• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Nintendo Direct for 3DS on Thursday 7pm BST

JordanKZ

LM Impressions:

Despite the throw away story, it's kind of an interesting game. Not sure it's worth the money though. Points of interest:

• Combat seems pretty frantic.
  • You basically NEED the stand for this game otherwise you'll just end up playing Hand-Twister
  • The game is only 5 stages long with three difficulty levels.
  • 3 levels in, each level has had basically the same objectives, but with some changes each time around.
  • The combat design is fairly clever. You have a certain amount of shots and if I have this right, the more you shoot and build up combos, you can then shoot more. The flipside is, these shots are also your only defense (aside from health) so you have to be tactical as to how much shooting you're doing.

It seems like a clever title, again, not sure it's worth the money.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Webshops carry them for 35-40 mostly. 2ndhand shops do it for about 25.
Problem with webshops is that I have to wait till there are more things I want to order from a shop (or team up with a friend) in order to minimize the shipping expenses, lest I pay similarly to the B&M. Thing is, the quoted eShop prices are already better than one of the bigger B&M here (where popular/new titles can reach 50 EUR), and the instantaneous delivery is a bonus. So the eShop lineup is already a net win for guys like me, and will hopefully have a discount from time to time, so I'm good here.

m0t0k1

Webshops carry them for 35-40 mostly. 2ndhand shops do it for about 25.

Yes i see on amazon.de the prices are like 38 for most games, that is doable. I went to my local game store today and i saw Super Mario 3dland used for 40 euro and new for 45. Man i hate those gamestores keeping their prices so high and when you want to sell them they only pay like 10 euro for the game. Well OT i was happy with this Nintendo Direct. Was hoping for a launch date for Sakura Samurai and Paper mario and got both. Also some good new eshop games like fallblox.

Qurupeke

LM Impressions:

Despite the throw away story, it's kind of an interesting game. Not sure it's worth the money though. Points of interest:

• Combat seems pretty frantic.
  • You basically NEED the stand for this game otherwise you'll just end up playing Hand-Twister
  • The game is only 5 stages long with three difficulty levels.
  • 3 levels in, each level has had basically the same objectives, but with some changes each time around.
  • The combat design is fairly clever. You have a certain amount of shots and if I have this right, the more you shoot and build up combos, you can then shoot more. The flipside is, these shots are also your only defense (aside from health) so you have to be tactical as to how much shooting you're doing.

It seems like a clever title, again, not sure it's worth the money.

I'm not feeling LM at all.

There is way too much pointless dialog that completely stops the game. The stuff they are saying could have been in the background while you're playing. I really don't see the need to stop the game every 2 minutes.

Normal seems to be a cakewalk so far after two stages. I guess there is some skill required to keep the chain going, but other than that there really isn't much to worry about.

There are no leaderboards, or even a grade after each stage, so it's hard to say if you got a decent score or not.

I see. Pretty disappointed by what I read...

MicH

I have a question regarding full retail games on the eShop. Say I want to change my country setting to Germany to take advantage of the EUR price, will the game be in German only? Or is it dependable on the language on the system?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I have a question regarding full retail games on the eShop. Say I want to change my country setting to Germany to take advantage of the EUR price, will the game be in German only? Or is it dependable on the language on the system?
The latter.

Khaz

Now that Fallblox have been announced, should I still get Pullblox? I was able to wait till now, I can wait longer.

Nibel

Now that Fallblox have been announced, should I still get Pullblox? I was able to wait till now, I can wait longer.

I think Shibata said that Pullblox is on sale now - and it's a pretty good from what I've read. But ask those people who played it or check the OT

Some shitty Iphone ass-shots:

DnSJ8.jpg

Ragus

Banned
This Direct sure delivered. And I thought, that I would barely use my 3DS for the rest of this year :lol:.

beje

Banned
Damn, those prices. :(

WHEN WILL THE DAMN DOWNLOAD CARDS BE AVAILABLE IN THE WEST????

Those should save us. :(

A gaffer from Japan told in other thread they can already be found cheaper than full boxed packs in some retailers, so they cannot come soon enough.

Lusankya

Oh, wow. I lived long enough to finally see someone buying in Germany to get a cheaper price. <3

Qurupeke

Buy both Fallblox and Pullblox. Pullblox is a great game. Really creative puzzles and scaling difficulty. Oh and some of the custom stages are epic.

Khaz

The game itself will be the same and should change its language depending on the console. You can test it with your already purchased games.

The only problem I know of is with Link's Awakening, where three ROM are provided: in french, german and in english for the reste of Europe. If you have one version you can't download the others and have to pay again. The only offer Nintendo Europe was able to make was to cancel my first purchase so I can buy the other version.

Yes i see on amazon.de the prices are like 38 for most games, that is doable. I went to my local game store today and i saw Super Mario 3dland used for 40 euro and new for 45. Man i hate those gamestores keeping their prices so high and when you want to sell them they only pay like 10 euro for the game. Well OT i was happy with this Nintendo Direct. Was hoping for a launch date for Sakura Samurai and Paper mario and got both. Also some good new eshop games like fallblox.
Sakura Samurai (NTSC) = Hana Samurai (PAL)
Out on eshop next week as well, finally been waiting since Dillion came out and thinking this would have been next.

D-e-f-

Banned
Pullblox is on sale now for 4,99EUR until next week
Starting October 11, Colors!3D will be on sale for another week then it's that puzzle game I can't remember

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pushmo/Pullbox was the best digital game released last year. Would have been the best 3DS game if not for 3D Land.

It was one of my top three favorite games last year in general.

Liberation Maiden really is a neat little title. It's amazingly cheesy, the gameplay is very intriguing, it really seems like the meat of the game will lie in the stage attack mode once the missions are over.

Khaz

Alright I'll buy both Pullblox and Liberation Maiden. But in euros not in pounds (13€ instead of £11.70/14.55€), I'll buy a coffee with that savings.

ok found a nice summery here:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/04/nintendo-direct-europe-3ds-specific-broadcast-goes-live-at-7pm-uk/

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Paper Mario Sticker Star arrives in Europe December 7.

stewiefreakingoutykdn7.gif

back in the day, when Gamecube's sales were underwhelming pretty much everywhere, I recall in France it was selling decently.
Maybe thats why they were the only place outside of Japan to get the Tales of Symphonia hardware bundle (a sort of green Gamecube). I just assumed it was due to France having affiliation for anime and more of an import culture (so probably a Tales of fanbase).

Damn, those prices. :(

WHEN WILL THE DAMN DOWNLOAD CARDS BE AVAILABLE IN THE WEST????

Those should save us. :(
The boxed prices might just be the problem...give me a sec...
A gaffer from Japan told in other thread they can already be found cheaper than full boxed packs in some retailers, so they cannot come soon enough.
Does Japan also sell the boxed produces at such a low price they've destroyed the profit margin the product is supposed to be competitive/appease the consumer? The £30 3DS games we buy were supposed to be at least £40 (we're not prepared to pay and shops need trade and wholesale price just about allows for £30 but its practically a loss leader; hence why everyone wants to sell used).
Even I find £30 too much or at least upper end...does that make me part of the problem?

I'd imagine that holding it up in the UK:
"NOE: You'll make a reasonable profit selling this piece of paper for £40. Plus we only charge you for it when you sell it."
"Shop: Yes but we sell the game for £30 and its practically a loss leader you need to give realistic wholesale on this piece of paper"
"NOE: You're problem. We can't do that. If we do that NCL will accuse of not making enough profit."

In some way Nintendo needs the boxed product more than the paper or pure online.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I updated the OP for those LTTP:

FULL UPDATE - WATCH HERE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsW07vfokWc

Retail Games

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - October 26th
Nintendo presents New Style Boutique - November 16th
Virtue's Last Reward - November 2012
Paper Mario Sticker Star - December 7th
Devil Survivor Overclocked - 2012
Fire Emblem - 2Q 2013
Luigi's Mansion 2 - 1Q 2013
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - March 2013

New Consoles

White 3DS XL console with MK7 pre-loaded on SD card - November 16th
Pikachu 3DS XL Limited Edition console - 2012

eShop

NSMB2 DLC out now
New Art Academy Goomba SpotPass Lesson out now

Liberation Maiden - Out now (£7.19)
Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword - October 11th (£6.20)
Pokemon Dream Radar - October 12th
Pokedex 3D Pro - November 8th
Fallblox - November
Aero Porter - November
Crimson Shroud - December
Hydroventure: Spin Cycle - December
Nano Assault EX - 2012
The Denpa Men - 2012

New 3DS full game downloads on eShop

Super Mario 3D Land - £40
Zelda: OOT 3D - £40
StarFox 64 3D - £40
Mario Kart 7 - £40
More games coming soon.
250 extra Club Nintendo stars for downloads. Total 500 stars.

eShop sale - Six week sale, One title per week. Prices TBA

October 4th - Pullblox (£4.49 reduced from £5.40)
October 11th - Colours! 3D
October 18th - Potzol's Puzzle
- Three other titles are TBA.

Shibata getting his New Style Boutique on

EK4eM.png

Top Bottom