabricate claim, maybe that happened to you?

CloudWolf

I was really careful to check how much I got, I'm absolutely at the limit, but not over it thankfully. Maybe it helped that I had absolutely zero AE prior. You get tons of AE from failing a fabricate claim, maybe that happened to you?

Yeah, probably. For some reason I thought that if you get it with a claim you get reduced AE, but if probably fucked me over more.

Fitz

What happened MGO? Uzbek are taking a beating from rebels! I think they lost most of their army helping Kazan in a defensive war vs Nogai.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Japan AAR

just chillin' as usual, not even waiting out sieges while playing smash.

Also discovered that paradox has somehow unfixed Japan as all vassals no got high liberty desire on the second day. THANKS OBAMA, WIZ and BETA TESTERS

fanboi

Banned
Also, for future sessions, everyone should join the Steam chat group so it is easier to send to all if the server crasch and a restart is needed.

Not in the Steam group? PM me here.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
What happened MGO? Uzbek are taking a beating from rebels! I think they lost most of their army helping Kazan in a defensive war vs Nogai.
I was gonna switch nations anyway, but now it looks like it will have to be the Oirats, assuming they're still alive. That was my brilliant plan all along: let the Uzbeks collapse to rebels and then switch to the Oirats and destroy them.

The real answer is that I was sick all day yesterday and didn't feel like playing. But I should be back on Sunday.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Upon revoking my guarantee of Cyprus, Morfeo immediately took it, the greedy bastard.

It was actually the war-mongering venetian AI that declared this war, I hadnt been able to join yet thanks to some checmsum-errors. I just did what I do best: Made the peace.

Anyways, my session was pretty frustrating. I had to redownload the game, and then the checksum didnt work, so I redownloaded it AGAIN and lost half the session to that shit.

When I finally arrived, things went so slow that I was barely able to do anything. Made some alliances, got some claims and made peace with Cyprus - and trying to learn all this republican stuff.

Anyways, my new laptop arrived today, so hopefully it will be a bit smoother on sunday!

Kabouter

Crab says he's dropping out of the game because of 'changed college WiFi hours' and says he's sorry he has to drop out.

Edit: And crab now says he will try with his phone next Wednesday and it might work that way, so yay. He's still in :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Anyways, my new laptop arrived today, so hopefully it will be a bit smoother on sunday!

This is FANTASTIC news

when do you move in next door btw? :D

Crab says he's dropping out of the game because of 'changed college WiFi hours' and says he's sorry he has to drop out.

Edit: And crab now says he will try with his phone next Wednesday and it might work that way, so yay. He's still in :p

phone connection? don't stop believing

It was actually the war-mongering venetian AI that declared this war, I hadnt been able to join yet thanks to some checmsum-errors. I just did what I do best: Made the peace.

So you DID take Cyprus, you greedy bastard!
It's okay. I forgive you.

Morfeo

And banned as well I see? He need to learn living on the edge as certain other posters!

This is FANTASTIC news

when do you move in next door btw? :D

Yeah, lets hope it works better than the POS Dell inspiron I had. I am taking over the appartement at the first of may, but think I will probably need about a month of painting, fixing the floor and bathroom and probably more stuff I have no experience doing. So about the first of june.

So you DID take Cyprus, you greedy bastard!
It's okay. I forgive you.

Hey, I just made peace!

Morfeo

So I just started my new laptop, which is always pretty fun. Here is what I did:

1. Installed Chrome
2. Installed Steam
3. Installed EU4
4. Started EU4
5. Turned off that terrible music in EU4
6. Checked performance on it.

Should go much smoother on sunday! Glad the university could provide me with a solution to the lag :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just make sure you turn down visual settings a bit since you lack a dedicated gpu, and you should do fine!

Morfeo

Just make sure you turn down visual settings a bit since you lack a dedicated gpu, and you should do fine!

There is actually an Nvidia Quadro K610m (as well as the integrated Intel 4600). I have no idea if that is good or bad, but it seemed at least to work decent with EU4. Much smoother than my old Dell POS.

Yeah, just like you do to meet new girls

Is this what you usually do when meeting girls? Strange, I always tend to do the opposite.

fanboi

Banned
There is actually an Nvidia Quadro K610m (as well as the integrated Intel 4600). I have no idea if that is good or bad, but it seemed at least to work decent with EU4. Much smoother than my old Dell POS.

Is this what you usually do when meeting girls? Strange, I always tend to do the opposite.

:)

Steeven

Brandenburg AAR

My spies reported that the serfs in Neumark were producing grain in large quantities for the Teutonic Order, which was sold to Dutch merchants in the Baltic. Brandenburg can always use some more serfs, so it first allied Austria because of Austrian manpower, and then declared war. Meanwhile, the Livonian Order appeared allied with the Teutonics, whose forces combined eventually crushed the first Austrian stacks. This in turn affected Gelre's struggle, which was allied with Austria as well, against tyrant Burgundy. Indeed, my greed and cunning plan almost led to the unintentional early withdrawal of Kabouter. Brandenburg had to take a few loans for maintaining some mercenaries, which proved necessary to win the war.

Morfeo

Brandenburg AAR

My spies reported that the serfs in Neumark were producing grain in large quantities for the Teutonic Order, which was sold to Dutch merchants in the Baltic. Brandenburg can always use some more serfs, so it first allied Austria because of Austrian manpower, and then declared war. Meanwhile, the Livonian Order appeared allied with the Teutonics, whose forces combined eventually crushed the first Austrian stacks. This in turn affected Gelre's struggle, which was allied with Austria as well, against tyrant Burgundy. Indeed, my greed and cunning plan almost led to the unintentional early withdrawal of Kabouter. Brandenburg had to take a few loans for maintaining some mercenaries, which proved necessary to win the war.

I am very glad both you and Kab are keeping Austria occupied!

Steeven

Just finished my SP game with Poland. Formed the Commonwealth of course and expanded in all directions. Managed to get some achievements:

Poland can into space
The Emperor's new clothes
Winged Hussars
One King to Rule
Total Control
Blockader

Also, some funny/weird things happened. For instance, of all German states, Oldenburg managed to expand and eventually form Hannover:

E178CC047D81D831EDA7AD79C6418E8337DD8873

As you can see, the state of Friesland is gone. However, Friesland got a foothold in Africa and even remained Elector in the HRE, supporting Huron (really?):

2288F4A2669EE7E39A95711376D6715873FAC802

E629C47276790932B0C1B063E5761D7046E144AE

Some other states were dislocated as well:

2130908BEC006AA0305E29D03C0571A644C856EA

Finally, my empire. I really wanted to earn some achievements, especially Poland can into space, so I was not as aggressive as I could have been. It was a fun game, however, albeit a bit too easy.

58AA4BB51E856541364833891C5FBD0A994EF7A5

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I've sacrificed a goat for good connection speed, hw performance and net code for tonight's session.

Internet God agreed to help us out as long as we disable hot join, which is a sin in his book.

Fitz

I've sacrificed a goat for good connection speed, hw performance and net code for tonight's session.

Internet God agreed to help us out as long as we disable hot join, which is a sin in his book.

A worthy sacrifice sure to please.

Alsoooo, we should have a fixed time that we start after the set time if we're still waiting, e.g. 10 mins after start time we go, unless someone is in the process of connecting or some such ofc.

Kabouter

A worthy sacrifice sure to please.

Alsoooo, we should have a fixed time that we start after the set time if we're still waiting, e.g. 10 mins after start time we go, unless someone is in the process of connecting or some such ofc.

Well...if we set such a time, why not make that time the actual start time? It's not that hard to show up 5-10 minutes early :p

Fitz

Well...if we set such a time, why not make that time the actual start time? It's not that hard to show up 5-10 minutes early :p

I agree, but we always end up waiting a while before starting, if we were to start at 21:30/21:00 on the dot, that'd be even better!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'd also really like it if we could manage to make a common play time both days.

E.g 21.30 - 23.30 both days

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'd also really like it if we could manage to make a common play time both days.

E.g 21.30 - 23.30 both days

23:30 was too late for some players the last time we asked.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yep. 23.30 is too late for me personally. Wouldn't mind though if the Wednesday session was to start at 21.00 instead of 21.30 but I don't know if this works for everyone

I think I was the reason the wednesday session starts late, so... veto :p

I know people like to talk about these time slots to see if we can improve anything, but there is a reason we stuck with them for over half a year now, especially considering we already discussed this topic multiple times.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I hope my connection holds today, as I'm not at my place. I have a backup, but with no hotjoin, it's tricky.

smjanssen

Hope I'll be able to play tonight. Still struggling with my Windows drive. Finally got it up and running but now it's having issues with my mouse drivers :') so currently trying to fix it while navigating with just a keyboard.

And playing on mac drive is not an option, will just be lagging the entire session with the performance I experienced earlier today

Edit: Finally got it running, little relieved tbh :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom