• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
First 3 letters of my first name and last 3 letters of my last name.

If you want a hint, I share names with a former British Prime Minster.

In the city of New York where the New York Rangers Hockey Team plays (badly), There rules a King. His name is Henrik Lundqvist. He Rocks a #30. I honor him thusly.

Ovid

I hate my username. I've asked the admins to change it twice but they ignored me. I'll bug them again in a couple months. They could at least give me a reponse like "Go fuck yourself" of something...sheesh.

Vox-Pop said:
Vox: a device in certain types of telecommunications equipment, as telephone answering machines, that converts an incoming voice or sound signal into an electrical signal that turns on a transmitter or recorder that continues to operate as long as the incoming signal is maintained.

Pop: a short, quick, explosive sound.

The dash means nothing.
I thought your name was Vox Populi (voice of the people), only shortened.

As for mine, it's taken from a swedish metal band. Not too much of a fan, but liked the name. I've carried it around with me in a number of sites.

Just about all matter in the universe was created and is powered by giant fusion reactors like the sun. That includes everything from giant organic gas clouds to galaxies and the smallest bacteria.

Thus I am Solar powered.
tarius1210 said:
I hate my username. I've asked the admins to change it twice but they ignored me. I'll bug them again in a couple months. They could at least give me a reponse like "Go fuck yourself" of something...sheesh.
It only took them like two weeks to change my username. Just try different mods and maybe you'll get lucky.

lordmrw

Back around 1996 when my friend got Diablo, I couldn't come up with a name for my character. He suggested Mr. W, W because he couldn't pronounce my last name, Mr. because teachers in school always referred to students as Mr. _____. I added the Lord part to make it sound medieval.

.........man I was a lame 16-year old.

Poyunch

Pouch envy. Seinfeld. I accidentally added an "n" and I didn't notice until after I registered. Second choice was Usher Goat. My original choice was Greenyz (the name I usually use online) which I used when originally registered but I never got the confirmation email.

Mkliner

One of my standard online names is Mikl but for whatever reason I couldn't use it here so I basically just started throwing letters on

harSon

Banned
Bentendo said:
Harold Wilson. YEEEAAAAHHHH

Unfortunately :(

I've probably been told "DID YOU KNOW YOU SHARE NAMES WITH A BRITISH PRIME MINISTER?!?!" a hundred times. I would hate to see how many people bring it up if I were to travel to the UK...

bjork

tarius1210 said:

I got two username changes right away. I must've used them all up, so now you can't have one. Sorry.

hermit7

Well when I was in elementary school I had a hermit crab. It was awesome. Hermit was taken on GAF so I added the number 7, which is my favorite.

Boombox - Bangin Beats/Music

blox - Block

Basically, loud music lover.

I know there's a Wii game called Boomblox, don't own it.

20100602-8r9pwqews822dn4rk5qqp99e29.jpg

20100602-kbjghtf7s1m5ucc1epfpq1kd4r.jpg

Juicy Bob

harSon said:
Unfortunately :(

I've probably been told "DID YOU KNOW YOU SHARE NAMES WITH A BRITISH PRIME MINISTER?!?!" a hundred times. I would hate to see how many people bring it up if I were to travel to the UK...

I'm English and I didn't even know who he was.

sinny

Banned
sinny

my favourite NIN song is SIN , and i was called sin_halo in a ninforum. At first i was sin_halo for everyone till they started calling me sinny as a sign of affection. :lol

It all started when I was trying to think of a Gamertag for Xbox Live. I couldn't think of one, so I used the suggestions it gave me. I found the name 'NewbornYeti' and thought it was hilarious.

For NeoGAF, I just wanted to have a simple name, so I chose Yeti. The hyphen was added because just 'Yeti' is taken, but I have never seen the user online.

From Kill Bill: (also Live/PSN IDs: blackMamba187)

"In Africa, the saying goes 'In the bush, an elephant can kill you, a leopard can kill you, and a black mamba can kill you. But only with the mamba is death sure.' Hence its handle, 'Death Incarnate.'" Pretty cool, huh?"

"The venom of a black mamba can kill a human in four hours, if, say, bitten on the ankle or the thumb. However, a bite to the face or torso can bring death from paralysis within 20 minutes. Now, you should listen to this, 'cause this concerns you. The amount of venom that can be delivered from a single bite can be gargantuan. You know, I've always liked that word... ”gargantuan"... so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence. If not treated quickly with antivenom, 10 to 15 milligrams can be fatal to human beings. However, the black mamba can deliver as much as 100 to 400 milligrams of venom from a single bite."

edit: FYI, if you don't want racial slurs thrown at you ad nauseum on Xbox Live, don't put 'black' in your handle. Its a ridiculous phenomenon.

My XBL gamertag is Daxx 25 and seeing how this forum already has Dax01 I decided to come up with a username that represented my "darker side".

At`ra`men´tal
1. Of or pertaining to ink; inky; black, like ink; as, atramental galls; atramentous spots.

I think the main reason why I chose this word to be my username was because I remember one of my Bible teachers saying that sin was like black ink on our souls.

dabig2

Clearly referring to my moon-sized...admiration for Scottie Pippen and MJ as the 2 greats to the Chicago Bulls dynasty.

ScrubJay

I'm named after a common local bird.

When I got a PS3 I wasn't expecting to have to sign up for PSN right away, so when it came to choose a name there was a Scrub Jay outside making a racket, so that's the name I chose plus the date of my birth (scrubjay84) since someone else had the same idea. The names stuck for all online monikers ever since.

In the last lab I was trapped in I fart and lightning escaped my butt, my ass cheeks clapped together making thunder.

They started calling me Thunder Monkey.

TM for short.

Carlisle

When I was in high school I started brainstorming ideas for a book I wanted to write. The surname of the main protagonist was Carlisle. And here I am today.

I was always creating web handles for myself based on obscure anime characters. I've always been a fan of the anime known as G-Force, aka Eagle Riders, aka Battle of the Planets, aka Gatchaman. The Japanese title was "Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman", which literally translates to "Ninjas of Science Gatchaman".

So I coined the phrase "Scientific Ninja".

That was nearly a decade ago. Some jackass has it registered as a website/blog now and there are a lot of copycats. But back in the day, once upon a time, I was the one-and-only :D

I decided I would use a character from one of my favorite movies-- Dr. Strangelove. I figured Strangelove himself was already taken, and among Major Kong, Buck Turgeson, Jack D. Ripper, and others, I felt that Lionel Mandrake had the best ring to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom