• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

Extend it for another week Respawn. Another week won't hurt. ;)

Yeah, that would be really cool, one weekend isn't enough. Game is awesome and I'm hyped beyond believe but I want to be able to play it for another week or so. Life without Titanfall won't be the same ;(

TyrantII

We don't have any responsibilities to enforce other companies' NDAs. Bans rescinded and OP statement removed.

Glad to see that crap sorted.

Media access and Ad revenue pressure is why "Game Journalism" is circling the toilet. B a sad day here if GAF started bowing to that type of censorship. EA needs to enforce their NDA on the people they made sign it, not GAF/ers which actually has a right to publish as much info as they can possibly find out.

Jarmel

Banned
The AI is somewhat terribad but it might be due to it being an alpha. Like in Angel City, one AI is just standing out in the open waiting to be killed.

Really do get the COD vibe, Cant help it, But when I watched them vids the angel city one especially, The throwing of the grenades, Fast quick twitch kills....I'll still probably get it on the 360. BUT.......I do like the Mechs action, That looked pretty neat.

Mononoke

Banned
I talked about fps issues yesterday. I'm still noticing them. I feel like fps dips and stutters happen the most when you are in Titan's, or when you are wall jumping and jetpacking in the air. I really hope that this is sorted by the time final release comes around.

On another note, one thing I really like about this game, is when you your team loses, a ship comes to pick your team up. You have to meet at the designated area on your map, and there is a countdown until your ship arrives. The other team knows where this spot is, so its a struggle to get to the area, and make it there alive. And of course the other team is going to show up and try to kill you, or take the ship down.

If you make it in the ship (you have to jet pack in), then you get a pretty nice chunk of bonus points that add to your leveling up. It's just something that adds a little more to the experience, and I really like it.

The AI is somewhat terribad but it might be due to it being an alpha. Like in Angel City, one AI is just standing out in the open waiting to be killed.

They are bad. I've said this many times before, but I sort of dig them, in the sense that I like the element it adds to speeding up your Titanfall. They remind me of creeps in a MOBA. But that said, they are way too easy to kill. If you have a smart pistol, it auto aims and tells you the exact number of trigger pulls needed to kill everyone highlighted. SO you can pretty much walk up to 5 AI, and just kill them with one shot (all of them). And they won't even get a single shot on you. I can't say I've actually ever been hurt by the AI.

I feel the MOBA element would be better, if the AI was stronger. Imagine if the AI could..actually kill you lol. I mean seriously, that would make it harder to get your Titanfall quicker. I also wouldn't be against them making a system where, if you get killed by a grunt, your Titanfall time falls back. So there is a risk and reward system with going after grunts (and making those decisions based on moments you encounter them. Some instances you can kill them a lot easier than others etc.)

That is some top notch gameplay right there. Always something going on and action everywhere. Really gets me hyped up for the game.

Only thing I don't like is that damn cloak. Way too much sitting in a corner with the cloak on and waiting. I suppose it is Hardpoint Domination so there will always be some of that but even still, I hope the cloak doesn't end up being a problem.

I'm seeing screen tearing in some of these videos. Is that actually present in the game?

Please say no.

On another note, one thing I really like about this game, is when you your team loses, a ship comes to pick your team up. You have to meet at the designated area on your map, and there is a countdown until your ship arrives. The other team knows where this spot is, so its a struggle to get to the area, and make it there a live. And of course the other team is going to show up and try to kill you, or take the ship down.

If you make it in the ship (you have to jet pack in), then you get a pretty nice chunk of bonus points that add to your leveling up. It's just something that adds a little more to the experience, and I really like it.

That sounds really fun.

Mononoke

Banned
That is some top notch gameplay right there. Always something going on and action everywhere. Really gets me hyped up for the game.

Only thing I don't like is that damn cloak. Way too much sitting in a corner with the cloak on and waiting. I suppose it is Hardpoint Domination so there will always be some of that but even still, I hope the cloak doesn't end up being a problem.

Guess it just depends on how you play. But I really like the cloak. I'm Assasin class, so it really helps out. But I haven't really found the cloak to be OP. Most players can tell you have a cloak on, and they will shoot you down quick. The only benefit (I find), is it gives you a little wiggle room when you are coming under fire, and you are hot tailing it out of there. It can be just what you need, to get out of a pinch.

IN terms of sitting in a corner with it on, the cloak doesn't really last long enough to do that, and the reload time for it is enough, that you can't solely rely on cloak and squat. Someone will kill you. At least my experience. I know you are watching a video, but just explaining my overall experience so far with it.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
The game needs more player controlled players. The game seems sparse and empty and the AI opponents just kind of stand there getting shot. 6vs6 doesn't make sense with the size of the maps, what a waste.

ari

Banned
I'm seeing screen tearing in some of these videos. Is that actually present in the game?

Please say no.

That sounds really fun.

I haven't really notice the screen tearing but frame rate would dip slightly when its like 4 titans duking it out at once. I also notice dips doing some of the domination games but its in alpha, so I'm not looking too much into it.

EDIT: Cmerrill, I agree on the AI stuff. I think the AI need to be on a harder difficulty or something. Fucking militia grunts are easy pickings.

Mononoke

Banned
The game needs more player controlled players. The game seems sparse and empty and the AI opponents just kind of stand there getting shot. 6vs6 doesn't make sense with the size of the maps, what a waste.

Interesting. For me, the 6. vs 6. has been a great balance. I never feel like I'm not running into players. There is always action. And I think the way the game is set up, it's all about the Titans. It's all about the struggle to get as many Titan's on the map as possible, and having those epic battles (and the more Titan's on your team, the more you can overcome the other players Titans).

So that is why I personally like the 6 vs. 6. I don't think having 10 Titans on a map at once would really work. But that's just me.

Chobel

Man this game has a lot of jaggies(at least for alpha).

I'm just like you but I'm seeing the footage from PC monitor. Have tried seeing it from your TV? We have one guy here saying there's hardly any jaggies.

If this game is 720p then they are using some aa because the game hardly have any jaggies. Those who say it does probably haven't played the game and just talking out of their ass. We can always verifiy who is playing, just share your gamertag.

Slixshot

Banned
If you really don't want to buy xbone for it, why not get the PC version?

I have a feeling it will be like the difference between playing Battlefield on PC vs Consoles. PC match's pace are too fast for my taste. If I'm wrong about that, then PC it is!

Principate

Saint Titanfall

I can understand why it's like that, more players means more titans and it can honestly become a mess, if you add that while also try to add as much verticality in maps.

Mononoke

Banned

Please say no.

That sounds really fun.

EDIT: The following below is just my own experience, so take it with a grain of salt. I haven't seen many others saying the same thing, so maybe it's on my end.

Yes, I made a post about this yesterday. There is screen tearing, and fps dips. I have an open NAT, and my Ping is low. My connection is full (so I don't think it's connection based). I don't know if your average player will notice it (if they are sitting far back from their TV). But, I notice fps dipping quite a lot.

I notice it mostly with Titan's. When I get into a Titan and start boosting with him, the fps starts to dip. When I eject from the Titan and am in the air, I notice some stutter/jutter. Whenever I'm near plants/trees and I sprint past them, there is a little stutter in the fps (this is the hardest one to notice, because it's a tiny stutter, but I also find it the most annoying, as it can happen constantly as you sprint)l

I generally notice these fps issues when I'm jet packing in the air, wall jumping, basically traversing things at a high speed. I can't say I've noticed HUGE amounts of screen tearing. It only happens when there is a big fps dip (and that doesn't happen as often as the other stuff I mentioned).

One thing is for sure, it doesn't feel like the fps is locked. It's not silky smooth. To be honest, I'm surprised more haven't talked about it. The game is a lot of fun, and it feels "fluid" in terms of how you traverse, and the action. But it's far from a smooth experience (granted, it's an Alpha test).

I'm just like you but I'm seeing the footage from PC monitor. Have tried seeing it from your TV? We have one guy here saying there's hardly any jaggies.

Don't know what to say. I'm on a 55 inch Plasma HDTV, and there is jaggies everywhere.

Bsigg12

Please say no.

That sounds really fun.

Azula has a great post but I haven't seen much. I have only had 2 frame drops and it was because all 12 titans were within view of each other. It was a god damn clusterfuck of explosions and death.

There are jaggies in the training pod thing but not too bad after that. Though the game is 25% of what it will be at launch according to Respawn.

Timu

I see jaggies on any display.=O Also, I'm not sure how that person doesn't see them as I notice them right away.

Mononoke

Banned
Azula has a great post but I haven't seen much. I have only had 2 frame drops and it was because all 12 titans were within view of each other. It was a god damn clusterfuck of explosions and death.

I wonder why you aren't getting the same amount of fps dips. How far are you sitting from your TV? I don't know if distance matters. But I've been sitting really close to my 55 inch (not across the room, like most would). I notice fps dips quite a lot. I'm not talking like massive dips. They are tiny. When you get the big dips, they are in instances like you said (when there is a lot of action in one area, such as explosions etc.).

But I've noticed tiny dips and stutters throughout my play, even when I'm not near a lot of action.

Dueck

Banned
This is literally the only invite to anything I've ever felt butt-hurt by not getting. I hope they do another one (or a beta) so I can try it out before March. I wouldn't take it for granted.

I shouldn't be surprised though. I've bought every Xbox at launch, and had a lot of bad luck (of varying degrees). I wait a year or so on every Sony machine and have good times (as well as a bucket-load of free stuff from Sony on the PS3). I sort of feel bad for betraying Sony's handouts from last gen, by getting the Xbox One instead. Alas, I know no loyalty to a company, only its software!

alatif113

The playthroughs seem fun and all and not to that guy or anything but these textures and assets look worse than COD. For a next gen title i was expecting a little more.

Top Bottom