• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

antitrop

Some of the NDA police in here are funny. Fight the good fight non-employees!

I'm not telling people not to post impressions, I'm just saying they're taking their own Xbox Live account in their hands by doing so.

I would love for nothing more than to spend the rest of my day hearing about this game from people that are actually playing it.

I'll I can say and all I will say is.......

If you like FPS fast paced action with lot's of awesome... holy... shit.

And that is all I will say... I am so happy to be apart of this. I understand why huge ass amounts of money was spent on this.

shocking news

Pretty much anyone who got their hands on a playable build over the last few months has been raving about this game, console warriors aside.

yep.

If it's good enough, da kid will double dip so I can play with my Bone homies.

He said framerate is like Killzone (MP?) and BF4. Are these two that bad?

Yes, that can be kinda bad. That means very real, very perceiptable framerate collapses. Lots of explosions and shit in those games = ~30fps or less for a moment before it composes itself and goes back to 50-60fps. It's tolerable, but not ideal. Hopefully it will be smoothed out for final release. This is an Alpha/Beta.

swcpig

Banned
I'm not telling people not to post impressions, I'm just saying they're taking their own Xbox Live account in their hands by doing so.

I would love for nothing more than to spend the rest of my day hearing about this game from people that are actually playing it.

Look... they released this "alpha" to the unwashed masses. Do you honestly think they don't expect leakage... i'd argue they darn well intend for there to be leaks for "grass roots" cheerleading. No greater speakers for a product than those who feel invited into a "special club".

Because the internet.

Jarmel

Banned
I really would like impressions from experienced COD players, much more so than BF4 players. Mainly in regards to stuff like map layouts, weapon balance, and kill speeds.

nynt9

X1's killer app incoming!!!

And PC's, and X360s. I wish they had a beta (alpha?) on PC as well though. Shame it will be tied to Origin with 99% certainty.

Glad that the beta impressions seem to be positive so far. NDAs suck though.

def sim

I noticed one of the emails in my spam folder had TItanfall as the title as I was clearing it out. It might have been a code. Ah nuts.

def sim

Thats where mine was

ibt21O5Ul5ChHM.gif

antitrop

SGbKlT0.png

OFahS.gif

A part of me feels joy to see the privileged press that gets early access to almost every game (and often rubs it in the face of "consumer peasants") moaning about this on Twitter.

I really would like impressions from experienced COD players, much more so than BF4 players. Mainly in regards to stuff like map layouts, weapon balance, and kill speeds.

Same.

Some questions about this game I'd love to have answered.

1) How long does it take to kill a human opponent, pilot vs pilot with a gun? Comparable to COD?

2) How easy are AI soldiers to kill? Same as human pilots in terms of health?

3) How many guns are there, and what styles are on offer? Assault rifles? So sub machine guns even exist? LMG's?

4) Perks? Equipment?

5) Killstreaks? Do they even exist outside of the Titans?

Grisby

Hope this means a smoother launch day experience. My preorder had been burning a hole in my pocket.

This and Dark Souls 2 is going to make for a fine day indeed.
SGbKlT0.png

OFahS.gif

A part of me feels joy to see the privileged press that gets early access to almost every game (and often rubs it in the face of "consumer peasants") moaning about this on Twitter.
That is pretty funny.

Xone9

Banned
non-nda breaking impressions from EA Titanfall alpha forum = game is awesome, easy to pick up and play, graphics are great, and gameplay on 6v6 is insane.

Top Bottom