• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroRay

Couldn't think of anything better after I forgot the password of an old account I had 8 years ago.

Used this for most of my online names since.

Ovid

SolarPowered said:
Just about all matter in the universe was created and is powered by giant fusion reactors like the sun. That includes everything from giant organic gas clouds to galaxies and the smallest bacteria.

Thus I am Solar powered.

It only took them like two weeks to change my username. Just try different mods and maybe you'll get lucky.
Okay, I'll try again. I hope I don't get banned for this.

ManeKast

Mane = my hair. Kast = Cast with a K (about 18 years ago, lol).

This was a stoner name for me co-created by me and my mates, listening to metal I would cast my mane of hair. ManeKast was the end result, now its my gamertag and username. It stuck.

Song by Be Your Own Pet. Thought it sounded good, even though I'm not a huge fan of that song (but I do love them). Use it for everything now.

MetalAlien

Banned
sideS_Aliens06.jpg

A long time ago I used to use silent_assassin_bg, but got tired of typing it. Simply put the bg is just the html code and an assassin is supposed to blend into the background.

Daheza

My little brother, little sister, and I wanted to create a username to use with all of our online accounts we shared. They do not visit neogaf but the name stuck with me.
Our names are:
DAvid
HEather
ZAch

So taking the first two letters from each name we get Daheza.

ronito

bgassassin said:
A long time ago I used to use silent_assassin_bg, but got tired of typing it. Simply put the bg is just the html code and an assassin is supposed to blend into the background.
I always thought it was Big Ass, assin.

movie_club

in hs i was in movie club, it was once a weekly club. But eventually we went everyday to hang out and talk with the teacher who ran it, for literally 3-4 hours a day.

G.O.O.

Great Old One, I'm a Lovecraft fan. First time I'm using this username though.

Also, it could become G.O.D. as easily as P.O.O. But I don't think that was intended.

movie_club

Daheza said:
My little brother, little sister, and I wanted to create a username to use with all of our online accounts we shared. They do not visit neogaf but the name stuck with me.
Our names are:
DAvid
HEather
ZAch

So taking the first two letters from each name we get Daheza.
Ha, for me that would be Jaryke

Sai-kun

Banned
Turk said:
Funny story, I'm actually Polish.
Dammit. I saw that you had just posted and I was thinking "I bet he's Turkish or something!" Ahaha. :lol

Sai = A shortened version of "Saito", the Japanese name of a Megaman character!

-kun = Japanese suffix for boys/friends/something like that!

JDSN

Banned
I had nothing on my mind to write at the time, I wish I could change it to Salta since thats the one I use when I play with gaffers.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
A Penguin said:
I like penguins? Haha, they've always been my schtick, ex. teachers at school have called me "penguin".

Are you a short, round man who wears tuxedos?

Please say yes, that sounds awesome in a batman villainy way.

Mush

ha-mi-sh

My name is Hamish. One day a friend called me "Mush" for no particular reason.

The reasoning behind it is that it is like "HEYMUSH" or "Hey, Mush" if you'd like.

It stuck.

I was watching some dumb movie in my dorm common when the boards reset. I don't even fucking know the name of the movie that dumb Dinosaurs! baby knockoff is from.

I got my first computer when I was like 12, and back then AOL had a 10-character username limit. I wanted to be "The Lunarian", like from Final Fantasy 4, so that became "thlunarian", and it's stuck ever since

yencid

1)i love old disney animated movies (my avatar being from fantasia/sorcerers apprentice)

2) favorite video game series:
Kingdom%20Hearts.jpg

KH IS:

ff1logo.jpg
+
walt-disney-logo_thumb.png

that equals:

351306-yen_sid1_large.jpg
+
kh-cid-a.jpg

(not just highwind but all of them)

yen sid - sid + cid =yencid

awesome math eh?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Mine's a mystery. Mr. E. Mystery.

But seriously, it's just my initials.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
uh, i liked james bond on N64 a lot as a 12 year old. so back when i was making my first screen name on AOL, i named myself dave bond.

and eventually i opened a comedy site. so i put poo in between and made it all one word. davepoobond. to make my name funny.

Arthrus

I once spelled Arthas wrong. Decided I liked Arthrus better, and it was done. Many, many years later I came to GAF...

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I liked Kangaroos so I added my last name in there and ended up with Jangaroo.
Edit: I feel like I already explained this in this thread :lol

NewLib

Banned
My username on IRC back in the day was AdLib (maybe 1996?). I lost a bet and had to change my username so I changed it naturally to NewLib.

Deku

Banned
Dekka was my nickname growing up.

Deku is from Zelda, but used more because it sounded a lot like my nickname.

The flipside is I've been mistaken from other Dekus floating around the interwebs. I would have just kept it as Dekka if given the opportunity.

Mine's pretty simple, Shunsaku Ban / Ban Shunsaku is a recurring character in a lot of Tezuka's work... You might know him as Mr Mustachio.

Not sure why I chose it as a username though, I'm a fan of Tezuka but not a massive one. I just like the way the name sounds :D

I was always a Sega man. I loved me some Sonic and for most of my childhood loved it a great deal more than Mario. So yeah. Sonic. Seven chaos emeralds. Just kind of stuck with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom