• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (999 Staff, Vita/3DS) Site Opens w/ Trailer

I imagine it will be hard to get the Vita version over here unless it manages to get a sizable user-base despite all the negative outlooks for it. At least the 3DS version seems guaranteed and shouldn't be too much of a visual downgrade, if REvelations was anything to go by which is no visual slouch at all.

The 3DS version doesn't look bad or anything. I just prefer the higher res is all. =)

I imagine it will be hard to get the Vita version over here unless it manages to get a sizable user-base despite all the negative outlooks for it. At least the 3DS version seems guaranteed and shouldn't be too much of a visual downgrade, if REvelations was anything to go by which is no visual slouch at all.

The Vita just came out, I think it's way too early to be writing it off. It can't really get a larger user base if no one releases any games for it. (The 3DS went through almost the exactly the same situation upon it's release.)

I'm hoping that both versions get a US release.

Veal

I rolled with the Vita version because of how damn beautiful it looks on the screen + better audio on the Vita.
So how is that actually possible? Aren't the 3DS and Vita pretty much at parity when it come to game sizes now? Unless the 3DS carts cost more to make than the Vita carts, why would they compress the 3DS version? Not trying to attack you or anything, just trying to get some clarification.

wrowa

We in europe are fucked ;_;

Yeah. The Vita version is our only hope.

With retail game download announced for the eShop, it might actually be possible for Aksys to distribute the game digitally in Europe. But even in the case that they are interested in doing this (which probably isn't very likely to begin with, considering they would need to license the game for Europe too), I have the feeling that Nintendo will do something dumb to prevent this from happening. Probably in order to "save the retailers" or something along those lines.

Lain

I'd hope Aksys would release it for both platforms, if they were to bring the game out in the west, though I'd be more interested about a VITA release, given where I live.

Wichu

Europe am cry :(

If we don't get a PAL version, looks like this is my first reason to get a Vita.

EDIT: It was possible to make DSi-enhanced games region-free (Pokémon B/W outside of Japan). Is the same possible for 3DS? If so, get on it Aksys!

So how is that actually possible? Aren't the 3DS and Vita pretty much at parity when it come to game sizes now? Unless the 3DS carts cost more to make than the Vita carts, why would they compress the 3DS version? Not trying to attack you or anything, just trying to get some clarification.

I have absolutely no databor info to back that up save for my own ears. I personally think Audi sounds clearer on the Vita in general, not just for this game. Whether that's a speaker thing or a compression thing or simply just my imagination? No clue. Take my words with a grain of salt on that one.

angelfly

Compare the audio yourself:
3DS Sample
Vita Sample

angelfly

That's really weird that the voices are that much more compressed on the 3DS, especially when the rest of the audio sounds identical. Is that from the final game?

I didn't record them (they were posted on 2ch a couple of weeks ago) but both are from the demo versions so I'd say the final versions should be the same.

Ridley327

I didn't record them (they were posted on 2ch a couple of weeks ago) but both are from the demo versions so I'd say the final versions should be the same.

The VA in the final version of RE:R sounded better compared to the demo, but that may just be an isolated incident. Really strange decision if it does end up being the case.

GSR

What sort of filesize limits are imposed on 3DS and Vita demos? I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's got a much more strict limit.

angelfly

What sort of filesize limits are imposed on 3DS and Vita demos? I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's got a much more strict limit.

I don't know about the limits but the 3DS demo is 697 blocks and the Vita demo is 111MB. Not sure what the block conversion rate is.

I don't know about the limits but the 3DS demo is 697 blocks and the Vita demo is 111MB. Not sure what the block conversion rate is.

I think about 1000 blocks is around 100MB. Also won't be shocked if the demo is more compressed then the final game.

Edit:Beaten badly.

Javier

Well, they're supposed to release 3DS retail titles in the eShop in the future, so I'm sure file size limit isn't an issue anymore (definitely not as it was in Wii/DSi shop).

Holy shit, sorry for that awful last post. I typed it up on my iPad when I woke up and didn't check to make sure autocorrect and the touch screen hadn't mangled my post. >.>

Phatcorns

Somehow randomly remembered this game came out in Japan. Man, I am definitely going to get a Vita on Wednesday just for this game. Too bad who knows how the long the wait will be for the English version.

This shot perfectly demonstrates what I love about this game; it's insane.

AmLcebxCIAE3AOs.jpg:large

Been posting tons of spoiler free shots on my twitter. I'll post a couple here probz.

Volcynika

This shot perfectly demonstrates what I love about this game; it's insane.

https://p.twimg.com/AmLcebxCIAE3AOs.jpg:large[IMG]

Been posting tons of spoiler free shots on my twitter. I'll post a couple here probz.[/QUOTE]

Japan, yo. :p

I don't even understand what's going on, but that image is hilarious.

angelfly

I don't see anything interesting about that piece of dialogue unless you're pointing out that Alice is awesome in which case I'd agree. Although until I play through once I'm still on Team Lotus.

I don't see anything interesting about that piece of dialogue unless you're pointing out that Alice is awesome in which case I'd agree. Although until I play through once I'm still on Team Lotus.

I would never post something with interesting dialogue, despite having taken screens of tons of funny/crazy moments. That'd be spoiling. =p

I mean, look at that shot. Both K and Alice look RIDICULOUS when standing next to one another. Someone needs to make a caption or something. XD

NFreak

Nintendo Power has confirmed that the game will be localized for North America by the end of the year. Now the question is which version I want to get....... I only have a 3DS at the moment but I plan on getting a Vita sometime this year. Well, I'll have some time to decide.

dvolovets

Nintendo Power has confirmed that the game will be localized for North America by the end of the year. Now the question is which version I want to get....... I only have a 3DS at the moment but I plan on getting a Vita sometime this year. Well, I'll have some time to decide.

Are both versions going to be released in the US?

kunonabi

Seaman 3ds yesterday, GPD coming to the states, Nintendo direct early wednesday morning, and three Wii imports coming in the mail = best week ever? Looking like it.

F U 3DS for being region locked!

Apart of me is ecstatic that this is getting translated in English, but at the same time it hurts since it won't be available in Australia. Gahhhhhhhh!

I'll probably end up getting a Vita, so I really...really hope it’s going to get translated on the Vita too. It's my only hope! Any hints Akselziys? : (

Don't see any reason it wouldn't come for both (unless I missed one in this thread), as there is no exclusive content in either and the text is essentially exactly the same.

I can't see the Vita bombing so hard in the US that they just go "yeah, no thanks". (Although many 3DS fans want it to, for whatever reason)

Ridley327

The game lets you take screenshots on the Vita?

Man, if ever there was a game that should have had it disabled out of fear of spoilers...

The game lets you take screenshots on the Vita?

Man, if ever there was a game that should have had it disabled out of fear of spoilers...

Haha, right? It's the reason I've only been taking generic shots of characters saying generic things.

17 hours in and I'd hate to spoil any of the shizzle that's happened so far.

GSR

Maaaaan the wait is just killer now that we know it's coming some time down the line. Still, enjoying these shots. (It's also fun to see how much of what they're saying I can actually read.)

Javier

Is the screenshot-taking function built into the game or is part of the Vita itself?

If it's the former I hope the 3DS version has it too.

Haha, right? It's the reason I've only been taking generic shots of characters saying generic things.

17 hours in and I'd hate to spoil any of the shizzle that's happened so far.

As you are playing teh game in japanese , i have a question Is the game full voiced ? ( or just important moments ? )

@MUWANdo

Banned
edit: just noticed how old this thread was... dude above me could have bumped the more up-to-date one, but whatever.

The VA in the final version of RE:R sounded better compared to the demo, but that may just be an isolated incident. Really strange decision if it does end up being the case.

The Rayman demo has similarly compressed audio. I'm willing to bet it's a demo thing.

Top Bottom