• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European PLAYSTATION 3 Compatibility Site Launches (OMG 75% DAY 1 BC)

wotter

I exited the temple and swung the camera for a massive overdraw and it didn't result in framedrops like it did on ps2. Also, when i encountered the first colossus the framerate remained steady in the video sequence. There are still a lot of drops, but to me it seems like some are ironed out because of the faster drive.

Mmmkay

Okay just ran through a few games (all via HDMI/576p):

Freak Out (a.k.a. Stretch Panic)
Works flawlessly, except a slightly off-centred picture.

ICO
50 and 60Hz modes work fine. No apparent issues.

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Bless its little cotton socks, it only works flawlessly in 60Hz mode! If you have it in 50Hz, the picture judders.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
50 and 60Hz modes work fine. No apparent issues.

Burnout 3: Takedown
50 and 60Hz modes work fine. Only issue comes from audio distortion, the engines have a slight static noise.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Kinan said:
but it says that FFVIII is working fine at PS3, another SKU?

Could be - I'll check my SKU tonight.

All I can do is report what happened when I put the FFVIII disc into my PS3, which is very little.

painey

I tried

MGS2 (Original release w/ free DVD) - Doesnt Work
FFVIII - Original release - Doesnt Work (black screen)
God of War 1 - Plat release - Works Perfectly

kikonawa

i tested FF VII PAL . bootsup and playable but the sceen looks like the USA pre version 1.5 pixelated output.. or is that normal ?? :)

DCharlie

Banned
why does Rez look like arse on my Japanese machine?!

Good lord, it looks like every couple of pixels are misplaced so the text looks bad, and the graphics look all blocky.

:(

Yama

DCharlie said:
why does Rez look like arse on my Japanese machine?!

Good lord, it looks like every couple of pixels are misplaced so the text looks bad, and the graphics look all blocky.

:(
Did you get the 1.50 Firmware update? I know you couldn't have missed the whole 'PS2 games look like crap on PS3' fiasco and then the stealth update.

Top Bottom