• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone should be playing Pangya (Albratross18)

siege

Banned
http://www.albatross18.com

It's better than Hot Shots and it's free. Now out of beta and featuring a brand new winter themed course that rocks. Get it.

screen_11.jpg

FiRez

siege said:
I don't believe so.

My bad, I said that because the web-page layout is almost the same, from R.O.S.E and Ragnarok,

edit: In a 2nd try, I will say that is from the team of Mapple story, because you can buy clothes

siege

Banned
SnowWolf said:
I had fun playing this... a year ago.

Is that winter course new? It looks the same.

It's only been out since September in the US. You must have played the Japanese client. The winter course was just released yesterday.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
siege said:
It's only been out since September in the US. You must have played the Japanese client. The winter course was just released yesterday.

Oh... yeah, I played the Japanese version way back when. There were 6 courses in total I think.

siege

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Oh... yeah, I played the Japanese version way back when. There were 6 courses in total I think.

Yeah. There are 10 final courses which are in the Korean version. The US version only has 4 right now.

I just won one of 120 Santa hats they're giving out over 12 days. :D

Koshiba

I don't really like the game much honestly.

And I think you guys think it's from the same people because all these korean online games usually do seem the same. :lol

EGM92

Been playing since the closed beta, good game, but nothing special, I play a bit when I'm bored at night, I've racked up over 134hrs playing it.

Koshiba

Btw.. If this game is better than this Hot Shots title you mention.. I'll make sure to avoid it. Thanks for the warning.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I didn't like the game that much, but what I did love was playing with Japanese gamers. They're so polite and courteous, it's a total 180 from the asshole American gamers. I can't stand playing on random servers on Xbox Live anymore, I just can't put up with them. So in that sense, Pangya has been quite influential for me :)

Koshiba

SnowWolf said:
I didn't like the game that much, but what I did love was playing with Japanese gamers. They're so polite and courteous, it's a total 180 from the asshole American gamers. I can't stand playing on random servers on Xbox Live anymore, I just can't put up with them. So in that sense, Pangya has been quite influential for me :)

I used to play Bomberman Online and someone started saying bad things to me in spotty engrish. :( I was traumatized from playing with japanese people then on.

I've been playing the game non stop for the past week, but the auto-update doesn't work, and neither does the manual patch. Fucking sucks.

Koshiba

Well, there doesn't even seem to be a way anymore to play a 1 player game. Sometimes I don't feel like dealing with other morons when friends don't feel like playing.

siege

Banned
Koshiba said:
Well, there doesn't even seem to be a way anymore to play a 1 player game. Sometimes I don't feel like dealing with other morons when friends don't feel like playing.

Family mode is coming in a patch. You can still play Blue Lagoon by yourself though by clicking on 'Learn Albatross' and selecting play alone.

Dunno why some of you don't like it. I think it's really fun and addicting. Different strokes I suppose. It's really amazing playing against some of the pros in the game. They make some wicked shots.

Koshiba

siege said:
Family mode is coming in a patch. You can still play Blue Lagoon by yourself though by clicking on 'Learn Albatross' and selecting play alone.

Dunno why some of you don't like it. I think it's really fun and addicting. Different strokes I suppose. It's really amazing playing against some of the pros in the game. They make some wicked shots.

Learn Albatross doesn't allow you to "level up" or get pang.

Also, my friends and I have ran into alot of annoying bugs.. And it's just well, annoying. There are better "free" games I could waste my time on.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Sorry about the bump, but I just found out about this game and have been playing it non stop all day. It's incredible. <3.

Anyone still play?

Amir0x

Banned
Gotta say, this is definitely much WORSE that Hot Shots Golf. But it's free so no reason to complain from me!

siege

Banned
I still play every now and then. My guy is a Senior A. What really kills me is how insane the Korean players are. You have little chance of ever winning a trophy because they put up 25 under par scores or better on every course.

Top Bottom