• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Nintendo Direct for 3DS on Thursday 7pm BST

JordanKZ

Also downloading Liberation Maiden, will give impressions later. It's a top down shooter, right? Sounds good to me.

Also, Suda. So yeah. Bought, instantly.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So everything retail-shared on the EU store is 45 EUR (save for the New Art Academy and Freakyforms Deluxe).

wsippel

Banned
What is LM about?

Edit:

Liberation Maiden (解放少女 Kaihō Shōjo?) is Goichi Suda's contribution to Guild01. In this shooter game, an invading country is stealing all of Japan's energy. The player controls Shoko,[10] a high school girl who became President of Japan after her father's assassination, as she enters the mech Kaihoki to fight back.[4] It features animated cutscenes created by Studio BONES.[11]
It's a rail shooter, more or less. By the No More Heroes team. Same director (of course), same character designer, same mechanical designer. And it has an intro by Bones. It's supposedly pretty bad. Still bought it, currently downloading...

Is this why Nintendo products typically sell pretty well in Germany? (Compared to other EU regions.)

Actually France is the European country that has been the most loyal to Nintendo as far as I can recollect, perhaps even more than Japan; back in the day, when Gamecube's sales were underwhelming pretty much everywhere, I recall in France it was selling decently.

By the way yeah, apparently Nintendo sells better in Germany than in most European countries, but I don't think that's due to it having their HQs based in Germany.

So at the end there were game logos and you can see RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D (with new logo diifferent from when it was showed for the firts time). I thought it was already finished and held in hell to never be released.
Searched for info about the new release day and found anything. FUCK FUCK FUCK

also

Banned
  • Shibata speaks Russian.
  • Shibata apologises for weak product support in Russia.
  • Full Star catalog will be available in Russia by the end of the year.
  • Russian ambassador program - within 3 months from the new catalog launch stars from other Clubs can be transfered to the Russian account. Within 3 months all existing and new users will get SMG soundtrack CD for free.
  • First Nintendo Zone in Russia
  • Nintendo eShop (WiiU, DSi, 3DS) will get all content available in Europe, prices in rubles.
  • Official Nintendo russian online shop opens before WiiU launch.

That's Awesome for Russia. Now if only Nintendo of Europe would start officially supporting the rest of the European countries...

EDIT: If I remember correctly, Liberation Maiden has controls similar to Kid Icarus: Uprising. Be wary if you disliked them!

So at the end there were game logos and you can see RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D (with new logo diifferent from when it was showed for the firts time). I thought it was already finished and held in hell to never be released.
Searched for info about the new release day and found anything. FUCK FUCK FUCK

Well found this at the end, I hope is true.
https://twitter.com/Coaster101/status/238449292388495360
RCT3D delayed again. New release date is October 16th, 2012.

And october 26 for Europe and Australia!
After months of delays and no word coming out of the developers, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3DS has finally gotten its OFFICIAL release date. Starting October 16, Atari will admit guests and allow you to build and trade parks via StreetPass. Europe and Australasia will get their turn on October 26, 2012.

krumble

Just finished the first chapter of LM
Love it!!
Can see that some may not, but really enjoying it so far
Took down the three lesser spikes and then the final one, very cool

Was it a last minute delay to fix things (Nintendo Power already reviewed it and trashed it) or are they just delaying it for the "holiday strategy"?

They trashed it in a review? Need to find that review then. It was deleayed for lots of months so I hopen they have fix it. I dont mind if we only get (from the screens I see) a RCT that plays like 1 but looks like 3, but that the minumum thing I want for the game. I would have prefered a game that looks and plays like RCT2 but portable. Or RCT4 on PC by frontier (becuase I love RCT3, best theme park creator ever).

meppi

Oh my! Seems like I have a bunch more games to buy in the next couple of months.
Wasn't expecting this to be honest.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D review details

- Build plenty rollercoasters in Coaster Story mode
- This mode has players helping tycoons revitalize their parks
- Help them raise money and attract guests
- Missions are generally simple but decently paced
- They challenge your coaster-constructing skills as well
- Fun to experiment with the coaster types to see what you can create
- Build and save up to nine rides using the separate Coaster Creator mode
- Pull your creations later to fulfill Coaster Story mission objectives
- Sandbox Mode is “a huge letdown”
- Unlimited funds, big plot of land available
- Very small limit on the number of rides, coaster parts, scenery pieces, shops, and footpaths that can be added to the park
- Lacks details that gave older entries some of their charm
- Can’t check guest statuses
- Can’t name rides
- Interface is cumbersome, making reconstructing sections of roller coasters difficult
- Can’t modify a coaster’s track without deleting each pieces that follows the area you wish to change

“Although RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D can be fun, its shortcoming prevent it from being the immersive experience the series is famous for. Fans might be excited to see the franchise return, but this portable simplification will leave most players feeling less than thrilled."

Oh fuck, that sounds terrible, I hope is that what they tried to mend in the delayed version.
If not im going to buy it and cry. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In Liberation Maiden I play as a schoolgirl President of Japan piloting a mech across the ocean, blasting robot battle stations into oblivion, nature rapidly growing atop their smouldering ruins.

I don't know if it's good but it seems enjoyable. Kind of reminds me of Sin & Punishment 2-lite.

I've played the first stage in Liberation Maiden, and I don't know what to say. It's definitely not a great game, that's for sure.

The controls are pretty poor and the gameplay doesn't really seem to be that much fun.

There seems to be a lot of dialog interrupting the gameplay, but hopefully that doesn't happen on later stages. I'm gonna play a couple more levels and see if anything changes.

D-e-f-

Banned
So..I take it, the GBA thing was garbage?

It was clear it wasn't gonna happen. That's something that would've been announced in all 3 territories at the same time and without a Japanese ND and US ND at the same time, there's no way they would put that out there just like that. Expect GBA games to come sometime in 2013.

In Liberation Maiden I play as a schoolgirl President of Japan piloting a mech across the ocean, blasting robot battle stations into oblivion, nature rapidly growing atop their smouldering ruins.

suda8mr7a.jpg

m0t0k1

Lol at the prices (44.99€ here).
It's simply ridiculous, and I'm usually tolerant!

Where do you buy your games? Most stores sell 3ds games for €45 or €50 euro over here. So it is kind of the same. Also are there any gameplay vids for LM? I dont know what this game is about

Where do you buy your games? Most stores sell 3ds games for €45 or €50 euro over here. So it is kind of the same. Also are there any gameplay vids for LM? I dont know what this game is about

A lot of games are 40€ around here, specially some of these titles.

I'm not feeling LM at all.

There is way too much pointless dialog that completely stops the game. The stuff they are saying could have been in the background while you're playing. I really don't see the need to stop the game every 2 minutes.

Normal seems to be a cakewalk so far after two stages. I guess there is some skill required to keep the chain going, but other than that there really isn't much to worry about.

There are no leaderboards, or even a grade after each stage, so it's hard to say if you got a decent score or not.

-You can find games for 40 euros in places like Media Markt.
-I you think Im (and possibly the majority of sane people) going to pay the same price (or more!) for a downlodable game instead of a game with its box and cratridge, your a mad.

I'm not feeling LM at all.

There is way too much pointless dialog that completely stops the game. The stuff they are saying could have been in the background while you're playing. I really don't see the need to stop the game every 2 minutes.

Normal seems to be a cakewalk so far after two stages. I guess there is some skill required to keep the chain going, but other than that there really isn't much to worry about.

Have you played kid icarus? did you like it?

MNC

Webshops carry them for 35-40 mostly. 2ndhand shops do it for about 25.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Have they ever cost that much at retail?

Not in Sweden, if you order online the games are roughly £27.

Also, why is Sakura Samurai called Hana Samurai here? Licensing issues?

Edit: Wait, does online count as retail? If not they're about 40-50.

Mlatador

Banned
I'm a little late... but HOLY mother of God, what the fuck did I just watch?! °_°

At one point I forgot that I was watching an European ND and found myself thinking "yeah, that's all fucking awesome, but when will all of this be availabe in Europe?"... THEN I realized... wait a minute... SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEET!!!

Top Bottom